Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Stuttering

Hi there,

In the P3D.cfg there is a new section added with 5.3, However when it is there i seem to have horrible stuttering when airborne ( FSLabs )

The entry is: [JOBSCHEDULER]
P3DCoreAffinityMask=xxxx
MainThreadScheduler=x
RenderThreadScheduler=x
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=x

I don't get any of these issues if i move this section. I assume its been added to help with things. Does anyone have any idea why i get the stuttering when its in the cfg file.

9 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi there,

In the P3D.cfg there is a new section added with 5.3, However when it is there i seem to have horrible stuttering when airborne ( FSLabs )

P3DCoreAffinityMask=xxxx
MainThreadScheduler=x
RenderThreadScheduler=x

I don't get any of these issues if i move this section. I assume its been added to help with things. Does anyone have any idea why i get the stuttering when its in the cfg file.

Try going into the FSLabs\A320\Data folder in your V5 add-ons folder, delete the UMPolicy file, and start up P3D. FSL should prompt if you want to optimize CPU settings. Maybe it just needs to "resync" with the job scheduler in the CFG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mejjo said:

Hi there,

P3DCoreAffinityMask=xxxx
MainThreadScheduler=x
RenderThreadScheduler=x

Nothing you can do, up to LM to fix this massive bug in their code. See the below two threads.

5.2 perfect, 5.3 long pausing and stuttering is unflyable - Page 11 - Prepar3D Forums

Stuttering + Freezing Still Occurring - Prepar3D Forums

Eric 

I can't say I have an issue with stuttering or freezing. For most part 95% FPS is way higher than before with HF1. But then in some cases they just drop...but nothing serious. This time I left by default. So far so good.

Alex 

6 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Does anyone have any idea why i get the stuttering when its in the cfg file.

Probably not your issue but I had stuttering when I ran in windowed mode but not full screen which is actually borderless windowed. The solution I found with Ray's help was to disable Triple Buffering. Just a shot in the dark if you happen to be using Vsync and Triple Buffering.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Just got this behaviour on a default airport with a default plane.

I just let the plane stand there for about 30-40min without any input and the FPS "jumps" starts :(

I hope they can find the reason for this.I should have stayed at 5.2 a bit longer but I thought with HF1 they sorted such things out.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

4 hours ago, Flyinggok said:

Just got this behaviour on a default airport with a default plane.

I just let the plane stand there for about 30-40min without any input and the FPS "jumps" starts 😞

I hope they can find the reason for this.I should have stayed at 5.2 a bit longer but I thought with HF1 they sorted such things out.

Very interesting Bernd, that's the first report I have seen personally of an all default scenario causing the issue.  What other add-ons were active despite being a default AC/Default airport?  

Cheers

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi all,

I don't know about anybody else but i completely removed the above entry in the cfg and the stutters i was getting seem to of gone.

I can only speak for my experience in the FSLabs at the moment as this is the only aircraft i have flown since 5.3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi all,

I don't know about anybody else but i completely removed the above entry in the cfg and the stutters i was getting seem to of gone.

I can only speak for my experience in the FSLabs at the moment as this is the only aircraft i have flown since 5.3.

Hi Michael,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think when you delete those entries completely they will be added again when P3D is started afterwards.

They would revert to the default values for your CPU of course.

Marc Weber

5 minutes ago, Mischung said:

Hi Michael,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think when you delete those entries completely they will be added again when P3D is started afterwards.

They would revert to the default values for your CPU of course.

Hey,

I have just opened up my cfg file and they don't seem to of come back since launching P3D.

Interesting..

20 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hi there,

P3DCoreAffinityMask=xxxx
MainThreadScheduler=x
RenderThreadScheduler=x

Hi, I have to say i also tested this as there was different UmPolicys in my FSlabs/Data folders under each aircraft type. They were not with the same AM.

I deleted them and the section above prior to starting up P3D and now its butter smooth with cameras and engines running. Try this!

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hey,

I have just opened up my cfg file and they don't seem to of come back since launching P3D.

Interesting..

Mine was 65535, 0,2,4 deleted and it came back as 255, 0,2,4   Unless I am mistaken (probably) those are both just saying use all cores. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi, I have to say i also tested this as there was different UmPolicys in my FSlabs/Data folders under each aircraft type. They were not with the same AM.

I deleted them and the section above prior to starting up P3D and now its butter smooth with cameras and engines running. Try this!

Michael Moe

I am having the issue with PMDG not FSL, don't believe PMDG has a separate AM configuration per plane but I need to check.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

So you deleted the UmPolicy files in each aircraft? I'm not too familiar with those so i haven't touched them, I did delete the other section in the cfg though.

What exactly do the UmPolicy files do?

25 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi Michael,

So you deleted the UmPolicy files in each aircraft? I'm not too familiar with those so i haven't touched them, I did delete the other section in the cfg though.

What exactly do the UmPolicy files do?

They optimise FSL for Better performance but i found them making it worse. Strange they were not even identically. 

I recall also deleted them prior to 5.3.

ProcessLasso is set to 0,2,3,4,5,6,7 P3D and FSL. 0-7 with PMDG on my system.

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

What are the file names that you deleted? 

Eric