Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

What is the best experience : FBWA32NX vs CRJ

9 hours ago, DAD said:

I crashed already multiple times with the CRJ  due to overspeed because I was working on a call/meeting and forgot to adjust the throttle. Never happened with the FBW…

Lol! I bet it is way more entertaining than boring zoom meetings 😜

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Excellent post cavaricooper!

I could not have said it better myself for the aforementioned FBW mod. I absolutely love this mod, and the a32nx is pretty much the only bird I fly. It is akin the the zibomod 737 in XP11, which I also loved, but alas -even with MSFS' growing pains, I have veered away from XP11. It will be interesting what XP12 will have in store upon its release, but at this point, being able to have actual maps, be it bing, or "otherwise" will be a tough act to follow by any other sim.

Since the release of MSFS 2020, I remember how disappointed I was, when there was no 737 to be had. The Bredok 737 which came later- let's face it. Its bad.

So I started familiarizing myself with the Asobo A320, and in almost no time at all, FBW went to work on it, and this is what we have today! FBW have done a remarkable job with this bird, and it takes my breath away, every single time at cruising altitude. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Like the lack of Vnav?

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they meant bugs, not features that take a lot of time to develop.

We prefer to work on things for a while and bring some quality stuff rather than have the most features out. A lot of people forget the level of consideration and detail that has to go into those things, and that it's not "just fix it" or "just add it". The upcoming LNAV update (which fixes a large number of issues) has been possible due to about a year of research into the IRL software design and behaviour, including specific quirks of the specific FMS we base our off of. This time has given us resources and tools we can now use to replicate details like this to a really high level of accuracy - and now the work going on is actually writing the code and bugfixing it 🙂

I think it's pretty great all this stuff is provided for free while the same level of care would have required payment a year ago - but I'm biased, of course. Keep in mind you are using an open alpha aircraft.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

I fly both and I think they are both excellent.  I would give the edge to the FBW because they are actually working on it daily and improving all the time.  If you really want to improve the FBW experience try adding the FS2Crew addon, with voice control.  Absolutely fantastic combo. Further adding FS2Crew pushback express with voice is the icing in top.  Full immersion.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think you just need to try it. For me the CRJ was a very smooth experience, where every time i have tried the FBW something related to my sim broke. The last time i tried it escape would not exit the flight. The time before that it was a CTD fest. I am sure i will give it another go at some point.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

23 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I think you just need to try it. 

I agree and with the auto installer and updater it could not be easier to use the FBW.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

CRJ is not a bad little plane , I enjoy it. FBW is excellent for being freeware. The one I want more then anything is the MD80 mad dog!! cant wait for that 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Honestly, along with the FBW and the WT CJ4 MOD, these keep more than happy and both are  F  R  E  E  !!!!