Sign in to follow this  
Red Tails

No airport/runway detected

Firstly, Happy New Year Everyone! I just installed RAAS, that all went smoothly. I fired up MSFS (Steam)  loaded the FBWA32NX at Asobo's' Heathrow EGLL, opened PBE, A32NX then RAAS and was greeted with the message "No airport/runway detected! Probable cause: Encrypted Marketplace airport or no airport in range" 

I have ticked the  "Run as Admin.." option but the usual blue/yellow shield isn't applied to the app's desktop icon suggesting that the option hasn't been applied. According to the Info Centre, everything installed correctly apart from the last line that reads 2022.01.01 11:57 - Scanning MSFS@S scenery files........................................then the program quits!

Any thoughts?

Edited by Air_Jordan
more info

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

6 hours ago, Red Tails said:

Firstly, Happy New Year Everyone! I just installed RAAS, that all went smoothly. I fired up MSFS (Steam)  loaded the FBWA32NX at Asobo's' Heathrow EGLL, opened PBE, A32NX then RAAS and was greeted with the message "No airport/runway detected! Probable cause: Encrypted Marketplace airport or no airport in range" 

I have ticked the  "Run as Admin.." option but the usual blue/yellow shield isn't applied to the app's desktop icon suggesting that the option hasn't been applied. According to the Info Centre, everything installed correctly apart from the last line that reads 2022.01.01 11:57 - Scanning MSFS@S scenery files........................................then the program quits!

Any thoughts?

We may have isolated it to Navigraph.

Do you have Navigraph installed?

I also suffered the same problem and was a little disappointed, I have subscribed Navigraph.

1.Opened as an administrator, but failed to open RAAS. But You can open RAAS without using the system administrator status.

2.  After opening RAAS, scanning shows "Encrypted Marketplace airport or no airport in range", under (Red/Disable),
Log "Scanning MSFS scenery files" then the program quits.

3. After opening RAAS, the scan shows "Encrypted Marketplace airport or no airport in range", press (Green/Enable),
The airport name is displayed, but then Log "Scanning MSFS scenery files" then the program quits.

Edited by AHFIRE

12 minutes ago, AHFIRE said:

I also suffered the same problem and was a little disappointed, I have subscribed Navigraph.

The user said he uninstalled Navigraph, then re-installed Navigraph, and then everything worked.

Try uninstalling Navigraph, then re-installing Navigraph.

It's like he had a corruption in his Navigraph database or something.

At any rate, all we'll need to do is exclude Navigraph from RAAS.

Please uninstall Navigraph.

Then re-install Navigraph.

That solved it for another user.

We think a corruption in their database is breaking RAAS.

In the next update, we'll exclude Navigraph from being detected by RAAS.

Best,

Disregard, I forgot to actually turn it on....lol

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, byork said:

Please uninstall Navigraph.

Then re-install Navigraph.

That solved it for another user.

We think a corruption in their database is breaking RAAS.

In the next update, we'll exclude Navigraph from being detected by RAAS.

Best,

Thanks, that worked, still can't set admin rights tho'

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

3 minutes ago, Red Tails said:

Thanks, that worked, still can't set admin rights tho'

Well, if you go to a default airport like RKPC, one of our test airports, do you hear the sound "On Runway XXX"?

Edited by byork

Ok, some progress, it works at RKPC but not at default EGLL. I'll test airports that I regularly fly to and report back...Oh, and BTW, the admin rights issue seems to have resolved itself...I wish this issue would too! BOOM!  😄

Addendum

So far, I've tested a mixture of default (EDDF, ESSA) and 3rd party (EKCH, LFSB, LSZH,KSAN) airports and they all worked without exception. I tried EGLL again and unfortunately got the same result, clearly there's an issue with Asobo's Heathrow but what? Any help appreciated, thanks

Edited by Red Tails

1 hour ago, Red Tails said:

Ok, some progress, it works at RKPC but not at default EGLL. I'll test airports that I regularly fly to and report back...Oh, and BTW, the admin rights issue seems to have resolved itself...I wish this issue would too! BOOM!  😄

Addendum

So far, I've tested a mixture of default (EDDF, ESSA) and 3rd party (EKCH, LFSB, LSZH,KSAN) airports and they all worked without exception. I tried EGLL again and unfortunately got the same result, clearly there's an issue with Asobo's Heathrow but what? Any help appreciated, thanks

The problem with EGLL is if you own the premium / deluxe version of MSFS, then Asobo 'encrypted' EGLL too, so we can't read any runway data out of it.

So you think EGLL is a default airport, but it's really not in a way because it's a special ehanced airport in the Premium / Deluxe version of MSFS, and Asobo encrypted it so everyone doesn't pirate it.

We're working on a tool to allow users to manually add runway data for encrypted airports to deal with this issue.

Same issue for me. I own many MarketPlace airports which are the ones that I normally use, so it is disappointing that RAAS only works with dafault airports at this time, which wasn't properly advertised in the NOTAM. It said that it will work with all MSFS aircraft, but the key point about the MSFS Airports encryption was not mentioned at all.

38 minutes ago, enriqueo said:

Same issue for me. I own many MarketPlace airports which are the ones that I normally use, so it is disappointing that RAAS only works with dafault airports at this time, which wasn't properly advertised in the NOTAM. It said that it will work with all MSFS aircraft, but the key point about the MSFS Airports encryption was not mentioned at all.

The current limit is listed on our product page under the "Current Limits Section".

However, we've found a way to work around the encrypted airports issue.

We expect the tool within a week or so, so encrypted airports will no longer be an issue.

Cheers,

I can't get RAAS to recognize any airport, it always says Encrypted Marketplace airport or no airport in range, then shuts down shortly after that message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Navigraph FMS Data Manager, Charts, and Navdata.  I have run the application with admin privileges, have completely removed everything from the community folder, and the issue remains.

Ed