Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Irritated, just got an MSFS update in the MS Store?

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Guys, calm down. Jeez is not worth being rude to each other

This is Avsim...edit: thanks Ray.

Edited by DylanM

16 minutes ago, DylanM said:

This is Avsim...

Nope, this is our crazy 21st century.
🎉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Nope, this is our crazy 21st century.
🎉

you know, I'm on the official forums and see folks finish a post with "kind regards" or "thank you"...fall out of my chair 

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

you know, I'm on the official forums and see folks finish a post with "kind regards" or "thank you"...fall out of my chair 

The official discord seems a pretty even-keeled place as well.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

"In mine, all the time...lol!"

Good news about the hotfix. I did three flights today in the FBW A32NX and it was awesome. The world looked absolutely great, the weather was awesome (though odd), the plane flew very well, I even flew with ATC (And made it down safely)... and all that without the hotfix! It was a great flying day and it will ONLY get better (soon) so... I am extremely happy with MSFS! 

• Like 4

I think i will try go for the beta trail. Not too concerned with having to download the sim again if required as i recently upgraded to 900mbps fibre. it will be reloaded in under an hour.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 hours ago, Car147 said:

I think i will try go for the beta trail. Not too concerned with having to download the sim again if required as i recently upgraded to 900mbps fibre. it will be reloaded in under an hour.

It seems to be really worthwhile. And with MSFS content on anything but C:\ I did not have any issues with switching builds from beta to public once the public build was posted. However afaik there is no going back from the beta build to the current public build; while the launcher can be easily replaced, the beta also installs additional content through update manager which may not be compatible with the current build

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

56 minutes ago, DAD said:

It seems to be really worthwhile. And with MSFS content on anything but C:\ I did not have any issues with switching builds from beta to public once the public build was posted. However afaik there is no going back from the beta build to the current public build; while the launcher can be easily replaced, the beta also installs additional content through update manager which may not be compatible with the current build

Thanks for the heads up @DAD

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, DAD said:

I am currently installing the MS Store version of the game. I plan to use the beta on that and when it's over, will get back to Steam.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, MrFuzzy said:

I am currently installing the MS Store version of the game. I plan to use the beta on that and when it's over, will get back to Steam.

The only problem I have with installing or reinstalling msfs is that despite me having a pretty high internet speed, their servers have recently been  annoyingly slow, meaning it takes an inordinate amount of time to download the whole Sim again...

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5