Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Switzerland Scenery Update.

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I have a quick question about updates. I just bought the game last week and want to do some flying around Switzerland. I see there is a world update for the scenery in Switzerland, and I was wondering, do I still need to download this update if I want the improved scenery or do I already have it since I have the most recent version of the sim installed?

Thanks

Jason Thiers

Yes, you need to add the World Update for Switzerland separately. You can find it in the Marketplace of MSFS.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

It's free! It is located in Profile, Content Manager.

And besides the Swiss World update in Content Manager, there is Swiss DEM mesh which is also free and in the marketplace.

Marketplace and Content Manager are two different screens in MSFS

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

51 minutes ago, phmcr said:

Yes, you need to add the World Update for Switzerland separately. You can find it in the Marketplace of MSFS.

Thanks.

Jason Thiers

Lots of free addons for Switzerland too including 20 meter DEM, cablecars and chairlifts and some great airports and photoscenery over at flightsim.to.  I really love flying in the Alps.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I don’t think there’s any need to download freeware, let alone payware DEM for Switzerland as the default one is already of a very high quality. I have no idea why they still sell a DEM addon in the Marketplace. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I don’t think there’s any need to download freeware, let alone payware DEM for Switzerland as the default one is already of a very high quality.

DEM I agree, I tried all available DEMs for Switzerland (including the payware ones) and there is no need anymore for any addon after the release of the World Update.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

35 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I tried all available DEMs for Switzerland (including the payware ones) and there is no need anymore for any addon after the release of the World Update.

Me too. The payware DEM was quite an improvement when it was released but WU6 has rendered it obsolete. 

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

It's free! It is located in Profile, Content Manager

You have to claim it in the market place first.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, cianpars said:

Lots of free addons for Switzerland too including 20 meter DEM, cablecars and chairlifts and some great airports and photoscenery over at flightsim.to.  I really love flying in the Alps.

The DEM update that came with the world update is a lot better than that. No need for any third party ones anymore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fielder said:

It's free! It is located in Profile, Content Manager.

And besides the Swiss World update in Content Manager, there is Swiss DEM mesh which is also free and in the marketplace.

Marketplace and Content Manager are two different screens in MSFS

Really? Lol I’ve been flying a lot in Switzerland lately and saw both Swiss and Austrian DEM at flightsim.to that you can get in 10m and 20m I think. Is that Swiss DEM in the marketplace good compared to what’s offered at flightsim.to? Appreciate any info. 

Edit: So a bunch of you say the DEM after WU6 is great, which is what I was thinking, so I’ll stick with the WU6 variety. You guys want a great flight in the area, try this. Just did it over the weekend. 

https://worldtour.flights/flightplans/371

Edited by NismoRR

32 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

You guys want a great flight in the area, try this. Just did it over the weekend.

Great area, great flight!

For me still the most astonishing thing is that within a 60km Radius around Top of Europe in the middle of the Alps 17 airports were built during WW II as air bases:

Buochs, Alpnach, Kägiswil, Meiringen, Interlaken, Thun, Reichenbach, Frutigen, St Stephan, Zweisimmen, Saanen, Sion, Raron, Turtmann, Münster, Ulrichen, Ambri (and Emmen, Lodrino, San Vittore not far beyond the 60km Radius)

Many have seen jet operations but most are closed for military operations today. Among these there are airports where jet fighters had to cross major roads when leaving the caverns, aircraft taxied over bridges passing wild waters and at one place even had to pass a railway crossing with Saint Andrews cross.

• Like 2

Every airport in the marketplace that begins with LS is for switzerland. I bought some and also for Austria: which begin with LO.

The Marketplace sale ends on Jan 5, it may be a long time before there is another.

To find out where the airport is located exactly before purchase, just type the ICAO code (such as LOWI) in the search bar of MY MAPs https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/. It will place a pin.spacer.png

Asobo alreay gave us LOWI bespoke handcrafted.

The 15 blue airplane icons are marketplace purchase, most on sale.

The 4 red wheel icons are free ones Asobo already gave us.

The 1 yellow one (LOAV) is payware on flightsim.to

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Edit: So a bunch of you say the DEM after WU6 is great, which is what I was thinking, so I’ll stick with the WU6 variety. You guys want a great flight in the area, try this. Just did it over the weekend. 

The DEM that comes with the world update is right from the Swiss Government.

I don't know know what it is measurement wise, but it is very detailed when you get up close.

Edited by Tuskin38

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The DEM that comes with the world update is right from the Swiss Government.

I don't know know what it is measurement wise, but it is very detailed when you get up close.

Indeed...