Sign in to follow this  
Mike44

no sound after update

which update? I recently had a sound mixer update in WIN11 and it reset my output driver/channel/whatever to a PC device which is not connected with my speakers, resulting also in no sound

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, Mike44 said:

After update I've no more sound! What to do?

Many thanks

Do you also go to your doctor and tell him: I am sick, what do I do? We need more information here...

• Like 4

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm hoping this is an MSFS update that simply caused the in-sim audio to stop working.  If so, I don't really have any advice, but I had a situation a few months back where a scheduled Windows update caused me to lose sound (the audio drivers were there, but Windows couldn't access them anymore).  I went back and forth for several days with techs at Microsoft support, and finally got told that, since not of the standard fixes had worked for me, I had no choice but to do a clean install of Windows and then reinstall all my apps and files (which I had fortunately backed up elsewhere than on my system drive).  Needless to say, things started working after that, but it was a massive pain.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

23 hours ago, Mike44 said:

What to do?

You should first of all be a bit more specific about your problem. Answer the questions that people wanting to help you have asked above - otherwise, don't expect any help ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I have that from time to time, not related not any update. To get the sound back I unplug and replug the headset USB cable. The sound is back with a temporary freeze  (10 seconds) of the game...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam