Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dreamflight Developing McClellan-Palomar KCRQ

7 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Which airports?  I'm curious now about this.  I assume the dev would have to change how the buildings sit on the land then.

A lot of default runways have slopes. Off the top of my head for payware is LVFR KFLL. That one also has sloped taxiways too I believe.  

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Actually, the runway at Dreamflight McClellan-Palomar Airport is not flat, it has a slope.

As mentioned, the slope causes too many conflicts with the surroundings. Due to the fact that the aprons/buildings are very close to the runway, we could've make it flat, but we know the importance of the slope in this airport. 

Believe me, working with mesh in msfs has been a nightmare but we managed to have a slope at the runway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think it would be too hard to make the entire airport like that though.  There are many scenery bugs still in default MSFS that wouldn't allow the development of an entire airport with a runway with slight terrain changes.  I bet they had to make a tradeoff.  Plus that image was taken with a huge telephoto lens which makes the runway slope changes appear more dramatic than they actually are.

There is little shopping strip short final. Among other there is Starbucks at the corner. If you go outside sit in back patio this exactly how runway looks. I often take my student there for ground just to show them how wind can easily change in the "dip" - a place when we usually touch down!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I think it would be too hard to make the entire airport like that though.  There are many scenery bugs still in default MSFS that wouldn't allow the development of an entire airport with a runway with slight terrain changes.  I bet they had to make a tradeoff.  Plus that image was taken with a huge telephoto lens which makes the runway slope changes appear more dramatic than they actually are.

Perfectly explained. We faced so many problems with the mesh in this airport. As  easy as it sounds, it is not. Working with mesh in MSFS is still a pain to do, mostly when the buildings are so close to the runway. If you notice closely, you will see the different elevations all around the airport, which made it even harder to export all buildings/objects because they did not sit at the same height. 

• Like 1

Can you show us a screenshot of the runway in your McClellan-Palomar Airport add on in comparison to IRL photo at the end of the Runway of the Airport

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

10 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

Can you show us a screenshot of the runway in your McClellan-Palomar Airport add on in comparison to IRL photo at the end of the Runway of the Airport

I can't simulate that large of a telephoto lens due to the constraints of the sim drone cam but there is definitely a slope to the runway and undulations 

51850409941_49aa566a5c_o.pngcrqslope by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, mxflyer737 said:

About the airliner, that must be some AI airplane or multiplayer user. We did not add airliners to this scenery. 

Dreamflight Studios

I have multiplayer turn off at all times. There is a probably a way to set it up. I just tried another developer version of KCRQ (which is in mine opinion not as good as yours) and there are no airliners parked  on Western Flight ramp.

We have one terminal but no gates. There was several airlines that tried and failed, but because we have terminal we still have to go through TSA clearance and ger a badge 

Here how airliners look in your scenery. I encounter them every single flight. If you find way to fix it it would be great! Thank you!

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

15 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Here how airliners look in your scenery. I encounter them every single flight. If you find way to fix it it would be great! Thank you!

I don't see that at all.  But I also have traffic off.  It's possible the AI parking spot is just set to airliners.  At least it was possible to change that in the old days in FSX with the program from FS Developer. (I think it was called ADEX).  Looks like there is a alpha in progress for MSFS.  You might be able to load up their .bgl's and check it out.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-2020-alpha-21-hotfix-4.454244/

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 hours ago, Dillon said:

FYI, concerning the DreamFlight option if you do a flight plan using the default planner and try to plug in a different approach and/or runway the sim crashes.😣

I can confirm this bug Dillon....tried to select one of the RNAV approaches and CTD.

Hope they fix that, otherwise a very nice airport, flew down from KONT in the Longitude and that shortish runway looks really short on approach but no problems stopping thanks to those big clamshell reversers I love. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Republic DC9 said:

I can confirm this bug Dillon....tried to select one of the RNAV approaches and CTD.

Hope they fix that, otherwise a very nice airport, flew down from KONT in the Longitude and that shortish runway looks really short on approach but no problems stopping thanks to those big clamshell reversers I love. 🙂

Most have not noticed this yet it seems.😐

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Most have not noticed this yet it seems.

I never use flight planner.  I do all my nav in the sim.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I never use flight planner.  I do all my nav in the sim.

Once people discover this they'll start complaining about it.  It's a matter of time.  Hopefully a fix will be out by next week if the developer is monitoring the forums and reviews.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 1/30/2022 at 10:56 AM, Dillon said:

Once people discover this they'll start complaining about it.  It's a matter of time.  Hopefully a fix will be out by next week if the developer is monitoring the forums and reviews.

A fix is on the way. Thanks for the feedback!

On 2/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, mxflyer737 said:

A fix is on the way. Thanks for the feedback!

Wondering if the fix has been released? I want to purchase KCRQ on SimMarket, so hopefully that gets updates as soon as they're available.

1 hour ago, Mojave said:

Wondering if the fix has been released? I want to purchase KCRQ on SimMarket, so hopefully that gets updates as soon as they're available.

I bought it at launch and have seen no update yet, but they are likely waiting until the latest SU is dropped to everyone. Simmarket are one of the retailers that do a pretty good job of getting addon updates asap.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,