Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SWS PC12 and NG!

PC12 has been on my wishlist. Such a capable airplane in many ways. Pretty cool. Lots to look forward to in the sim. 

I didn't get the Kodiak after seeing the reviews. It seems like it is one level better than Carenado airplanes, but still far from an A2A level plane. Maybe I am missing something since I don't have it but A2A simulates so many more things across the board than the Kodak reviews showed. The Kodiak is a great plane but it is prized too high for what it is. Waiting for it to go on sale. Looking forward to the PC12 coming out and going on sale too, LOL!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JJ_ said:

I didn't get the Kodiak after seeing the reviews. It seems like it is one level better than Carenado airplanes, but still far from an A2A level plane. Maybe I am missing something since I don't have it but A2A simulates so many more things across the board than the Kodak reviews showed. The Kodiak is a great plane but it is prized too high for what it is. Waiting for it to go on sale. Looking forward to the PC12 coming out and going on sale too, LOL!

I owned all the A2A planes in P3D. The Kodiak is much more fun to fly than any of the A2A aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

It may not have all the maintenance aspects that A2A has but it looks and flies really well.  Certainly closer to A2A than Carenado IMHO.

I initially balked at the price too but now I’m glad I didn’t (much cheaper on their website than resellers BTW)

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

It may not have all the maintenance aspects that A2A has but it looks and flies really well.  Certainly closer to A2A than Carenado IMHO.

I initially balked at the price too but now I’m glad I didn’t (much cheaper on their website than resellers BTW)

I used the preflight on some of the A2A aircraft a few times, and found it pretty boring, and never bothered with it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, JJ_ said:

It's 35 bucks from SWS.  It has working breakers and nearly all switches are functional.  Most Carenado planes are about the same price and highly less detailed.  

It's the best addon for the sim date.  It's probably better than many P3D addons as well.  I loved A2A but they are dogging it getting a plane into the sim.  I hope one comes soon.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Kodiak would be brilliant if the PT6 and engine systems were modeled more accurately. Fingers crossed SWS has more for us in that area in the future. I'll add the PC-12 to my long list of stuff to buy in the future.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just now, kiwikat said:

The Kodiak would be brilliant if the PT6 and engine systems were modeled more accurately. Fingers crossed SWS has more for us in that area in the future. I'll add the PC-12 to my long list of stuff to buy in the future.

It seems like a bug in the sim.  They might have to go external to get it right.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, JJ_ said:

...Maybe I am missing something since I don't have it...

I would say the possibility is pretty high 🤔

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Me too, I did not buy the Kodiak. After viewing the review, it seems to me the plane is to twitchy. Such a plane should be incredibly stable with its high wing and inertia, and very easy to hand fly. 

I am not yet convinced 😅

Pierre

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Me too, I did not buy the Kodiak. After viewing the review, it seems to me the plane is to twitchy. Such a plane should be incredibly stable with its high wing and inertia, and very easy to hand fly. 

I am not yet convinced 😅

Pierre

Not at all, with the latest update, its better than ever. I pretty much fly the Kodiak and FBWA320. 

4 hours ago, Pochi said:

I am not yet convinced 😅

Pierre

It is not twitchy at all, did you apply the hotfix?  If you did and you still think it is twitchy, maybe you are not used to something that flies like an real aircraft. I hand fly mine all the time with no difficulty at all. Oh wait, you don't even own it.....  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Not at all, with the latest update, its better than ever. I pretty much fly the Kodiak and FBWA320. 

Yeah, another "expert" that doesn't even own the aircraft....😉

• Like 1