Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Real Taxiways Europe is out.

Following up on the versions for US Civil and Military airports JF have now released a version of their Airport Signage Improvements to cover 14000 European airports. The full list of airports covered is in the manual available here

The standalone price is the same as the Civil US edition £26.99 - HOWEVER there is also a bundle deal of both the Civil US and Europe for £29.99.
https://www.justflight.com/product/real-taxiways-europe - Standalone

https://www.justflight.com/product/real-taxiways-usa-and-europe-bundle - Bundle

(I'm really hoping JF are offering an upgrade for owners of the US edition so they can get the Europe addon for £3 as well but I don't own that myself.)

Personally I'm going to pick up the bundle. £15 for each pack feels about right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Airport Signage Improvements to cover 14000 European airports.

The product page says "1,165 airports updated with 41,500+ taxiway signs!"?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Following up on the versions for US Civil and Military airports JF have now released a version of their Airport Signage Improvements to cover 14000 European airports.

14,000?

1,165 airports updated with 41,500+ taxiway signs!

Still, 33 euros, phew, anyone owning the US variant can review it somehow here?

Edited by Aristoteles

Iñigo Bildarratz

Just Flight shows the bundle for $44.99 which is approx 40 euros. Still too rich for my blood.

• Like 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

54 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:
  • Still, 33 euros, phew, anyone owning the US variant can review it somehow here?

I did a preview on it on just before the US version released, maybe that is helpful to you - 

I think the price for both continents now is more worth it than ever. The textures are just brilliant and it's great flying into an airport that perhaps you don't have the scenery for and/or an Asobo airport knowing that all the signage is going to be correct.

Big example is the Asobo version of Heathrow doesn't have any of the named holding points either painted on the ground or on signs. This add on ensures they are there and in the correct spot, great for VATSIM. Eg:

spacer.png

I can see however if you don't use VATSIM this may not be as appealing to you.

Another little bonus that isn't touted perhaps as much as it should be with this add on, is that, when you have it installed, the textures will then work for any airport using the default signage. So for example you download a freeware scenery perhaps somewhere in China (outside of this add-ons coverage), they've taken the time to put the signs in the right place and they are correct etc but they are using the default signage. This add-on will take priority and change the signage to the awesome textures that this add-on brings, whilst keeping the placement etc that the scenery developer worked hard to ensure is proper.

Edited by BobbyFuzzy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Just Flight shows the bundle for $44.99 which is approx 40 euros. Still too rich for my blood.

While it is a tremendous work to fix what Asobo/Microsoft couldn't do properly with inaccurate taxiway names, unrealistic signs, and objects placed in the middle of taxiways this developer is charging an unrealistic amount of money for the bundle $44.99 when you think that the whole MSFS Standard edition is only $ 47.99.

As it was mentioned, way too rich and out of touch when you think that the whole flight simulator with all the features is almost the same amount of money.

• Like 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

9 minutes ago, Room112 said:

Does it also replace the taxiway lights at default airports?

It doesn't replace them, it just fixes them, according to the product page. However, I personally struggled to find any good examples/comparisons for that! I'm sure there are plenty of airports that this becomes more relevant for, I've just not been able to find them!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vlad Tepes3 said:

As it was mentioned, way too rich and out of touch when you think that the whole flight simulator with all the features is almost the same amount of money.

Indeed. I have to say that I myself haven't bought anything for MSFS but ONE aircraft (Kodiak 100) and I'm not planning to buy any scenery (related) addons for it. The game out of the box offers so much already when it comes to scenery/graphics...! Enough to keep me entertained for a lifetime. In previous sims addon scenery was a must just to make a few area's believable but in MSFS I've got the entire world in great detail... it's amazing! And things may only get better in the future. I think MSFS in its current state is totally awesome already and I don't like the idea of spending money on something that may be changed by Asobo later on. I know someone who buys a few airports every week... I really don't get that. I am sure most of those addons are only visited once or twice... bye bye precious money. But that's just me. To each his own. 😉

14 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

It doesn't replace them, it just fixes them, according to the product page. However, I personally struggled to find any good examples/comparisons for that! I'm sure there are plenty of airports that this becomes more relevant for, I've just not been able to find them!

In agreement. We need a youtube showing the differences. I'd say use KBOS as an example for USA and Heathrow for Europe

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

9 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Indeed. I have to say that I myself haven't bought anything for MSFS but ONE aircraft (Kodiak 100) and I'm not planning to buy any scenery (related) addons for it.

I was in the same boat a year ago, but started buying a few addon sceneries when they go on sale. I feel that spending <15 $ is justifiable. However, I always look on flightsim.to for a good freeware alternative. For example, Orbx sells a version of the airport on the Faroe Islands, but the freeware version is quite good as well, so money saved.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

I'd say use KBOS as an example for USA and Heathrow for Europe

Are there issues with the taxi lights at KBOS in the default scenery? I know there isn't at Heathrow.

8 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

Are there issues with the taxi lights at KBOS in the default scenery? I know there isn't at Heathrow.

No, just that the gates numbers of the taxiways were not correct and ATC gave bad ground instructions. I made a PDF on all the correct runways for ease of use in Vatsim. Unfortunately Flightsim.to took it down as it didn't fit their idea of being a mod. I'm assuming the paid Taxiways correct the gate numbers.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.