Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SWS PC12 and NG!

SWS is working directly with Pilatus to bring a PC12 and PC12NG to the sim.  (the latter probably well into 2023 due to nature of avionics)

Info from their Discord:  

Pilatus PC-12: We recently signed a licensing agreement with Pilatus Aircraft to bring their PC-12 to Microsoft Flight Simulator! Our current plan is to make two PC-12 releases: one will be the PC-12/47 which will come with a mixed glass/steam cockpit. Our goal is to have the aircraft out towards the middle of the year, built to the same standard as the Kodiak. The second would be the Pilatus PC-12NG with a fully-fledged custom glass cockpit, but due to the code work required, this is going to come in 2023. All our aircraft will benefit from gradual updates and improvements we will be doing to the Kodiaks, as we learn more about MSFS' SDK and work around its limitations. There are another two airframes that we are looking to bring into MSFS under our banner before and after the PC-12, but we will withhold their names until we are better prepared to reveal them.

• Like 18

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

SWS is working directly with Pilatus to bring a PC12 and PC12NG to the sim.  (the latter probably well into 2023 due to nature of avionics)

Info from their Discord:  

Pilatus PC-12: We recently signed a licensing agreement with Pilatus Aircraft to bring their PC-12 to Microsoft Flight Simulator! Our current plan is to make two PC-12 releases: one will be the PC-12/47 which will come with a mixed glass/steam cockpit. Our goal is to have the aircraft out towards the middle of the year, built to the same standard as the Kodiak. The second would be the Pilatus PC-12NG with a fully-fledged custom glass cockpit, but due to the code work required, this is going to come in 2023. All our aircraft will benefit from gradual updates and improvements we will be doing to the Kodiaks, as we learn more about MSFS' SDK and work around its limitations. There are another two airframes that we are looking to bring into MSFS under our banner before and after the PC-12, but we will withhold their names until we are better prepared to reveal them.

Now this is exciting news! I LOVE the PC-12!

Former Child, Current Adult

Seems like SWS is the new Generation A2A. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Looking forward to them being released. SWS are one to watch in the coming months. I really like the standards they are setting for a fair price.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

We’re going need a good 430/530 with WAAS, holds, turn anticipation etc for this. Hopefully WT is currently working on it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

19 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

We’re going need a good 430/530 with WAAS, holds, turn anticipation etc for this. Hopefully WT is currently working on it. 

In fact I just read on their Discord channel a day ago that work has begun on those.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ohhhhhh that is exciting!  The PC-12 is such a cool aircraft and having one done to the same standard as the Kodiak will be amazing!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Seems like SWS is the new Generation A2A. 

Agreed!  The Kodiak is so good that I will buy whatever SWS release.  The PC12 is a good choice.  

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

For me this is the most exiting news! Instant buy of both models!

Great news, I haven't flown any other aircraft since the purchase of the Kodiak. 

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Good to see SWS establishing a niche for themselves in MSFS.  Quite a departure from the type of aircraft they made in P3D (I loved their T-37 Tweet BTW) but this new direction is working quite well for them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Great news, I haven't flown any other aircraft since the purchase of the Kodiak. 

Me either, I even stopped flying the DC6 which was my go to aircraft before the Kodiak. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Me either, I even stopped flying the DC6 which was my go to aircraft before the Kodiak. 

Same here, although every once in awhile, I fly the DC-6 for the loooong hauls.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

6 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Same here, although every once in awhile, I fly the DC-6 for the loooong hauls.

Well, the Kodiak can do a 1000 miles. 

Although, you better bring a bucket to word not allowed in. Ha ha. 

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, the Kodiak can do a 1000 miles. 

Loooong hauls, more than 2000 non stop.