Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

SU7 mouse click doesnt work

exit vr=ctd.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

13 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks for sharing it here.........Also VR isn´t smooth anymore. Did you noticed the terrain gets stutters when panning left and panning right? It was so smooth before. Maybe I switch back to DX11 so long

I had a similar problem, do you have HAGS on, try this off and the stutters on panning seemed to go.

Hope this helps.

P.S and yes going back to DX11 is probably the way to go.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

58 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

I had a similar problem, do you have HAGS on, try this off and the stutters on panning seemed to go.

Hope this helps.

P.S and yes going back to DX11 is probably the way to go.

DX12: Only tested with HAGS OFF - Still stuttery and worse Frametimes and Framerates

DX11: Test ON=Worse Frametime and Framerate

DX11: Test OFF=Very good Frametimes/FPS and smooth epxerience! 

So I am on DX11 now, HAGS OFF and have super smooth VR AND 2D Screen usage.

Thanks for your Hint Steve! Much Appreciated.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

35 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

DX12: Only tested with HAGS OFF - Still stuttery and worse Frametimes and Framerates

DX11: Test ON=Worse Frametime and Framerate

DX11: Test OFF=Very good Frametimes/FPS and smooth epxerience! 

So I am on DX11 now, HAGS OFF and have super smooth VR AND 2D Screen usage.

Thanks for your Hint Steve! Much Appreciated.

Marcus

Glad it helped Marcus.

I never used to run HAGS on prior to getting a 30 Series card as it was said to have issues, always had it on though after the upgrade until this SU7 update.

I am not sure what has happened to this release, for VR users its an absolute mess with the Toolbar and mouse issues. This is now what I am trying to fight with with not much luck at the moment

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

4 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Glad it helped Marcus.

I never used to run HAGS on prior to getting a 30 Series card as it was said to have issues, always had it on though after the upgrade until this SU7 update.

I am not sure what has happened to this release, for VR users its an absolute mess with the Toolbar and mouse issues. This is now what I am trying to fight with with not much luck at the moment

We are in exact the same boat. And this after I recently decided to switch FROM  P3D (were I am a beta tester also) to MSFS. 

VR in MSFS with FBWA320 is pretty much superior. When Fenix A320 comes out ...I will probably 100% fly MSFS and only test P3D for helping LM develop their Platform.......who knows what they are doing atm

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Why is anyone trying to run this sim in DX12?  I have yet to see a report of DX12 improving anything, while pretty much 100% have stated performance is worse in DX12.  I guess the better question is, why did Asobo bother to even include DX12 as an option at this point.  It is clearly not ready for prime time.

Asobo continues to amaze me.  Somehow, SU7 deems VR virtually unusable, yet Asobo either failed to see that during "testing" (which is laughable) or they failed to care (which is disheartening)

• Like 1

To get the mouse to work try ctrl+0 as in the number zero. Toggles use of mouse on.

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

i am always in VR, so no monitor settings here! I had earlier seen these posts on the mouse issue, for me everything is fine, It as always been left on default settings. The one thing I did when I received a prompt regarding the hand controller was to acknowledge its default setting. So whether this needs acknowledging first to make the mouse work??

Also make sure your pointer is visible and centred on your HMD home screen before switching over to MSFS VR, i have had numerous disappearing cursors in forgetting to do this. 

I also reduced my terrain LOD to reduce lag from the previous patch. The LOD may have increased in this version.

Friday Harbour to Seattle there are plenty of trees to see.

3 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

To get the mouse to work try ctrl+0 as in the number zero. Toggles use of mouse on.

I can confirm this works.  A bit annoying that we have to do it, but at least the sim is playable for me in VR now.  Now if I could just tone down the extreme overexposure in sunlight and ridiculous haze/fog reducing visibility to maybe a half mile almost everywhere I fly...

Btw. its user discovery, not hotfix.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Yet again the radio silence from Asobo is deafening, sure the workaround works to some degree but we simply should not have to put up with that when such a basic requirement of the control system does not function properly. I find their ignorance to issues at times not only baffling but worrying as well, regarding VR it was always an afterthought and they only added it in when the community shouted loudly enough at the initial "no VR support" when the product was first marketed. But now they're making it obvious that it's OK to leave fundamental basic control operations completely broken for months (SU8 in February remember) in the vain hope we'll get by without noticing....it beggars belief that they can be so word not allowed time & time again.

I'm angry, I'm upset, I'm amazed and fed up all because a very high quality simulator which I adore has broken the most basic control function and the very fact they know about it is the worst thing of all......FIX IT.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

18 months on....still not fully fixed.

Genuine question to Jorg should he ever visit here; Are you happy that your team have broken aspects of gameplay and still not fully fixed them? Are you happy that other VR regression bugs exist making the experience worse for the player than it was before certain updates? Why....why is there zero urgency to fix what you've broken?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Are there still any mouse click bug in VR nowadays ? I can't remember when was last time I had a mouse-clicking issue in that sim ? 

27 minutes ago, Daube said:

Are there still any mouse click bug in VR nowadays ? I can't remember when was last time I had a mouse-clicking issue in that sim ? 

yes the mouseover a toolbar window still stops certain functions from working (for me and others), they fixed the main controls not working (eventually many weeks after the SU7 fiasco) but have not fully fixed it to how it was pre-SU7 - therefore, still a bug.

Whats the current consensus:

HAGS on or off?

DX11 or DX12?

(I'm asking from the perspective of a Pico 4 user, if that matters)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)