Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Thinking of buying Fulcrum 1

Best part of £500 seems exp, anyone care to comment on usability with the Q400?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

usability with the Q400?

A superb complement !

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, polosim said:

A superb complement !

spacer.png

Is this the Fulcrum throttle?  🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, $2200 is out of my value range!

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Best part of £500 seems exp, anyone care to comment on usability with the Q400?

Kevin, I don’t have that aircraft but do have several others including Vertx DA62, Carenado PC12, PMDG737, Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 and FS Labs Concorde.

You don’t say what your using now but if it’s the Saitek the Fulcrum is in a different league. 8” of forward / backward travel compared to 3” on the Saitek.

Hall-effect sensors for both axes and very high quality buttons and switches. It’s a quantum leap in quality. When you consider its closest competitor is the Yoko which costs the best part of 900GBP the Fulcrum represents a bargain.

Comparison video here with the Honeycomb which I wouldn’t recommend.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Kevin, I don’t have that aircraft but do have several others including Vertx DA62, Carenado PC12, PMDG737, Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 and FS Labs Concorde.

Appreciated Ray thanks, tbh the OH is the major obstacle!!

xaP1VAU.png

50 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Appreciated Ray thanks, tbh the OH is the major obstacle!!

My sympathies. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A great deal can also depend on your so-called cockpit, or sim flying environment.  Mine is shared. My environment is a nicely finished office desk, a piece of furniture.  It and my computer are put to use for a number of other purposes and when doing so my yoke and quadrant are removed and sit patiently waiting on a nearby bookshelf until I beacon them to fly.  That environment would not survive the use of a yoke such as the Fulcrum.  That is not a testament to its purposeful use.  It is just that there are likely as many different sets of use-environments among us as there are members here.  I, for one, needed a different option more friendly to my environment and use and I am greatly pleased with what I have in use.

Over the past 30+ years I have logged now over 9,000 hours of simulator flight time.  During that period I have employed the use of three flight sticks and four yokes.  I did not wear any of them out. None up to this point utilized an increment to hall-effect sensors.  I migrated from one yoke to another based on improvements in touch-feel and enhanced functionality, and the friendly way they mated to my on-and-off office environment.  I see that the model of flight yoke I currently use will soon be offering a new model enhanced with hall-effect sensors.  I may consider that.  But at age 73, another personal characteristic, it might even out live my grandson.....

Kevin, my recommendation is that you evaluate all the characteristics of your simulation environment and use, and weighing all of those decide from all the offerings accordingly.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My sympathies. 

Viewed the vid, I like the 4k resolution and the sturdiness, but lack of a forward facing PTT button is a major factor for me, given I always fly with VoxATC.

@tutmeister is that ever likely to change please?

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Viewed the vid, I like the 4k resolution and the sturdiness, but lack of a forward facing PTT button is a major factor for me, given I always fly with VoxATC.

@tutmeister is that ever likely to change please?

Hi Kevin

This yoke handle won’t change because it will not be cost effective to change. The tooling required for casting cost thousands so this design is pretty much set. It is also a sort of hybrid GA/jet yoke so won’t fit every use case perfectly but once you use it you realise it fits most pretty well and the top buttons are ok for use with voxatc.

Saying that though we are working on some additional yoke handles which include 737 style followed by probably a Q400.

Thanks for your interest and support!

Chris

• Upvote 1

Probably a Q400????  I am patiently waiting for the Q400 variant - please and thanks.  LOL

Good to see this product progressing well.

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

8 hours ago, tutmeister said:

followed by probably a Q400

I second @crosswind, you have those variants in the wrong order 😉

Seriously..I get the economics, there are probably more 737 pilots, hopefully the different yoke handles should be a shorter development time as the yoke interface already exists and the shape and designs are already done for you 🤣

Edit, I pre-ordered on the basis of quite a lot of positive feedback. If you do a throttle as well, please include a decent range of assignable switches 👍

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

That environment would not survive the use of a yoke such as the Fulcrum.

I'd say, it depends. HERE is my 737 rig (including the Fulcrum with a third-party 737 handle) and the same place after all the sim stuff was put away (which takes 10 minutes). Of course you'll need more storage space...

Edited by SergeyPe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I second @crosswind, you have those variants in the wrong order 😉

Seriously..I get the economics, there are probably more 737 pilots, hopefully the different yoke handles should be a shorter development time as the yoke interface already exists and the shape and designs are already done for you 🤣

Edit, I pre-ordered on the basis of quite a lot of positive feedback. If you do a throttle as well, please include a decent range of assignable switches 👍

Would be a dream to have "Fulcrum" quality throttle, preferably modular. I like my Honeycomb quadrant but I sim a lot and love quality hardware like this.

Ok, poor choice of words. "Probably" wasn't right, we will be doing a Q400 and a modular throttle along with a set of 3 vernier style controls.

We are currently looking at non metal options for the yoke handles but this will only work if, when painted, they feel high quality. There are significant advantages to this as it means more types available at a lower development cost. The connecting clamps, hardware, control boards and switches will be the same high quality though but I would like us to be able to offer a wide range of ga and commercial aircraft yokes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Ok, poor choice of words. "Probably" wasn't right, we will be doing a Q400 and a modular throttle along with a set of 3 vernier style controls.

Sorry Chris, English is a wonderful language...you'll be doing a Q400 yoke handle AND throttle?  or did you mean a Q400 yoke handle and a non specific modular throttle, meaning interchangeable lever/handle styles?

xaP1VAU.png