Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

20 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

So this is pretty much a situation where we just have to make due for now? As i say the sim runs great other than approach only. Its a shame many are experiencing this.

At this point LM are aware that this is a bug in v5.3, as reported by many other users in across multiple threads. 

I don't know if they have identified the cause and if a fix will be released soon as part of a HF. Their interaction with users in their own forum is minimal at best, with most valid bug report threads being flooded with posts from the same two idiots telling everyone to nuke their systems of any add-ons etc.

Fact is if you now approach EDDF (Aerosoft) in v5.3, the sim freezes between 30 seconds and 1 minute (depending on your system specs).

For whatever the sloped apron/taxiway/runway data (included in the AFCAD) is now taking a very long time to load inflight in v5.3 (as the AFCAD is loaded approximately 15NM from the airport).

This occurs at any airport with sloped data in the AFCAD and was never a problem prior to v5.3 

Overall the performance in v5.3 is better than ever before (when its not suddenly in the single FPS) however there is undoubtedly something broken in this new client. When this drastic FPS drop occurs the GPU load spikes from 0% and 100% between frames, as does the MainThreadScheduler= core.

This is a bug in the v5.3 client as sloped AFCAD data, traffic files etc. are all scenery related and are all performing very poorly in v5.3. 

Edited by PinkPony

12 hours ago, PinkPony said:

All I know for certain is that LM are aware of the fact that this is a bug in v5.3. No idea if they have a fix in the work or not, their communication is abysmal at best, and most threads are flooded with posts the same two idiots telling everyone to just nuke their system of any add-ons.

Wow after reading that thread i am not experiencing as bad as most. Definitely no long pauses etc with single digits. Im currently trying another flight into kiah we will see what happens on approach. I do not lile going over to that forum because that martyson floods the forums with absolutely nothing helpful to contribute and i got tired of reading the same junk over and over.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

3 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

Wow after reading that thread i am not experiencing as bad as most. Definitely no long pauses etc with single digits. Im currently trying another flight into kiah we will see what happens on approach

Same for me, I only have minor stutters compared to the video above, but it's definitely noticeable.

42 minutes ago, PinkPony said:

And a video (not mine) of what this bug looks like when it suddenly occurs 

That is terrible, and with those system specs he should really be able to run much better visuals…the autogen draw distance is practically within reach. My gut says there’s a system setup issue affecting that particular user, especially when you guys are saying you don’t have it that bad.

I read the LM thread, still don’t see where it’s acknowledged it’s a formal bug.  ‘ looking into’ yes, but that’s not the same.  Happy to try to reproduce your issues in my rig if you care to PM me any particular settings, addons or locations/times when it seems to occur for you….?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

50 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Happy to try to reproduce your issues in my rig if you care to PM me any particular settings, addons or locations/times when it seems to occur for you….?

If you could try a medium haul flight in the PMDG 747 or FSLabs A320 of at least 3 hours and make sure there is some weather with clouds / mist and/or at dawn / dusk and please report back if you have any stutters at all during the flight and how severe they are.

Edited by simfan1983

16 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

If you could try a medium haul flight in the PMDG 747 or FSLabs A320 of at least 3 hours and make sure there is some weather with clouds / mist and/or at dawn / dusk and please report back if you have any stutters at all during the flight and how severe they are.

Don’t have either of those a/c I’m afraid, but will give the NGXu a run next week when I’m back home and not working.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Don’t have either of those a/c I’m afraid, but will give the NGXu a run next week when I’m back home and not working.

Thank you Kevin. The problem with this bug is that it only appears on during certain sessions. You can fly the same city pair, add-ons etc. and some will result in the massive FPS loss with otherwise identical sessions being problem free. Its absolutely bizzare and precisely why I believe it is related to the client.

Never experienced anything like this in v5.0 -> v5.2HF1

I had the extremely long stutter, like in that video. It was pretty much impossible to recover and ended up having to close the sim mid flight.

Sadly there's a lot of bugs not acknowledged by LM yet, such as these random stutters from nowhere, white flashing dots on the runways, and the bad anti-aliasing issue. 

14 minutes ago, PinkPony said:

Thank you Kevin. The problem with this bug is that it only appears on during certain sessions. You can fly the same city pair, add-ons etc. and some will result in the massive FPS loss with otherwise identical sessions being problem free. Its absolutely bizzare and precisely why I believe it is related to the client.

Never experienced anything like this in v5.0 -> v5.2HF1

One thing is for certain, something causes the observed behaviour in each case, it’s just that no one has managed to pin it down and identify exactly what.  In my experience, most stutters are caused by inadequate hardware, sub-optimal setup, or a combination of the two.

The challenge is twofold here, in that there appears to be no consistency observed in this phenomena, and all the reports are poorly evidenced by different people, running different systems, with different addons.  It’s not even clear that everyone is actually experiencing the same problem, albeit they may believe they are.

If there is an underlying P3D issue, it may take some time to identify.

EDIT: I’ve had issues with periodic long pauses and oscillating GPU use/fps in v5.x before, which was resolved by simply deleting prepar3d.cfg and letting the sim rebuild it.  Just because everything isn’t always smooth sailing, doesn’t mean the ship is the problem!

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

Hi,

I am also experiencing the stutters shown in the video ...it is really strange. sometimes appearing even during preflight, sometimes nothing most of the times between 1 and 2 hrs of flight. only ay to get rid of it is to restart the sim.

Tried different airports, different planes always the same.

What amazes me is that the first 2 or 3 flights were just perfect in 5.3, now this issue all the time.

I tried to change the CPU affinity mask as some suggested elsewhere but no success.

• Like 1

so last night I had a flight in 5.3.  Cancun.  Set up my PMDG 737 at the gate.  Smooth locked 30 frames as normal.  Pushed back.  Started the engines.  About 5 seconds into my taxi my fps tanked.  between 2 and 11FPS.  Unusable.  I thought it would pass.  Even tookoff (which was very challenging with that low of fps).  But the problem never resolved.  Rebooted and simulated the flight exactly the same and had no issues whatsoever.  I've done about 15 flights in 5.3.  This was the first and only time I've seen this.  Not sure what to make of it.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

so last night I had a flight in 5.3.  Cancun.  Set up my PMDG 737 at the gate.  Smooth locked 30 frames as normal.  Pushed back.  Started the engines.  About 5 seconds into my taxi my fps tanked.  between 2 and 11FPS.  Unusable.  I thought it would pass.  Even tookoff (which was very challenging with that low of fps).  But the problem never resolved.  Rebooted and simulated the flight exactly the same and had no issues whatsoever.  I've done about 15 flights in 5.3.  This was the first and only time I've seen this.  Not sure what to make of it.  

It's clearly a bug IMO. I'm currently watching Edwardthepilot's stream on Twitch - he just had the same issues and has streamed 100s of hours with a very strong system (3090 etc) and knowledge of P3D setup - seems to only happen for him in the FSLabs Sharklets and is quite random. Blackbox711 has issues yesterday in the PMDG 747. Other streamers also had issues.

You can alleviate the issues with Process Lasso and HT / Affinity ask settings but it is quite clearly a bug IMO. People saying it is down to addons or setup (not directed at you) are just plain wrong. There are now dozens of reports here on Avsim and on LM's forum.

• Like 1

People saying it is down to addons or setup (not directed at you) are just plain wrong.

Until someone can identify and evidence a reproducible problem, we have to keep our minds open to all options.  It doesn’t happen consistently is the problem, and until there is solid evidence one way or the other, assuming the existence or otherwise of any bug is premature.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

Until someone can identify and evidence a reproducible problem, we have to keep our minds open to all options.  It doesn’t happen consistently is the problem, and until there is solid evidence one way or the other, assuming the existence or otherwise of any bug is premature.

A fault doesn't have to present consistently for it still to be a fault. Just because you don't experience it doesn't mean it isn't a fault. The symptoms are clear and reproducible for many - but you need to fly complex addons. Please stop with the addons and setup stuff, it's getting quite frustrating. It wasn't there in 5.2, dozens of people have the same symptoms. I have a clean Windows install have tried various possible solutions, I have thousands of hours in P3D, I have watched multiple people experience the same, seen the videos. How much evidence do you require?

• Upvote 2

How much evidence do you require?

Me, nothing.  Remember I'm not saying it isn't a bug...I'm just maintaining an open mind until it's clearly demonstrated what causes the issue, or LM formally accept that P3D is the root cause.

LM, somewhat more I suspect.

Despite your protestations, I haven't seen anyone demonstrate a reproducible set of circumstances for this.  I don't dispute that people appear to be having problems, but the causation isn't yet clear.  Happy to withdraw that as and when there is sufficient weight of evidence to conclude otherwise.

No, I haven't experienced the issue, as stated before I'm happy to try out some potential circumstances to establish what the cause is ( or isnt).

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png