Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

TrackIR Motion Blur

What is the cause and cure for the blurry gauges and scenery when my head is moving in TrackIR?

My system suddenly changed after messing with an alternative head tracker device.   

Motion blur has now completely wrecked my sim experience using TrackIR.   

I have studied hard on TrackIR profiles, including speed and smooth sliders.  I get 30-40 FPS.

Suggestions and solutions, please?

4 minutes ago, Rmmm said:

What is the cause and cure for the blurry gauges and scenery when my head is moving in TrackIR?

My system suddenly changed after messing with an alternative head tracker device.   

Motion blur has now completely wrecked my sim experience using TrackIR.   

I have studied hard on TrackIR profiles, including speed and smooth sliders.  I get 30-40 FPS.

never have seen that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. It doesn't happen to me. Does it do it when you look around with the mouse as opposed to TrackIR? Do you have motion blur on in the settings of FS?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Hi Bob...

A bit of motion blur is normal.   Never noticed in the past.   Now it is way too much.

I fly the C172 exclusively.   If you have a profile that works for GA, I would really like to try it.   Along with your recommendations for the Speed and Smooth sliders.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. It doesn't happen to me. Does it do it when you look around with the mouse as opposed to TrackIR? Do you have motion blur on in the settings of FS?

Hi Jazz... Yes this arises both with mouse and with left/right arrow keys.  Some motion blur is normal.   Mine just changed suddenly and is now way too much.   I'll take a flight and check on the setting you mention.

Just now, Rmmm said:

Hi Jazz... Yes this arises both with mouse and with left/right arrow keys.  Some motion blur is normal.   Mine just changed suddenly and is now way too much.   I'll take a flight and check on the setting you mention.

I fail to see how the profile settings in TrackIR are causing blurry guages and scenery. I suspect you're looking in the wrong place and you should look more towards settings in sim and graphics card settings. I doubt this has anything to do with TrackIR to be honest, bud.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

17 minutes ago, Rmmm said:

Motion blur is a tunable feature of the MSFS graphics settings. I would look there, not in TrackIR.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

10 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Motion blur is a tunable feature of the MSFS graphics settings. I would look there, not in TrackIR.

Agreed - the graphics settings may have been reset and motion blur may now be enabled in options.

Edited by DylanM

Motion blur must be off in the sim settings.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

One thing that I noted is that in the YouTube tutorials, the scale shown for the horizontal "True Head Angle" is very different compared to my installation.

My horizontal scale is very compressed and I cannot figure out how to properly change it.   

Specifically - The horizontal scale on the YouTube tutorials is  0-15-45 etc.   The width of the bars is quite wide.

While my horizontal scale is  0-3-6-9-12-15-18-21-24-27 etc.   The width of the bars is very small.

If I use the mouse to zoom in the scale does not change and almost instantly is expanded out of limits.  

Any idea why my TrackIR profile screen is different?

7 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Thanks Mark/Dylan/Raptyr

I update FS2020 and turned Motion Blur OFF.   No effect.  Same problem in X-Plane w/ X-Camera.  Leads me to think that the problem lies in TrackIR.   

See my above question on the "scale".   thanks

Edited by Rmmm

9 hours ago, Rmmm said:

My system suddenly changed after messing with an alternative head tracker device

2 hours ago, Rmmm said:

Any idea why my TrackIR profile screen is different?

It sounds like there might of been some type of "interaction" between the TIR and the alternative head tracker device software. If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling TIR, that might be worth trying (I assume you uninstalled the alternative head tracker software). Before uninstalling TIR you could copy the folder with your profiles in it to another location to save them.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling TIR, that might be worth trying. Before doing this you could copy the folder with your profiles in it to another location to save them.

Al

I was just using the default profile.  It was fine for my purposes.  Did the full TrackIR / Natural Point uninstall, reboot and reinstall yesterday.   No change.   

I would really like to get the profile scale to conform to others.   That is a clue to this problem, I think. 

PHOTOS HERE:   https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjzvyPYX9Tw7vbbe9

32 minutes ago, Rmmm said:

I was just using the default profile.  It was fine for my purposes.  Did the full TrackIR / Natural Point uninstall, reboot and reinstall yesterday.   No change.   

I would really like to get the profile scale to conform to others.   That is a clue to this problem, I think. 

PHOTOS HERE:   https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjzvyPYX9Tw7vbbe9

If you put your mouse cursor on the small profile screen you can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. You can also click with the mouse wheel switch on the profile screen to reset the scale. See if that works.

Al

Try Speed 1 and smooth 100

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip