Sign in to follow this  
Colemanuk82

PSA - Update your nvidia driver

For the last 3-4 weeks ive been having regular crashes to desktop making the game unplayable!!!

I took a small break and managed to get it working today.             

driver version that you want is -497.29

If you have a nvidia graphics card make sure you're up to date.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Colemanuk82 said:

For the last 3-4 weeks ive been having regular crashes to desktop making the game unplayable!!!

I took a small break and managed to get it working today.             

driver version that you want is -497.29

If you have a nvidia graphics card make sure you're up to date.

If I have a driver that works, I don't mess with it. never have driver issues. 

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Until there's a security issue and you should update.

Also newer drivers can also improve FPS sometimes.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Also newer drivers can also improve FPS.

Yea sure 😄

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Does -497.29 mention MSFS in the release notes ?

In the 40 yrs I've been gaming, I don't recall a driver update ever enhancing a game I was playing anymore then tech support telling me to defrag my drive and call them back so I would get a different tech support agent.

• Like 1

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thats great but if you play any new games other than msfs then you don't have much of a choice...

It's kind of like staying on windows 7 ,but you'll have to update sometime -unless you never want anything new

Edited by Colemanuk82
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

In the 40 yrs I've been gaming, I don't recall a driver update ever enhancing a game I was playing anymore then tech support telling me to defrag my drive and call them back so I would get a different tech support agent.

One of the latest driver versions not sure if it is the latest did have a few MSFS specific items called out in the release notes...  Maybe 496.76 or something so I would believe anything MSFS specific in those is included. 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

20 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

Yes. The driver came out last monday, and I haven't had a crash since updating to it.

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/497.29/497.29-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Fixed Issues in this Release
 [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
 [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game.
[3454530]

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes. The driver came out last monday, and I haven't had a crash since updating to it.

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/497.29/497.29-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Fixed Issues in this Release
 [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
 [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game.
[3454530]

Do you recall what the crash was? I've been having intermittent ntldll.dll crashes with MSFS that I can't get a handle on.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just now, odourboy said:

Do you recall what the crash was? I've been having intermittent ntldll.dll crashes with MSFS that I can't get a handle on.

It would just crash almost instantly once you got past the loading screen and into a flight. Main menu worked fine.

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It would just crash almost instantly once you got past the loading screen and into a flight. Main menu worked fine.

My crashes are far more sporadic but no harm in trying the new driver. Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

FWIW: I'm using 497.09 which I find better than 497.29 for VR. Yesterday I had FS2020 systematically crashing every time when done with the loading screen, but I found the reason and the cure: don't set Nvidia CPL Texture LOD to "Allow" but to "Clamp" and this solved it for me (I wanted to try something with Texture LOD so this was the only change I made).

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm on 471.96 with outstanding results, in my case, no need for an update, another reason is that my gtx is a 1070 and current drivers are most likely optimized for the latest iterations of the GTX. 

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I am on 457.30 as i read somewhere this was best for MSFS.

I guess i am way behind, BTW works great with all the games i play.

But seriously am i too far behind with that one?

rtx 2070.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600 / RTX 2070 8GB / 2x8 RAM/

4 hours ago, flightyjoe said:

I am on 457.30 as i read somewhere this was best for MSFS.

I guess i am way behind, BTW works great with all the games i play.

But seriously am i too far behind with that one?

rtx 2070.

I use the same driver, and it works flawless on my system, I will not change until I upgrade my graphics card.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |