Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

XP12 system requirement

8 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

Also I want to add to Bjoern post:

I posted to GCBraum about nvidia settings for X Plane. Some new users to X Plane will sometimes get away with their graphic settings being optimizes for DirectX and run X plane but are unaware that are not optimizes for Opengl/Vulkan and know the difference.

Here is a link to that post where I gave some recommended settings and configuration the new users to X Plane should be aware of. If you have done this already than great!

Thank you so much for the link. I will give those settings a try. I only have the Power Management set to Maximum Performance right now.

• Like 1

One thing people fail to look at, is all the other garbage they have running in the back ground, like all the stupid nvidia bloatware. So peruse your services, find out what shouldnt be there and remove it. If you dont need it and its running uninstall it. A clean machine is the best and most stable.

• Like 1

One thing about XP12, for airports in forest areas it's too noticeable, that all the trees have uniform spacing and exactly the same height. It's a lot more noticeable even than XP11.  They've got to mix it up and add variation.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Greazer said:

One thing about XP12, for airports in forest areas it's too noticeable, that all the trees have uniform spacing and exactly the same height. It's a lot more noticeable even than XP11.  They've got to mix it up and add variation.  

Although coniferous plantations are very common worldwide. In these tree spacing is uniform and this is very noticeable until the monoculture is mature. Tree heights do vary by a little but the main variable is stem diameter. So it's pretty complicated. Trees with varying stem diameters would be my preference for more realism rather than random spacing for forestry plantations.

45 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Although coniferous plantations are very common worldwide. In these tree spacing is uniform and this is very noticeable until the monoculture is mature. Tree heights do vary by a little but the main variable is stem diameter. So it's pretty complicated. Trees with varying stem diameters would be my preference for more realism rather than random spacing for forestry plantations.

No i would rather we had the correct species of bees, ir we wont have flowers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jarmstro said:

X-Plane is a flight, not a forestry simulator.

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

2 hours ago, Bjoern said:

X-Plane is a flight, not a forestry simulator.

Did you also complain about ambient sounds being introduced? Water, cars, forest etc? Because this might be surprising for you, but they are getting into XP12.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

22 hours ago, Andistio said:

Thank you so much for the link. I will give those settings a try. I only have the Power Management set to Maximum Performance right now.

Tried the settings and unfortunately the performance dropped drastically to about 11-15 frames per second. 

2 hours ago, Andistio said:

Tried the settings and unfortunately the performance dropped drastically to about 11-15 frames per second. 

At assuming that you sitting at KLGA facing Manhattan. Did you compare it between Opengl/Vulkan?

Also did fly outside of the dense area, away from Manhattan to see what the frames were?

Can you send a PM with snap shot of your old settings where you felt it ran better and the new one's you tried. Also, your hardware specs,what resolution you're trying to run and your X Plane graphic settings within the sim as well. If you want to share them here, that's fine, up to you. I figure if its get to detailed,we can do it offline and comeback with the results. Also what nvidia driver are you using?

A drastic drop in performance is not something I would have expected, maybe the same  or a little better.

Sometimes if your pushing the antialiasing, or the Texture sliders too high with a low Vram on the graphic card or maxing Objects, making the CPU work harder, (especially if its not over clock) will impact performance. Ram is also an important factor to consider.

One thing I didn't mention is when testing, make sure you're testing at the same location and direction to start with no weather.  then pick an area and fly heavy dense area then a less dense area. Weather with cloud will impact performance as well. 

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, Pastaiolo said:

Did you also complain about ambient sounds being introduced? Water, cars, forest etc? Because this might be surprising for you, but they are getting into XP12.

Nope, must've confused me with somebody else. I'll gladly take any improvement or new feature that XP12 has to offer.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days