Sign in to follow this  
RAMMSTEIN1977

V5.3 VRAM Problem.... Again

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Are you running @ 1080p resolution?

1920x1080, so yes, 1080p

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I only asked because I run P3Dv4.5 @ 1080p resolution with a 6GB GTX 980Ti

I have a 2060 and run 5.3 at 1080p resolution.

I think there is some increase of VRAM in 5.3 HF1.

Just tried to depart in EDDM (simwings) with same settings which I used in 5.2 and got an out of memory warning 🙂

Whatever, I will reduce my Texture Size to 1024 until my new graphic card will arrive....

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Lower your textures to 1024 and you will have no more VRAM problems. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

Are there big differences between middle and high?

I use medium textures and don’t really notice much of a difference. YMMV, though.

LatinVFR KMIA with the PMDG737NGXu eats 8.1 Gb VRAM in Ultra and 7.3 in Very HIgh.

Seems better with v5.3HF1 as I used to get Out of VRAM with earlier versions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

LatinVFR KMIA with the PMDG737NGXu eats 8.1 Gb VRAM in Ultra and 7.3 in Very HIgh.

Seems better with v5.3HF1 as I used to get Out of VRAM with earlier versions.

Interesting. With my PMDG 744, I get High textures 6.4/7.1 and originally when first loaded Ultra gave 6.8/7.1, but when changed "live" as a comparison it was too much and crashed 7.1/7.1.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

15 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Interesting. With my PMDG 744, I get High textures 6.4/7.1 and originally when first loaded Ultra gave 6.8/7.1, but when changed "live" as a comparison it was too much and crashed 7.1/7.1.

Perhaps the aircraft was a factor. Try a Cub and I’m sure it’ll be fine even on Ultra. And you still had 900Mb free so it shouldn’t have crashed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Perhaps the aircraft was a factor. Try a Cub and I’m sure it’ll be fine even on Ultra. And you still had 900Mb free so it shouldn’t have crashed.

It was actually fine with the 747. Only trying to change while "active" (which it does not like) did it crash.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 minute ago, IanHarrison said:

It was actually fine with the 747. Only trying to change while "active" (which it does not like) did it crash.

Even changing to a different livery with PMDG 737 causes issues.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

V5.3 HF2

Looking for VRAM settings tweaks due to a flight, JF C-46, Orbx Edinburgh to Orbx Leeds Bradford.

6 GB VRAM card, 5.2 available.

Got out of Edinburgh on 4.2 GB but into LB  hit 5.2 & CTD, about 2 miles out.

Of the various VRAM tweaks in this thread, which would you start with?

T45

• Like 1

Just now, Treetops45 said:

V5.3 HF2

Looking for VRAM settings tweaks due to a flight, JF C-46, Orbx Edinburgh to Orbx Leeds Bradford.

6 GB VRAM card, 5.2 available.

Got out of Edinburgh on 4.2 GB but into LB  hit 5.2 & CTD, about 2 miles out.

Of the various VRAM tweaks in this thread, which would you start with?

T45

Texture Resolution is the biggest factor. LOD radius and EA with vol. clouds can also hit pretty hard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Texture Resolution is the biggest factor. LOD radius and EA with vol. clouds can also hit pretty hard. 

Thanks for that.

I tested Leeds Bradford again loading with a GA aircraft, same settings as yesterday = CTD on load, VRAM hit 5.2.

I them made 3 changes:

Texture Resolution from High [2048 x 2048], down to Medium, [1024 x 1024]

LOD Radius from Ultra to Medium

Volumetric Clouds off.

Reloaded LB with the JF C-46 & VRAM dropped to 3.2 on load up & stayed there.

I can see the difference in ground textures, but it is acceptable.

I will refine the 3 changes to see what visual improvement I can get back, but what you outlined does work. & I can now get in & out of Leeds Bradford.

T45

Footnote - Testing the 3 tweaks, I found that just turning Volumetric Clouds from Low to Off was worth 0.5GB, enough to make LB work.

Edited by Treetops45