Sign in to follow this  
Red Tails

No airport/runway detected

Hey Guys,

We will be working on a tool for create profiles on encrypted airports, so these can be shared among all of you. There is a limitation on reading encrypted airports, but we will be making an in-game editor to allow easily making profiles for RAASPRO.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

On 1/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, byork said:

The problem with EGLL is if you own the premium / deluxe version of MSFS, then Asobo 'encrypted' EGLL too, so we can't read any runway data out of it.

So you think EGLL is a default airport, but it's really not in a way because it's a special ehanced airport in the Premium / Deluxe version of MSFS, and Asobo encrypted it so everyone doesn't pirate it.

We're working on a tool to allow users to manually add runway data for encrypted airports to deal with this issue.

You're right, I do own the Premium version. I didn't stop to consider that EGLL is not a default airport. RAAS is working perfectly on all 10 of my Marketplace bought airports, no other errors or  crashes. Still, I look forward to the release of this new tool you're working on.

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

On 1/2/2022 at 5:36 AM, Red Tails said:

Ok, some progress, it works at RKPC but not at default EGLL. I'll test airports that I regularly fly to and report back...Oh, and BTW, the admin rights issue seems to have resolved itself...I wish this issue would too! BOOM!  😄

Addendum

So far, I've tested a mixture of default (EDDF, ESSA) and 3rd party (EKCH, LFSB, LSZH,KSAN) airports and they all worked without exception. I tried EGLL again and unfortunately got the same result, clearly there's an issue with Asobo's Heathrow but what? Any help appreciated, thanks

You can disable the default EGLL and use the one at Flightsim.to which is ten times better anyway!  🙂

Edited by DMullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I didn't know Flightsim.to had EGLL, I only ever saw EGKK, mind you I never searched for it! I'll have a look now, cheers 🙂

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

56 minutes ago, Red Tails said:

I didn't know Flightsim.to had EGLL, I only ever saw EGKK, mind you I never searched for it! I'll have a look now, cheers 🙂

https://flightsim.to/file/13015/london-heathrow-airport-egll

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:34 PM, DMullert said:

You can disable the default EGLL and use the one at Flightsim.to which is ten times better anyway!  🙂

Dennis pardon my ignorance but how do you disable an airport as such?  I have the premimum deluxe version of MSFS.  Not having much luck getting RAAS to work anywhere so will try the navigraph issue which I have and then do what you suggest.  I do have some payware airports (Orbx Sydney, Adelaide) so will wait for the update as well.  

Edited by Seth2413

Actually had a look on youtube to see how.  However, the option to remove or disable a premium or deluxe airport has been removed.  You have to remove the whole 'deluxe upgrade' or premium upgrade' file which will disable all your premium/ deluxe airports.  Not sure that is worth it.  I believe there are 10 prem/del airports.  

Cannot get this to work, uninstalled and re-installed navigraph, run as admin as I do with all my programs but no matter what plane or airport, nothing.  Always says no airport/ runway detected in red up top ....probabale cause encrypted marketplace airport or no airport in range.  This is even though im setting on runway 27L at KPHL a standard airport.  Ive tried different ones none deluxe or premium and I only owbn Orbx airports for australia and nothing every one the same.  Sorry but this just seems to be released when it isnt finished.  I'll lodge a ticket.  

5 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Cannot get this to work, uninstalled and re-installed navigraph, run as admin as I do with all my programs but no matter what plane or airport, nothing.  Always says no airport/ runway detected in red up top ....probabale cause encrypted marketplace airport or no airport in range.  This is even though im setting on runway 27L at KPHL a standard airport.  Ive tried different ones none deluxe or premium and I only owbn Orbx airports for australia and nothing every one the same.  Sorry but this just seems to be released when it isnt finished.  I'll lodge a ticket.  

Hey Seth,

Let's try something different:

1- Open a Windows File Explorer window.

2- Type/write %appdata% and hit enter in your keyboard. This should go to your AppData directory

3- Look for a folder named "FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO", take a screenshot of it's content.

4- Find this file: "RAAS_runway_data.csv", if you see it, open it with any text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, MS Word, etc) or MS Excel.

5- Do a text search on the airport ID you say RAAS can't detect. If it's not listed there, then either: It's encrypted or something went wrong during RAAS scenery scan.

Note: Also ensure RAAS is not OFF (there is GREEN icon)

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey Seth,

2- Type/write %appdata% and hit enter in your keyboard. This should go to your AppData directory

3- Look for a folder named "FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO", take a screenshot of it's content.

4- Find this file: "RAAS_runway_data.csv", if you see it, open it with any text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, MS Word, etc) or MS Excel.

5- Do a text search on the airport ID you say RAAS can't detect. If it's not listed there, then either: It's encrypted or something went wrong during RAAS scenery scan.

Cheers,

Manuel

Also, let us know what you see in your Community.

I'm not sure if it's you, but we received a support ticket from a user with a similar issue.

I had him test at RKPC.

Runway wasn't detected.

But he said in his Community he didn't have the FS2Crew Command Center, etc.

So it sound like something went wrong during his install.

12 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey Seth,

Cheers,

Manuel

So I'm having the same problem as Seth. I went into the FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO folder and there is no RAAS_runway_data.csv file at all. I installed via the Product Manager. Any way to trigger the creation of this file?

PBE and the A32NX, as well as the Command Center, are working properly.

Mark Lam

8 hours ago, byork said:

Also, let us know what you see in your Community.

I'm not sure if it's you, but we received a support ticket from a user with a similar issue.

I had him test at RKPC.

Runway wasn't detected.

But he said in his Community he didn't have the FS2Crew Command Center, etc.

So it sound like something went wrong during his install.

Yes that is me, Darron Hedge real name.  Ive replied to email.  You'll see the screenshots at both RKPC, CYLW, my community folder with nothing else at all in it apart from those two files.  Still not working at all.   I have looked in my appdata folders and there is nothing with a csv file.  Ive emailed a screenshot of my folder to you also.  I have reinstralled this now 3 times!  

5 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Yes that is me, Darron Hedge real name.  Ive replied to email.  You'll see the screenshots at both RKPC, CYLW, my community folder with nothing else at all in it apart from those two files.  Still not working at all.   I have looked in my appdata folders and there is nothing with a csv file.  Ive emailed a screenshot of my folder to you also.  I have reinstralled this now 3 times!  

It's like your Runway database was never built for some reason.

Try using my database.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e5824406f59a52315af54fe8edaee55820220112120949/38cb1b57561ee6de72e90d035565c49120220112121021/ebb323

Drop it here:

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO

8 hours ago, byork said:

It's like your Runway database was never built for some reason.

Try using my database.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e5824406f59a52315af54fe8edaee55820220112120949/38cb1b57561ee6de72e90d035565c49120220112121021/ebb323

Drop it here:

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew MSFS RAASPRO

Thanks bryan that has worked for me as stated.  Not sure why file not process on install, seemed to be only thing that is missing.  I am running MSFS through steam?  Cheers.