Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Significant FPS improvement in DC6 available

Does this setting stick? Or do we need to make this adjustment each time we fire up MSFS? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Does this setting stick? Or do we need to make this adjustment each time we fire up MSFS? 

you need to have dev mode enable at all time to benefits from the fps gain

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Does DEV mode need to remain enabled after selecting the option? Or can we turn it off. Also, should we start with a default cessna or something, then load the DC6? How do we start a flight, exactly?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

8 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Does DEV mode need to remain enabled after selecting the option? Or can we turn it off. Also, should we start with a default cessna or something, then load the DC6? How do we start a flight, exactly?

yes. Dev mod needs to be always on

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Thanks. Well, GPS doesn't work...

Edit: And Live Weather doesn't seem to work either.

Edited by V1ROTA7E

B737 Pilot

3 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Thanks. Well, GPS doesn't work...

Edit: And Live Weather doesn't seem to work either.

Live weather does work.

----------------------------------

Just did a flight from Samos (addon airport used) to FT Athens. Live weather.

This is huge.....The DC6 was the hardest hiting FPS aircraft I own, but now at Samos in the VC ....72FPS

I took this as its the hardest hitting view FPS in the VC were the same.

So my V-Sync locked at 40 FPS now is easy for it.

Setting Ultra LOD 300/200

Flight-Simulator-y-D2-Lv8-Loly.png

Forgot how wondeful this aircraft is

Flight-Simulator-p-IEb-Fa-Zdp-W.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Why this wasn't pushed out with the regular release boggles the mind. At least 10fps higher.

Live weather works now, but I had to set everything up before enabling this setting. If i did it with dev mode on, it wouldnt work.

B737 Pilot

I fired up Fs, went to the options, enabled dev mod, started a flight with the dc6… no fps benefit for me. So i swithed to anther Dc6 within the dev menu (windows/aircraft), not better… what am i doing wrong ?

The only bug I saw was the NAV and Comm Radios were dislined on displays, did not try GPS as I dont use it on the DC6.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, webstef68 said:

I fired up Fs, went to the options, enabled dev mod, started a flight with the dc6… no fps benefit for me. So i swithed to anther Dc6 within the dev menu (windows/aircraft), not better… what am i doing wrong ?

DId you read the other steps you have to do?

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

DId you read the other steps you have to do?

No, now yes sir 😬 Will try thank you 🤓

page 1

I'm actually glad the GPS is busted. Now i can fly with needles again lol

• Like 1

B737 Pilot

I was fortunate and I never had performance issues that I noticed with the DC-6 (maybe the occasional stutter with a big scenery load or while panning fast around the aircraft), but enabled this mod anyway....just wow.  I've tuned my sim settings to be in line with my modest hardware (speculatively).....the smoothness is noticeable, regardless of FPS (I'm a 30 FPS locker myself...defy anyone to sit in front of my 52 inch 4k monitor and say it doesn't look smooth. 🙂 )

I'll now start bumping up settings to see where we are....exciting times for sure with this lovely airplane.   Just finished a very satisfying flight into a region that is heavy with custom scenery MSFS included....can anyone tell where I am? 😉

OBx2Kw.png

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg