Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Google Earth Airport Export feature

WAMA is looking more useful than GE on its own. Can it run via WideFS?

And I assume P3D has to be running first so it knows your location.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And I assume P3D has to be running first so it knows your location.

Yes.

But the point of WAMA isn't GE or the destination finder, those are just tiny features on the side.

The purpose of WAMA is to show you your parked aircraft as 3D models in the sim (and a lot of other stuff, but that is the basic principle). Personally I especially enjoy the logbook, that records my route and geo-references my screenshots. There is an example of that as a download on the Lorby website (way down on the products page)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBafSNR1R3I&t=113s

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

I have a very small collection of aircraft. The PMDG737, Vertx DA62, Carenado PC12 and the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25. The only other addition will be FSL Concorde. Five aircraft. I prefer to be a master of a few rather than an owner of many I wouldn’t fly that often.

Aivlasoft’s EFB logs my flights but I rarely look at them. I use it primarily as a moving map. I rarely take screenshots.

I’m not trying to find reasons not to buy WAMA - simply to point out its primary features aren’t really needed by me.

I would have liked to make a donation for your contribution to flight simming but your website doesn’t show that option. Pity. I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to show appreciation for what you’ve given us.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Oliver,

I have a very small collection of aircraft. The PMDG737, Vertx DA62, Carenado PC12 and the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25. The only other addition will be FSL Concorde. Five aircraft. I prefer to be a master of a few rather than an owner of many I wouldn’t fly that often.

Aivlasoft’s EFB logs my flights but I rarely look at them. I use it primarily as a moving map. I rarely take screenshots.

I’m not trying to find reasons not to buy WAMA - simply to point out its primary features aren’t really needed by me.

I would have liked to make a donation for your contribution to flight simming but your website doesn’t show that option. Pity. I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to show appreciation for what you’ve given us.

I purchased WAMA in 2018 but in all honesty, I have not used it at all. I fly just one plane regularly and continue from where I landed to the next destination.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

but your website doesn’t show that option.

Donations are not allowed for commercial entites on PayPal.

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

reasons not to buy WAMA

No worries, the WAMA app is kind of special. As with all software, different people have different use cases. Back when I still had the time to fly myself, I used the logbook a lot, because I liked the 3D representation of my route in GE with the embedded screenshots. So I too was only using a fraction of the capabilities.

And what I enjoyed were the transfer flights, when I used WAMA in combination with AITX. I would buy a new addon plane, for example the 787 from QW. I then used WAMA to place it at the Boeing plant in Seattle. To get there I flew as a passenger on AI planes using AITX, and when I arrived, my new plane was physically there, waiting to be picked up. So I did a leisurely walk around, then entered it and flew it back to my home base.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Pity PayPal have that restriction. 😕

Each of us is different in how we use P3D. You probably developed WAMA because it filled a hole in how you wanted to fly.

Back in the olden times a bloke called Pete Dowson wanted to get more out of Microsoft Flight Sim so hacked into the code and with the help of another keen enthusiast who wrote an interface to tap into the sim developed what we now know as FSUIPC.

I've just flown two legs in the PC12 along the northern Spain coast using GE and the data you've provided. That has filled the huge hole left when Google decided to remove the airport layer. Thank you for providing this feature. 👏

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

44 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I purchased WAMA in 2018 but in all honesty, I have not used it at all. I fly just one plane regularly and continue from where I landed to the next destination.

I did fly around the world in early 2020 when we found ourselves forced to stay at home. Now I generally look at the weather and pick an airport with bad weather and fly to one with nice weather. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi

Version 56/09 seems to be having issues with scanning world elevation files, more precisely those from FSDG.  Whenever it stumbles across one of those it gets a soft crash and the scanning process is stopped.

My goal is kind of opposite to that of Rays, in that I wish to filter out various  smaller airfields (mostly ORBX regional stuff but also additional AFCADs that come with some sceneries along with the major field) that manage to sneak through.

Anyway, as things stand in the current version, unless I deactivate those files the scanning process will stop and hang.

If you wish, I can PM you one of those files as it seems they all have one common issue.

9 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

it seems they all have one common issue.

I have FSDG Nuuk, and can't find anything wrong with it?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Version 56/09 seems to be having issues with scanning world elevation files, 

Weird. It is only reading BGLs that have airport definition sections in them.

But anything is possible, developers are very creative that way. Like with those 6 runways in T2G EDDM, where four of them are actually the bridges over the ring road. Not a lot I can do about that.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I have FSDG Nuuk, and can't find anything wrong with it?

does it have one of those ALT files in scenery/world/scenery? 

35 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

does it have one of those ALT files in scenery/world/scenery? 

AFX_BGGH_ALT.bgl

What am I looking for exactly?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

AFX_BGGH_ALT.bgl

What am I looking for exactly?

for something that may bring up the unhandled exception window.

13 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

for something that may bring up the unhandled exception window.

Not happening here. If you have such a BGL file, the email address is on the last page of the manual. And please include the stack trace from the "Details" button of that exception window. It is always good to know what the problem really is, and there is nothing better than the actual Exception details. TBH, this doesn't sound like a systematic error, I imagine that other people would have told me about that already. More like a local problem (access privileges?) - but you just never know.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI