Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Need your Prepar3d.cfg also ... I might have time to give it a go.

Cheers, rob.

dropped in the folder Rob

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

MCO may be bad to use since that is a known issue already where users have had to replace a file.  right?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm assuming KMCO V2 from T2G (which is listed as P3D V5 compliant)? 

I currently don't have it installed but will soon.  But agree, prior versions of KMCO do NOT work in P3D V5.

What other add-ons are installed?  Orbx? Something else?  ChasePlane? etc.

Cheers, Rob.

Latest v2 KMCO T2G, Chaseplane , ORBX LC only.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Even Andrew Wilson /FSL has gone back to 5.2HF1.

Wish i had kept the installer.

Michael Moe

Have you tried disabling Road Traffic completely (sorry if this is mentioned before...I did not read the whole thread and all of its messages).

But Road Traffic has a big unwanted FPS hit in V5.3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I tried a flight using your location and add-ons but was not able to replicate the issue.  I tried all kinds of changes including ASP3D historical weather changes between ARHIP and PRICY taking off from KMCO.  I increased my graphics settings also to see if I could trigger anything as your setting were lower.

Some of your Prepar3d.cfg settings I questioned:

Mipmap_Vc_panels=0 ??

LegacyLandingLight=1 ??

SwapChainAllowTearing=0 ??

Quicktips=1 ??

AdvancedMouseControls=False ?? what is this?

SOUND_WITH_SLEW=1  ??

I did notice you have two displays:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.0.0]
Mode=3840x2160x32
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.0.1]
Mode=1024x1280x32

I'm currently only running a single 4K display ... might be worth trying to find out if all those having this issue are using more than one monitor?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob , thanks , This P3D.cfg is actually a standard rebuild. So no manually tricks.

I use a VR-CDU II sometimes for the NGXU but do not suspect this one.

Controls The mouse is me disabling it in the menu so no zoom in vc.

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Could it be Navigraph issue? Heard that before if i recall correctly.

I am on latest 1221 version.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I was running latest Navigraph update also during my test.

HotFix is due very soon so you may want to wait and try again.

Those settings you have in your Prepar3d.cig just seem unusual to me … might want to set those 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 and see if that makes any difference.

At the point you get really bad FPS, how is your VRAM usage?

Cheers, Rob

It starts with a up to 10 seconds totally freeze (VRAM is about 6-7GB) and then its just unflyable from there . The GPU also goes from 0-50-0% like a sinus curve over time.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

nVidia High Defnition Audio and nVidia Virtual Audio Device caused issues that trigger something very similar:

That's interesting, I haven't yet experienced the same problem as others and I DONT have those installed... May be a coincidence, but worth checking for any consistency with other reports.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

That does sound like a GPU issue or more likely a driver issue.  I seem to recall (specific to the FSLab bus) an issue a year or two ago where the nVidia High Defnition Audio and nVidia Virtual Audio Device caused issues that trigger something very similar:

spacer.png 

I assume you've tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg and have it get regenerated with defaults and tested with defaults?

And finally, I know P3D will often freeze for a few seconds if a USB device disconnects.  If you have a USB device that is cycling it's connection state (be it a power state or something else) that could trigger this issue.  Is it possible you can test with just a very limited USB device connections just keyboard and mouse ... can be difficult to fly but can be done for the purpose of testing.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks will try that as i recall installed the HD audio as well.

Yes i have testet with a default P3D.cfg as well and can reproduce the freeze 4,5nm prior to ARHIP so its not a USB thing.

Thanks Rob

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Rob,

This is not a driver issue and definitely not a USB issue. You cant really believe that three dozen users are suddenly experiencing USB related freezes, which coincidentally also only began after the release of v5.3?

I have tested dozens of combinations, including multiple nvidia drivers (always removed via DDU). Following all the standard steps between client installs, including deleting the P3D.cfg, shaders etc. Single monitor, dual monitor etc etc.

The only variable which completely prevents the sudden FPS drop/freezing is using a client other than v5.3. The moment I go back to a prior client version it simply cannot be reproduced anymore. Before v5.3 absolutely stable (never even experienced a DXGI and my average flights are 8+ hours with study level aircraft, add-on airports, ASP3D etc). 

If you truly want to replicate this in v5.3 fly two EDDF (Frankfurt) - LSZH (Zurich) round trips. It’s only 30 minutes each way which is why I recommend it. Or any city pair of your choosing. 

It has been my go-to city pair due to the short trip time each way and allowed me to consistently replicate this bug while testing and eliminating various add-ons as potential culprits (PMDG, FSLabs, Leonardo, GSX, Navigraph Simlink, ASP3D, OrbX Global).

Restart the sim between each flight. This is very important as I have flown multiple 16+ hour long-haul flights in v5.3 without experiencing the bug followed by shorter flights where it occurred 90% of the time (or vice-versa) 

Take a FSLabs on the first round trip and any PMDG on the second (or another study level aircraft with a proper autopilot so you can engage the AP right after takeoff and leave it on as long as possible to monitor GPU/CPU while in cruise). I confident you will encounter the sudden FPS drop/freeze on at least one of these four flights and be very surprised by what the CPU/GPU performance is showing as this occurs.

Something to also consider. One of the first users to report this was a experienced FSLabs developer and this right after release of v5.3. He has since rolled back to v5.2HF1 and not experienced a single FPS drop/freeze. 

We can all agree this is hardly someone who is going to be suffering from the same repeated bug in v5.3 due to a bad driver, old P3D.cfg or anything a inexperienced P3D user would be stumbling on. 

Many users with different CPU/GPU, system configurations, add-ons describing the same exact problem here and on the P3D forum.

Considering all the performance related changes (largely positive) that took place under the hood with v5.3 it really shouldn’t be difficult to accept that the most likely culprit is the client itself.

No coincidence that both the MainThreadScheduler and GPU begin to spike between 0-100% while the FPS drop/freeze occurs. 

Sometimes it recovers after a few seconds (or even minutes) and performance returns to normal, more often than not the FPS drop/freeze is permanent and the sim needs to be restarted. 

Again, lots of performance changes in v5.3 related to core assignments, threading etc. Overall positive, but again more than likely that a bug was introduced here.

I have mentioned it before and I’ll mention it again. AFCAD slope data causes v5.3 to freeze for 30-60 seconds when it is loaded (depending on system specs).

Obviously not something LM intended would happen in v5.3, especially considering all the advertised talk about sloped runways etc. Yet without a doubt something LM accidentally broke in v5.3

Simple AFCAD elevation data causing  v5.3 to freeze competently and therefore easy to imagine other unintended bugs being introduced. 

It is a fact that nobody is reporting the sudden FPS drop/freeze after going back to the v5.2HF1 or v5.1HF1 clients says it all.

I have switched between the last three clients, three dozen times over the past two weeks and have not been able to reproduce a since FPS drop/freeze in anything but v5.3

If the HF is out this week already, I sure hope LM has found a solution already.

For once I have found myself being forced to entirely skip a P3D client with v5.3. Very frustrating as it performs so well and better than every (when it doesn’t suddenly tank the FPS or freeze for good).

Edited by PinkPony
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PinkPony said:

This is not a driver issue.

Even if you’re likely to be right, Rob is following a scientific test and eliminate approach. I’m an investigator by trade, it’s worth remembering Arthur Conan Doyle’s words… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.  
Any potential correlation is worth exploring in these circumstances, even if only to eliminate it from our enquiries 😉

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, PinkPony said:

Considering all the performance related changes (largely positive) that took place under the hood with v5.3 it really shouldn’t be difficult to accept that the most likely culprit is the client itself.

No coincidence that both the MainThreadScheduler and GPU begin to spike between 0-100% while the FPS drop/freeze occurs. 

Sometimes it recovers after a few seconds (or even minutes) and performance returns to normal, more often than not the FPS drop/freeze is permanent and the sim needs to be restarted. 

One thing that just struck me, if it’s not been covered already…

LM did make changes to road traffic (ie all roads option as well as freeways), and have confirmed there was a bug regarding road traffic not respecting exclusions in some way.

is there any commonality in terms of road traffic settings where these issues are experienced? Wondering if P3D is doing some weird scanning and loading of road traffic vectors which it didn’t do before in 5.2, to be able to display them, which may account for some seeing this and others not, depending at least in part on those settings combined with the scenery in play?

xaP1VAU.png

I only had this happen one time at this point.  And I'm hoping it's just some anomaly that will not happen again.  But when it happened for me road traffic was turned completely off if that happens.  I was at cancun. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next