Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

XP12 system requirement

3 minutes ago, Janov said:

@fogboundturtle This is the part that has me excited... and I read it as "multicore optimization will not be in 12.0 but come early within the 12.xx run".

This is what I am looking for the most forward too for sure. I want to see Xplane 12.xx takes advantage of today's cpu multiple core/threads. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

As long as the Vulkan device loss issue is not present, I’ll be happy. Been on OpenGL ever since, sim is running just fine, tried it a few weeks ago and got the same error again. 

10 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

@strider1 I am not surprise by this. Multi-threading is hard to do but at the same time, I am a bit disappointed as this is one of the major issue with XP11 in my book. I wonder how much cpu cycle are they going to free up and move to the GPU and how gain FPS gains this is going to translate too.

I guess time will tell! I am still wondering if I will be able to find a GPU at MSRP this year.....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

8 hours ago, Andistio said:

As long as the Vulkan device loss issue is not present, I’ll be happy. Been on OpenGL ever since, sim is running just fine, tried it a few weeks ago and got the same error again. 

Sounds like you need to troubleshoot your PC... I have never had 'device loss' error that I can remember.

Eric Escobar

6 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Sounds like you need to troubleshoot your PC... I have never had 'device loss' error that I can remember.

That is right.

I will go out on a limb here and say that practically no one with a standard, vanilla (no-add-ons) installation of X-Plane and a standard at least minimum specs hardware and OS installation (no overclocking, no "tuners", no weird GPU settings) with up-to-date drivers will have a DLE in X-Plane 11.

If you have them and are unable or unwilling to fix the cause...you will also have them in XP12, except there is no recourse like running it in OpenGL.

• Like 1

I never experienced that error in Xp11 with Vulkan. It fairly stable so I would suggest that it's an drivers issue.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

38 minutes ago, Janov said:

I will go out on a limb here and say that practically no one with a standard, vanilla (no-add-ons) installation of X-Plane and a standard at least minimum specs hardware and OS installation (no overclocking, no "tuners", no weird GPU settings) with up-to-date drivers will have a DLE in X-Plane 11.

I highly doubt LR would assign valuable resources to pinpoint the problem if it was a just a driver issue or with OC'ing, I will go on a limb here and say it has more to do with vulkan and hundreds of different hardware configurations/brands/combinations out there. I had my old hardware OC'ed (cpu and video card) with nvidia drivers older than current, never experienced that problem with vulkan.

https://x-plane.helpscoutdocs.com/article/112-tracing-vulkan-device-loss-crashes

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I wish I was able to troubleshoot the problem, that would involve hours and hours of testing and experimenting, removing plug-ins, testing, adding them back in, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I'm using the most current NVIDIA Studio drivers on a 2080Ti. I'm running the sim in OpenGL at 40-60 frames, that works for me. The sim is functioning fine in OpenGL, just not in Vulkan. Other games that use Vulkan like RDR2 are running without any problems. 

1 hour ago, Andistio said:

I wish I was able to troubleshoot the problem, that would involve hours and hours of testing and experimenting, removing plug-ins, testing, adding them back in, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I'm using the most current NVIDIA Studio drivers on a 2080Ti. I'm running the sim in OpenGL at 40-60 frames, that works for me. The sim is functioning fine in OpenGL, just not in Vulkan. Other games that use Vulkan like RDR2 are running without any problems. 

There is a easier way, just install a second copy of Xplane, and test. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric Escobar

As someone who has just got into XP11 this is good news. XP11 runs beautifully on my i5-6600k + GTX 1060 with most sliders well over to the right. I don't mind dialling those back a bit if need be for XP12.

I'm not in a huge hurry to upgrade though. How long will XP11 be supported once XP12 is out? Do XP users tend to migrate quickly to new versions?

18 hours ago, Janov said:

Yet Again posting false information.  There are numerous threads including one just recently at the Org where you participated in, and users with new installs, vanilla setups, are experiencing random CTD's.  Also note that Laminar have listed this is as a Known Issue.  Yet you continue to blame users hardware or setup. It is a Known Developer Bug.

Edited by Greazer

15 hours ago, Andistio said:

NVIDIA Studio drivers on a 2080Ti

The Studio drivers are workstation, i.e. CAD optimized. Unless you're spending 90% of your time with CAD, the Game Ready Drivers are the way to go.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

16 hours ago, Andistio said:

Also I want to add to Bjoern post:

I posted to GCBraum about nvidia settings for X Plane. Some new users to X Plane will sometimes get away with their graphic settings being optimizes for DirectX and run X plane but are unaware that are not optimizes for Opengl/Vulkan and know the difference.

Here is a link to that post where I gave some recommended settings and configuration the new users to X Plane should be aware of. If you have done this already than great!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Greazer said:

There are numerous threads including one just recently at the Org where you participated in, and users with new installs, vanilla setups, are experiencing random CTD's.

There are numerous threads where users CLAIM to have Device Loss Errors on vanilla setups 😉

Yet when they are asked to provide a fresh log.txt saved right after a DLE...crickets.

I also wrote "practically no". You may want to look that term up. It is not equal to "none".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1