Sign in to follow this  
spilok

EA on or off in 5.3?

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

I am definitely seeing the ASCA textures,

But are you seeing the ASCA sky textures?

Or just the cloud textures?

Edited by Sparkrite

Well, I do use ASCA with EA on and volumetric clouds full left, Full Dynamic theme on ASCA, and  I do get ASCA's textures.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just checked on Hifi SIM site, which is what I should have done before this, and it appears that with EA on and Vol clouds off only the cloud textures will be in integrated/used and NOT the sky textures, which is what I suspected.

So I guess that answers that!

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep, and it works beautifully provided one sets the "volumetrics" slider all the way to the LEFT ( NIL / None / No volumetrics ). You still get the EA sky effects and that looks a lot better than without it.

In 5.2 it made for instance also the difference in displaying the stars, but 5.3 appears to have broken that 😕

I'll buy it tomorrow...appreciate the tip!

On 12/9/2021 at 11:48 PM, spilok said:

I'll buy it tomorrow...appreciate the tip!

Looking fwd for your opinion on ASCA 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, jcomm said:

Yep, and it works beautifully provided one sets the "volumetrics" slider all the way to the LEFT ( NIL / None / No volumetrics ). You still get the EA sky effects and that looks a lot better than without it.

In 5.2 it made for instance also the difference in displaying the stars, but 5.3 appears to have broken that 😕

works ok in VR with the shader mod here.  not getting the waffle iron pattern as with volumetric enabled, which is good, but clouds are not as endearing as one finds in mfs or even dcs.  good enough, i guess.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

i've tried EA on, Volumetric all the way to the left.  For whatever reason, with EA on, the sky and surrounding color is almost washed out - dull grey even with weather set to clear.   I turn EA off and I get a nice blue sky.  I'd like to use EA but something's not right in my set up.  If needed I can provide a screen shot. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

i've tried EA on, Volumetric all the way to the left.  For whatever reason, with EA on, the sky and surrounding color is almost washed out - dull grey even with weather set to clear.   I turn EA off and I get a nice blue sky.  I'd like to use EA but something's not right in my set up.  If needed I can provide a screen shot. Thoughts?

you may need to try HDR off.  They don't make it easy to turn it off when EA is on.  You have to go to your prepar3d.cfg file and change HDR=1 to HDR=0 then save it.  On my setup, HDR just looks weird. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I am currently flying with EA on as its a radical improvement from 5.2 (where I kept it on).

I'm flying with default clouds, using active sky weather engine. Do not own yet envtex, ASCA or Skyforce. Which one would you recommend for the new P3D version?

I am thinking to get envshade as well, but unaware how much of a benefit it gives as EA looks good now. So any insight would be helpful. 

Sky force makes the best clouds but asca has better performance. In my opinion. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Sky force makes the best clouds but asca has better performance. In my opinion. 

Do you possibly have any screenshots, or a link to a resource, where it can be seen how it looks like with EA on?

I read on the product page that ASCA is only partially compatible with 5.3 with EA. 

I don’t. With ea on and volumetric clouds off. Asca will generate clouds. However asca will not change sky color with ea on. 

18 hours ago, micstatic said:

you may need to try HDR off.  They don't make it easy to turn it off when EA is on.  You have to go to your prepar3d.cfg file and change HDR=1 to HDR=0 then save it.  On my setup, HDR just looks weird. 

Great tip.  I am much happier with EA after shutting down HDR.

Stan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Great tip.  I am much happier with EA after shutting down HDR.

And don't forget to edit the cfg file each and every time you turn EA off/on in the sim to keep HDR off.

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Upvote 1