Sign in to follow this  
sem

Skysimulations MD-11

Finished up a new texture basis for this bird, so brought her out to Liege

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

i think its BDOA ELBG, in anyhow i put pbr on the surfaces because i like the airport and fly out of it quite a few. About the aircraft; i redid all of the metallic textures for a better look, added a ''tincanning'' effect to the front section, even though it doesnt realy have the round type tin-canning from boeing planes but a more square something, also redid some paint parts of the paintkit resulting in this beautifull white (and dirty) WGA livery, i have a bunch more liveries on the old paint-kit which i will be transfering when im done.. may'be ill upload it all to avsim, who knows.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Very fine, love the MD-11!

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Excellent job!!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Which sim?. P3D?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 12/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, The Goose said:

Great pictures.

Btw. is this bird worth to buy?

if you own ISG, then yes i would advise on it, its a fun aircraft to fly but a bit steep on the price, the pbr now is a bit outdated comprared to the rest of the aircraft on the market, especially with inibuilds and all their livery/base textures packages, but i love the MD-11.

about isg, they have a great profile for the md-11, ads an fmc with more functions then only being able to see the waypoints, adds vnav, corrected md-11 displays and offcourse a functional fmc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

2014 called... they want their plane back.

did a klm livery based of some reference images i had laying around

unknown.png

a  nice closeup of the livery, even has some window-paint tearing

• Like 2

Beautiful shots and paint!  KLM is one of my favs...and usually the 1st I'll livery on a new model. (unless LH flies that model hehe, then its the 2nd) 🙂  Not a big fan of the new livery...the one you display is my fav.   I'm fortunate enough to live near KDFW and occasionally see MD-11s (and MD-10s) fly overhead. painting in UPS or FedEx.

I'd imagine you have her in LH Cargo paint? 🙂 Loved some of the Air Clips vids on this bird.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 12/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, Steve Dra said:

Beautiful shots and paint!  KLM is one of my favs...and usually the 1st I'll livery on a new model. (unless LH flies that model hehe, then its the 2nd) 🙂  Not a big fan of the new livery...the one you display is my fav.   I'm fortunate enough to live near KDFW and occasionally see MD-11s (and MD-10s) fly overhead. painting in UPS or FedEx.

I'd imagine you have her in LH Cargo paint? 🙂 Loved some of the Air Clips vids on this bird.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I really do love this thing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sem said:

I really do love this thing 

Nice!   I'm really an old LH livery fan....not so much the new one...but its a great paint regardless!  Like Martinair too....painted that on the iFly 747-400 BCF.  Both nice birds to haul cargo in. 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Marvelous and painstaking bits of work,...sem....!!

I've flown on MD-11 of KLM once...also once probably on LH MD-11 before they retired them (or maybe converted to Freighters) ....

Loved the LH Farewell MD-11F shot...!

I might get the Sky Simulations MD-11...I might ask you about the ISG adaptation for it... (PMDG MD-11 still works well on my FSX/SE, but is so dated...still I like and fly that SIM often...because of this plane...)