Sign in to follow this  
Andistio

X-Plane 12 Early Alpha Video

3 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Another.

Love that part about X-Plane! It gets deep into simulating forces, aerodynamics and the part about flying that actually matters. No accident it's FAA certified.

Austin is such a unique character 😂 "... shirtless guys playing volleyball ..." and I learned that F-14s don't have batteries.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GoranM said:

Why is it no surprise people are picking on an alpha?  Really

Having an opinion is not picking. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The majority of us (I hope so *) live in free countries, so we have freedom of speech. However, be prepared that an opinion can be wrong 😄 . However, and that's indeed no news at all, MSFS 2020 simulation wise just doesn’t compete with XP11 91% 😜 of the time ** - although it isn't an alpha, not even a beta - but already released since 2020.
* Just 2 days ago I read that only 45% of the world population meanwhile lives in countries which can be called "free". But that's a different story ..
** let alone XP12 ... partly even with XP10 which was released in 2011 or so.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

There are some people who are content with what they have and are happy when they get something better, that is a tiny part of the population, most are never satisfied,and no matter how good something is, no matter how many hers one has spent on something they will find something to complain about, because they have free will and so they use it. Me im just glad i will be getting something better than what I had though im mostly happy with 11

1 minute ago, mjrhealth said:

most are never satisfied,and no matter how good something is, no matter how many hers one has spent on something they will find something to complain about, because they have free will and so they use it.

Could also be known as progression, without those types of people, there would be no incentive to make things better. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjrhealth said:

There are some people who are content with what they have and are happy when they get something better, that is a tiny part of the population, most are never satisfied,and no matter how good something is, no matter how many hers one has spent on something they will find something to complain about, because they have free will and so they use it. Me im just glad i will be getting something better than what I had though im mostly happy with 11

I think you are over estimating the amount of this kind of people.

Greazer, rka opinion etc.. is as relevant as a cat choking from a hair ball. They are just vocal, which does not change reality as it is as they literaly got every single predection wrong.

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Could also be known as progression, without those types of people, there would be no incentive to make things better. 

Same people who are never impressed with x-plane are impressed with a dx12 preview mode and sliced billboars trees with trunks dancing in the wind, and a new propwash simulation that drives the plane backward while on ground.

I think we all know who those people are here, they are really not that many.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

And the world still turns. X-Plane 12 is still coming out. It’s owned by 1 man. Not shareholders. There’ll still be people like yourself complaining about something. If X-Plane doesn’t impress you, why don’t you simply move on to something you do like?  Why do you, and the others, need to make yourself heard…repetitively?  X-Plane isn’t for everyone. MSFS isn’t for me. I choose to stay here and continue to enjoy X-Plane, the way it is. If it changed to what you want, it wouldn’t interest me. Purely because it’s so flawed, with a severely lacking SDK. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Same people who are never impressed

I’m not talking about certain people, I’m  generalising. 

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

There’ll still be people like yourself complaining about something.

I wasn’t complaining, man, you’re hard work aren’t you? I was giving my opinion. 

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Why do you, and the others, need to make yourself heard

Why not? That’s the whole point in a forum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

12 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I mean, I can see the promise of this, and I was a long time XP11 user, but, visually it just doesn’t compete with MSFS 90% of the time. I am aware it’s alpha etc etc, but that just goes to show they have a long way to go. And yes this is my opinion, not a fact. If you disagree with it, so be it:-) 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

There is quite a lot of cognitive dissonance floating around.

On the one hand, its an early alpha, even says so in some of the videos, so of course there is a lot to do.

On the other, how dare anyone point out its an early alpha and that means there is a lot to do.

To be fair to those who launch into a tirade as soon as msfs visuals are mentioned tho, there is the SR22 video made by people who actually know how to put a video together, and I really challenge you to find a single thing in that which msfs does as well in it - let alone "90% of it".

Its perhaps unfortunate the "warts and all" videos dropped at the same time as that. 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m not talking about certain people, I’m  generalising. 

early alpha

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I wasn’t complaining, man, you’re hard work aren’t you? I was giving my opinion. 

No.  I'm very black and white.  If I don't like something, I stay away from it.  And their forums.  Pretty simple concept.

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why not? That’s the whole point in a forum. 

Some people like to continue to bang the same beat on the same drum.  It gets pretty boring, very quickly,

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

No.  I'm very black and white.  If I don't like something, I stay away from it.  And their forums.  Pretty simple concept.

I never said I didn’t like it. 

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

Some people like to continue to bang the same beat on the same drum.  It gets pretty boring, very quickly,

People in glass houses should not throw stones 😉 

Eehheh, these guys look so desperate ... poor fellows :-))))

Ya know what they're missing ?

Nah, not going to mention IL-2 again, not this week.... This is my "Sonant Alpaca" week....

XP's community is filled up with ugly guys - devs and users like me !  Find a "Sonant Alpaca" for the LR Team and these guys will drop their jaws...

Who's Sonant Alpaca ? Ya don't know ? ... Go find her in the last ASOBO Q&A Twitch... This is TRULLY where MFS shines over XP...  The rest is pretty much useless / sterylle discussion...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...