Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A320 + Simbrief + default ATC possible...?

I am flying the FBW A320 for the second time. This time I wanted to have MSFS ATC to give something extra to the trip. However, when I load the Simbrief exported plan into MSFS it is also loaded in the MCDU and it seems impossible to use the FBW A320 Simbrief integration in the MCDU... The option INIT REQUEST isn't there and the option OFP REQUEST SEND and REFUEL LOAD doesn't do anything.

Is there a way to keep the Simbrief integration AND have default ATC at the same time...?

Yes, it is

Dont load flightplan in MSFS from Simbrief. Just set Departure Airport and gate only. Import flightplan in EFB from Simbrief, use ATC with option ( some FL - but I forgot the name now.) Its work in Stable version.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

If you do it this way you will need to do request flight level changes until you get to your cruising altitude as the ATC won’t read it from the flight plan.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rutra said:

Yes, it is

Dont load flightplan in MSFS from Simbrief. Just set Departure Airport and gate only. Import flightplan in EFB from Simbrief, use ATC with option ( some FL - but I forgot the name now.) Its work in Stable version.

Ah, okay, so use the ATC menu to file the plan... But er... can you load a plan while in the cockpit...?

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

If you do it this way you will need to do request flight level changes until you get to your cruising altitude as the ATC won’t read it from the flight plan.

Hm... so ATC only becomes a bit useful when it comes to the approach and so on...? Do you know another way of doing this?

Yes it is possible and here is how I do it:

Please try the following:

1. Create your FP in Simbrief, generate the FP
  2. Using the Simbrief downloader, transfer your FP to MSFS LocalState folder
  3. When on the MSFS map, select on the bottom menu line "Load and Save" click "LOAD"
  4. Select the saved Simbrief FP, click OPEN, your FP will appear on the planning line, 
  5. Choose your gate or parking position from the DROP DOWN list - NOT from the map (hover your mouse on the airport map to see which position you wish, but don't select it from the map otherwise your FP will be changed by MSFS...)
  6. Check your altitude on the NavLog and, if necessary (but it likely won't be), change it
  7. Load your flight and ATC will give you the altitude filled in your FP

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

4 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Choose your gate or parking position from the DROP DOWN list - NOT from the map (hover your mouse on the airport map to see which position you wish, but don't select it from the map otherwise your FP will be changed by MSFS...)

Ah! That must be it! I indeed selected the gate on the map! I will use the dropdown menu the next flight and see what happens! 🙂

Edited by tup61

Yes unfortunately MSFS is currently very picky about what you can click in the flight planner without it deciding to create a whole new flight plan for you.  I’ve made the same mistake myself.  Apparently it’s due to be fixed in SU7 thankfully, it will be nice to be able to select runways etc without the flightplan changing.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hm, well, bummer, even when using the dropdown menu MSFS screwed things up. Still no INIT REQUEST. Started the flight all over again without loading anything and it works... Ah, well, ATC made a mess of my previous flight anyway so... Maybe I will just use ATC for flight following.

BTW And now for something completely different: the V-speeds can't be entered by double clicking after loading the Simbrief OFP: I get a format error everytime...?

Yes, export your simbrief plan in PLN format and import it from the world map.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Yes, export your simbrief plan in PLN format and import it from the world map.

Er... thanks, but this post is all about the fact that what you say does't work. At least not when you want to use the Simbrief integration in the MCDU...

1 minute ago, tup61 said:

Er... thanks, but this post is all about the fact that what you say does't work. At least not when you want to use the Simbrief integration in the MCDU...

I do it all the time. I create my flight plan. I save in PLN format. I load that plan in the world map. When I am in the FBW A32NX, I used the ATSU and load the plan from simbrief. They will match. 

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

I do it all the time. I create my flight plan. I save in PLN format. I load that plan in the world map. When I am in the FBW A32NX, I used the ATSU and load the plan from simbrief. They will match. 

Maybe you don't change the starting location then? Whenever I do so (which I always do because I don't want to start on the runway) the option isn't there.

Just now, tup61 said:

Maybe you don't change the starting location then? Whenever I do so (which I always do because I don't want to start on the runway) the option isn't there.

You can change it anything after you load the PLN file. The world map allows all modification until you press the button.

I've found that 

3 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Yes it is possible and here is how I do it:

Please try the following:

1. Create your FP in Simbrief, generate the FP
  2. Using the Simbrief downloader, transfer your FP to MSFS LocalState folder
  3. When on the MSFS map, select on the bottom menu line "Load and Save" click "LOAD"
  4. Select the saved Simbrief FP, click OPEN, your FP will appear on the planning line, 
  5. Choose your gate or parking position from the DROP DOWN list - NOT from the map (hover your mouse on the airport map to see which position you wish, but don't select it from the map otherwise your FP will be changed by MSFS...)
  6. Check your altitude on the NavLog and, if necessary (but it likely won't be), change it
  7. Load your flight and ATC will give you the altitude filled in your FP

I find that when I do this, the FBW A320 doesn't load the weight & balance information from Simbrief.

Edited by gb09f
Typo