Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dreamflight Developing McClellan-Palomar KCRQ

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I haven't explored it completely, just few seconds. Western Flight FBO patio is missing. FBO door is facing incorrect direction - ramp instead of hangar. Rotating beacon is missing (IRL it's located on top of control tower). There is an airliner parked in front of Western Flight  (not sure if developer have control over it but I didn't have AI airplane of that size in stock scenario )

If you get that other one off SimMarket lmk how it looks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I haven't explored it completely, just few seconds. Western Flight FBO patio is missing. FBO door is facing incorrect direction - ramp instead of hangar. Rotating beacon is missing (IRL it's located on top of control tower). There is an airliner parked in front of Western Flight  (not sure if developer have control over it but I didn't have AI airplane of that size in stock scenario )

Hello, 

All of this will be addressed on an update. Thanks for pointing it out. 

About the airliner, that must be some AI airplane or multiplayer user. We did not add airliners to this scenery. 

Dreamflight Studios

• Like 3

Thank you all for your support. We are very happy to read such comments, it really pays off the months of hard work that is put into each scenery. 

• Like 1

Why is the runway flat? Isn't the recent sim have the option to make it undulated?

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This is how runway looks from the ground. Note when I fly I don't see like that due to angle of view

17048_1527885258.jpg

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yep, the runway is definitely not flat and one of the major things that makes that airport so fun in real life!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Yea, that is too bad. An artificially flat runway is a no buy for me in a pay ware airport. I do not think every small change in elevation needs to be modeled, some runways are basically flat, but ones like KCRQ need to have properly modeled runways -- which to me is as important as a nicely modeled building. 

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

11 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I think this one might even look a little better! Hilarious timing.

I was like" I will never see payware KCRQ in nearest future" LOL Now - what I have two choices? LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

This is how runway looks from the ground. Note when I fly I don't see like that due to angle of view

17048_1527885258.jpg

ah ok.  Mea Culpa. Thanks guys! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

Yea, that is too bad. An artificially flat runway is a no buy for me in a pay ware airport. I do not think every small change in elevation needs to be modeled, some runways are basically flat, but ones like KCRQ need to have properly modeled runways -- which to me is as important as a nicely modeled building. 

I think it would be too hard to make the entire airport like that though.  There are many scenery bugs still in default MSFS that wouldn't allow the development of an entire airport with a runway with slight terrain changes.  I bet they had to make a tradeoff.  Plus that image was taken with a huge telephoto lens which makes the runway slope changes appear more dramatic than they actually are.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I was like" I will never see payware KCRQ in nearest future" LOL Now - what I have two choices? LOL

FYI, concerning the DreamFlight option if you do a flight plan using the default planner and try to plug in a different approach and/or runway the sim crashes.😣

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

29 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think it would be too hard to make the entire airport like that though.  There are many scenery bugs still in default MSFS that wouldn't allow the development of an entire airport with a runway with slight terrain changes.  I bet they had to make a tradeoff.  Plus that image was taken with a huge telephoto lens which makes the runway slope changes appear more dramatic than they actually are.

There are several MSFS airports (both default and 3rd party) that have runway slopes. I do agree the telephoto lens usually makes the runway slope look more dramatic, but I can say having flown into and out of that airport in real life, the runway is pretty dang close to these photos. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

43 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

There are several MSFS airports (both default and 3rd party) that have runway slopes. I do agree the telephoto lens usually makes the runway slope look more dramatic, but I can say having flown into and out of that airport in real life, the runway is pretty dang close to these photos. 

Which airports?  I'm curious now about this.  I assume the dev would have to change how the buildings sit on the land then.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |