Sign in to follow this  
sandman282828

Kodiak CTD

9 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I will wait one or two patches befor I buy this aircraft.

It works just fine as released... what exactly are you waiting for?

• Like 2

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Agree - Bought it on release.  Absolutely brilliant, no issues and flies well as long as you follow the POH.

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

All aircraft I own have gotten significantly better after one or more patches, and this thread and others clearly shows that there are some issues with the aircraft in its current state that are likely to be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

All aircraft I own have gotten significantly better after one or more patches, and this thread and others clearly shows that there are some issues with the aircraft in its current state that are likely to be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Actually there are no issues at all. I had one CTD but I was using VR and DX12. Reverting to DX11 fixed it all. It's a great aeroplane and well worth the 30 Euro.

• Like 1

I bought it at launch and can report i have had no issues at all. I just followed the guidence that comes with the Kodiak. I am on the Beta version of MSFS, so i don't know whether that has any implications.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Those of you experiencing CTD's in the Kodiak and are not having video card related driver crashes may want to give this a shot: 

I was experiencing CTD's in the Kodiak from the get go and tried every suggestion related to Community Folder content, video card drivers, DX11, and flight controls. My experience from CTD's was random at best but most usually happened lining up on the runway or upon rotation off the runway. Sometimes they happened sooner. Out of the dozen or so flights I attempted my longest was about 10 minutes before a CTD. I was pretty much at my wits end and was getting very frustrated. Let me just re-iterate that I had tried every available suggestion for solving this. 

As a last ditch, "hail Mary", pass I tried one thing: Removing my systems audio drivers.

At the time of my CTD's I was running Realtek Audio drivers that included Sound Studio 3 (the exact version I'm not sure of). I never had any issue with them up until this point. After uninstalling the drivers and a reboot of Windows I was now on Windows 10 audio drivers. 

So I began my test. With only the Kodiak in the Community Folder, and using keyboard and mouse flight controls I took off from PHNL heading for PHTO. With the timer running on the G1000 I waited. 45 minutes in I plugged in my Thrustmaster TCA sidestick and TPR rudder pedals. I landed in PHTO 30 minutes later. No CTD's. 

One flight under the Windows audio drivers wasn't enough for me. This morning I did a second flight from KAVX to KSBA. This time I used my usual hardware, and added my scenery back in to the Community Folder. Again another flawless flight. 

I wasn't about to confirm conclusions, without proper testing. To do this I reinstalled the Realtek Audio drivers. This time using the most recent version (6.0.9224.1) for my board directly from the Asus support site. I loaded the sim back up, got everything with the Kodiak going, and took off. 50 feet off the runway and we CTD. I reverted back to Windows audio drivers and completed a third flight without the sim even twitching. In fact I am seeing slightly better performance in the Kodiak in the Windows drivers. 

So, in my circumstance, there seems to be a conflict between something in the Kodiak, and, Realtek Audio drivers using Sound Studio 3. Sound Studio 3 installs with the Realtek drivers and it's an effect/equalizer program for your audio. I never used it as I had no interest in it. 

In conclusion if you are still having CTD issues in the Kodiak and, like me, have tried everything with no success, try the Windows audio drivers. Worst case scenario you can always go back. This worked perfectly for me but your nautical mileage may vary. 

These are my core system specs if you are curious: 

Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490, Intel i9 10900K, MSI Ventus RTX 3080Ti running @ 3440x1440p, 64GB GSkill TridentZ 3600 MHz. Runs on stock turbo clocks no forced overclocking. 

Nick Preston

I'm finally up and Running, the Kodiak is beautiful, what a pleasure to fly.

Finally after 3 days of dodgy downloads, i finally got a great download, and with the support of the SWS team, I'm all GO.

Switched to DX11 was also recommended, not had a CTD in three flights.

Alaska and PNG here I come.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ixoye said:

this thread and others clearly shows that there are some issues with the aircraft in its current state that are likely to be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Funny, I have not seen a "Kodiak bugs list" appear on this forum.. 🤫

The system readouts on the NXi could use some fine tuning, but that is not enough to ruin the experience for me..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Just wanted to say Thank You very much for this tread.  I've never had CTDs running MSFS.  I installed the Kodiak.  First flight went great!  No issues.  2nd flight onwards I started to have random CTDs; sometimes in flight and others before the sim loaded a flight.  Frustrating.  I found this thread.  I found a Realtek sound driver on my computer.  I'm not using it.  I went to device manager, found the driver, and "disabled" it.  Following I rebooted and loaded a flight (about 30 min) with Pilotedge ATC.  No issues (CTD).

There's still a strange issue.  At some points in flight there a "clicking" that happens over the audio.  Sometimes it doesn't affect the sim.  Other times there's a slight hiccup or hesitation.  It still happened on my last fight but less frequently than before disabling the Realtek sound driver.

Again, thanks for the posts above!!!

BTW:  I really like the Kodiak.  It's fun to hand fly.  I've learned to pay attention on takeoff (especially if you're fully loaded).  As pointed out above fly the plane by the number as described in the manual and it works just as it should (rotate 60 knots and take off 79 knots).  The Kodiak requires liberal use of right rudder in all phases of flight (including taxi ... low ground idle seems to help).  I've found that rotating / lifting off too quickly (airspeed too low) and the p-factor (high power setting and low air speed) along with insufficient rudder can cause significant issues at takeoff (uncontrollable bank and unable to climb).  I also like the Garmin 1000 nxi.  I've had fun utilizing G1000 visual guidance even on non-precision visual approaches.  I've found the Kodiak more enjoyable to hand fly than a bunch of other airplanes.  It trims out better in cruise and is more manageable than most in climbs and descents.   It takes an active yoke on approach and landing for a greaser.  For now it's my go to MSFS ride!  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, flyboy114 said:

At some points in flight there a "clicking" that happens over the audio.

Sure that's not the trim wheel?

Fizzelle.  Thanks for reply.  It’s a different sound.  Almost like static.  There’s a noticeable slight hesitation in the sim when it happens.  I can report since deleting the sound driver above it’s happening less, and, I’ve had no CTDs since removal of the Realtek sound driver. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flyboy114 said:

Fizzelle.  Thanks for reply.  It’s a different sound.  Almost like static.  There’s a noticeable slight hesitation in the sim when it happens.  I can report since deleting the sound driver above it’s happening less, and, I’ve had no CTDs since removal of the Realtek sound driver. 

If you have other audio devices such as the audio part of the Nvidia driver set, or a monitor driver you don't use, try disabling those too (with the Nvidia I choose not to install that part, just the basic driver and no Geforce software). I have a Realtek sound driver running just on its own with the basic default settings and have no problem with it.

The Kodiak has no bugs at all, I have about 30 hours already in this aircraft, and zero problems, and it flies great. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310