Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

7:12 PM EST

Is anyone else sick and tired of waiting until 7:12 PM EST to fly so live weather actually works??? Is live weather going to never work for 72 minutes every day from now to eternity??? Over the course of a century, that's 2,629,800 unplayable minutes.  Every day the game is unplayable for exactly 5% of the day.... but I paid 100% retail price, I didn't pay 95%. Where's my 5% rebate since I can only use the product 95% of the time??

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 3

The live weather "WORKS"? I think it's better between 18:00 and 19:12 EST, I mean the prediction model works great when it's working, but the clouds are embarrassing.

• Like 1

It would be nice if they could explain why this is happening and not just acknowledge that it is happening. Its regularity suggests it's intentional so letting users know why they need to sit through this every day would be helpful. 

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

The live weather "WORKS"? I think it's better between 18:00 and 19:12 EST, I mean the prediction model works great when it's working, but the clouds are embarrassing.

To be honest these threads are embarrassing popping up everyday about a cheap game product. Want accurate weather fly in real live. No PC game is perfect and this 60$ game works no different the the 120$ premium one you are still on the same busy servers. When folks realize the weather is not perfect the better they will come to piece of mind.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

To be honest these threads are embarrassing popping up everyday about a cheap game product. Want accurate weather fly in real live. No PC game is perfect and this 60$ game works no different the the 120$ premium one.

Sorry thought I was in the flight sim forum not the real world flight forum my bad!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

To be honest these threads are embarrassing popping up everyday about a cheap game product. Want accurate weather fly in real live. No PC game is perfect and this 60$ game works no different the the 120$ premium one you are still on the same busy servers. When folks realize the weather is not perfect the better they will come to piece of mind.

You mention 'want accurate weather' & 'weather not perfect' - the point being made is NO WEATHER for 5% of the day.  What percentage limit would you accept for no weather - 10% of the time, 20% or maybe 50%?

I think it acceptable to ask how long is no weather going to be available for 5% of the day.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I'm ok with the live weather when it works. I'm not ok that there's literally no weather for 1 hour 12 minutes daily for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

Sorry thought I was in the flight sim forum not the real world flight forum my bad!

On board with you on this comment as well as about the clouds.  

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

least  you  got  a  chance  with having  a  3rd  party  addon 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My day is now complete and I can  go onto bed. We have had our daily cloud word not allowed thread.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

7 hours ago, pete_auau said:

least  you  got  a  chance  with having  a  3rd  party  addon 

I don't want to pay for an addon just to have some semblance of weather from 18:00 to 19:12 daily, which is when I have time to play.

It's like if my car that I paid full price for stopped running every day for 72 minutes for no reason at all, and the auto company was all like "well buy this app from our affiliate, and then you can use 'your' car for 1,440 minutes per day instead of just 1,368 minutes".

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

Each to their own and I don't mean to offend anyone, but is it such a huge deal if the weather depicted in the sim doesn't match exactly what you see outside your window? 

There's so many other things to enjoy about sim flying and I'm sure live weather will be improved over time. 

Enjoy the moment my friends! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Each to their own and I don't mean to offend anyone, but is it such a huge deal if the weather depicted in the sim doesn't match exactly what you see outside your window? 

That's not the point of this thread....... this thread is stating that the weather is literally clear sky and 29.92 for 72 minutes per day. I don't care if the weather is exact, I just want weather continuously.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

My latest weather issues were resolved by signing out of MS Store and Xbox App in windows and log in again.

No more issues with weather updates anymore,

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

I guess I can't fly today and Monday because we are having a storm both days.

• Like 1

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.