Sign in to follow this  
Los

Kodiak Right Rudder Trim No Longer Required?

6 hours ago, Los said:

Interesting…

Wonder why your version acts differently and requires the rudder trim?

When as for me, and others on this thread, regular right rudder, as with any other GA aircraft, is enough not requiring the trim.

I watched many videos by The missionary pilot prior to purachsing  the Kodiak. He has stated many times that ( he calls it full right rudder trim) right rudder trim is needed. I got in the habit right away of dialing in 5 clicks of right rudder trim which aligns the rudder trim up with the first vertical line  to the right of center. It works every time, I don't know what other people are doing, but I read many complaints by others  that they can't keep the aircraft on the runway, etc,  I never have those problems on takeoff or landing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got in the habit right away of dialing in 5 clicks of right rudder trim which aligns the rudder trim up with the first vertical line  to the right of center.

I take it that "which aligns the rudder trim up with the first vertical line to the right of center" means the center of the rudder trim indicator is centered on the first vertical line to the right -- correct?

And how is your Kodiak usually loaded -- copilot, passengers, fuel load ?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

40 minutes ago, ark said:

I take it that "which aligns the rudder trim up with the first vertical line to the right of center" means the center of the rudder trim indicator is centered on the first vertical line to the right -- correct?

And how is your Kodiak usually loaded -- copilot, passengers, fuel load ?

Thx,

Al

50% fuel,  copilot  4 passengers, and 400 pounds cargo. Mixed Interior with Cargo Pod. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

50% fuel,  copilot  4 passengers, and 400 pounds cargo. 

OK, thanks. That provides a starting point for comparing results.

Al

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

It probably depends a lot on the type of rudder control you use, if you have a joystick with a twist function, it will probably be much more sensitive than with decent rudder pedals.

Using Crosswind v3's.........

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

51 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Using Crosswind v3's.........

Me to...

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I do find that CG changes make a difference here. I've not found a loading case where I "needed" rudder trim with either the original or modded flight model (in the sense that there's plenty of rudder pedal authority), but I've definitely noticed that the amount changes between a full and empty airplane. 

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

The empty aircraft we get used to flying because that is the default are pretty unrealistic compared to real world ops in many of our aircraft.

It would have been better if the game defaulted to a 1/3 passenger/freight load by default.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The empty aircraft we get used to flying because that is the default are pretty unrealistic compared to real world ops in many of our aircraft.

It would have been better if the game defaulted to a 1/3 passenger/freight load by default.

I wish it was possible to set a certain load as default yourself. Afaik you can't do that. (Correct me if I am wrong.) I simply get sick and tired of 'loading' the airplane everytime I start a new flight so I lately I've been flying with an empty plane, yes. Would be nice if Asobo added an option for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1