Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

Nvidia 496.49

36 minutes ago, crazydog said:

This has to be a Microsoft / Steam error (unless I have some silly setting somewhere:-) 

Well, you're right something somewhere is amiss!   Have you done a complete new install of Win 10 and MSFS yet?  If you haven't that might be worth biting the bullet and giving it a shot.   If you do follow the KISS model:  accept all default installation locations, be certain your hardware is perfect prior to installing MSFS, avoid all mods until you've proven all is well and stable.   A few weeks ago I did a complete new Win 10 install on a 2nd drive and new MSFS install and it really wasn't a big deal.  Reinstalling MSFS thru the MS Store was flawless and required little to no attention on my part.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Thanks Noel and March Hare -  I will do so.

As it happens during the past month when I was unable to fly (because of the freezing at 70% launching a flight) - the "turn off photogrammetry because bandwidth is insufficient " came up almost every time.

Strangely, prior to the 'freezing' issue - I had 2 weeks flying with not one 'bandwidth' issue.  My guess is that the present problem is due to some update in past month.

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Well, you're right something somewhere is amiss!   Have you done a complete new install of Win 10 and MSFS yet?  If you haven't that might be worth biting the bullet and giving it a shot.   If you do follow the KISS model:  accept all default installation locations, be certain your hardware is perfect prior to installing MSFS, avoid all mods until you've proven all is well and stable.   A few weeks ago I did a complete new Win 10 install on a 2nd drive and new MSFS install and it really wasn't a big deal.  Reinstalling MSFS thru the MS Store was flawless and required little to no attention on my part.

I am just too old to face reinstalling Windows 10.  If you asked me to reinstall Windows 3.1 or 95, then I'd have bitten the bullet - but there is so much I have on this system that is fine tuned (passwords / keys, etc) that were I to reinstall my ageing mind wouldn't cope.  I have recent disk images stored just in case of a Windows failure.  It might well solve the problem, but I have read of  one or two cases where people reinstalled everything only to find they were back in the same boat.

• Like 1

I hear that!

Can you afford a new SSD?  For decades I did a dual-boot configuration wherein my P3D drive was only for P3D and its myriad add-ons, and the other boot for all else.  It's not too hard to do plus you retain your current system of course, and you could then delete MSFS on it and pick up space.  Then, use the new SSD or m.2 NVMe drive for MSFS w/ or w/o other games, etc.   I use an MacBood Pro now for everything except sims n games.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

I hear that!

Can you afford a new SSD?  For decades I did a dual-boot configuration wherein my P3D drive was only for P3D and its myriad add-ons, and the other boot for all else.  It's not too hard to do plus you retain your current system of course, and you could then delete MSFS on it and pick up space.  Then, use the new SSD or m.2 NVMe drive for MSFS w/ or w/o other games, etc.   I use an MacBood Pro now for everything except sims n games.

That's something to consider Noel, maybe a project for the new year - thanks.

Just tried another restart of FS and the flight began alright - but 2 minutes in I was told that I was disconnected - that data would be turned off - then promptly the green "Reconnected" sign came on.  It seems to go round and round in an endless loop of disconnecting / reconnecting.  Madness!

14 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Just tried another restart of FS and the flight began alright - but 2 minutes in I was told that I was disconnected - that data would be turned off - then promptly the green "Reconnected" sign came on.  It seems to go round and round in an endless loop of disconnecting / reconnecting.  Madness!

Have you heard of this issue from other users?   I wonder if something to do w/ your VPN is actually not behaving completely w/o the VPN even though it's turned off.  How about contact your internet provider looking for things that might subvert it from working consistently?  Have you run other tests to ascertain if indeed ALL programs have access to your full bandwidth all the time?  Also, if you have a lot of space on your current system drive could you do a simple install of Win 10 on a new partition, install MSFS in that new partition and OS, and don't install your VPN software in this install?

Edited by Noel

Noel

@Noel I have had the exact same thing @crazydogi is describing. It happened once or twice. I did nothing. It cleared up and hasn't happened since. It is quite strange. I'm sure I've seen others mention it too. Hopefully it clears up on its own for Crazydog, like it did for me, so I would leave it be and come back a different day and see if the problem goes.

37 minutes ago, crazydog said:

The MS streaming service has been unreliable.. this is not a problem at your end.

They seem unable to handle the large number of users that they are so happy to have on board.. 😉

• Like 2

Bert

22 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Could you try a couple of things.

- Update the drivers for your network adapters and firmware for your router

- Connect to your router directly if you can rather than using wifi

- Update the DNS settings on your router to Cloudflare, Google or OpenDNS (lots of good guides online / youtube)

Aha, well thank you all.  I won't panic right away.  I will see how things pan out for a week or two.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Could you try a couple of things.

- Update the drivers for your network adapters and firmware for your router

- Connect to your router directly if you can rather than using wifi

- Update the DNS settings on your router to Cloudflare, Google or OpenDNS (lots of good guides online / youtube)

Thank you - that last one (DNS settings) is a thought.

Edit:  set to Cloud flare - immediately loading FS got the warning about connection dropped - then reconnected - then that photogrammetry would be disabled because of low bandwidth.  Thanks anyway.

Edited by crazydog
additional information

Just think the next release will be any day now.  Driver heaven I guess. 😜

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The MS streaming service has been unreliable.. this is not a problem at your end.

They seem unable to handle the large number of users that they are so happy to have on board.. 😉

don't have this problem, but I have a 400mbps line thru WiFi.  This suggests it has less to do with MS streaming service being unreliable and more to do with real bandwidth required.

Noel

2 hours ago, crazydog said:

Thank you - that last one (DNS settings) is a thought.

Edit:  set to Cloud flare - immediately loading FS got the warning about connection dropped - then reconnected - then that photogrammetry would be disabled because of low bandwidth.  Thanks anyway.

Just wondering if TalkTalk are using traffic shaping? If so this may sadly be the cause of your bandwidth woes. 

Confession time...I remembered that a couple of months ago I was experimenting with an app that utilised Google Earth maps in place of Bing Maps - it temporarily placed the following in Windows Host file:  

127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net

127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

Supposedly these lines are supposed to be deleted when the program exits, but in my case they remained, hence the problems I'd been experiencing connecting to Bing.  I have since deleted the lines and successfully flown 2 different flights without problem and with graphics set to High with good frame rates - and on my cheap graphics card too.

My fault entirely, not MSFS.

Apologies to all, and thanks again for all the help offered!

• Like 3