Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 12 Cirrus SR22 Trailer

It's a very nice video indeed !  Loved watching it - although I couldn't quite understand the initial "black" sequence ?

The other day I was commentimng with Alec the fact that whenever Austin records those videos showing him flying aircraft in XP he does so in a rather "arcadish" fashion, as if he wants to pass the message that flight siumulators are toys 🙂

They are, but still, he could at least try to interact with XP using proper controllers, correctly callibrated, and trying not to waggle the controls wildly, causing the aircraft, almost always in outside views, to jump around in a rather "freak" way 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

6 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

They don't necessary have secret agendas.

Depends how much they share about themselves. Everyone has an "agenda" in one way or another, secret ones are when they are not willing to connect their opinion with personal experience.

As a general rule of thumb a lot simply comes from some people still having faith in microsoft to deliver the things they promised, these opinions tend to fall apart very quickly as soon as you point out how rare it is that they do.

6 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

and also what others simulators show. Hopefully easily fixed.

Probobaly not that easy. Spend some time in a real sunset and sunrise with a long view distance rather than looking at other simulators. pictures do not capture them in any way (or Id post many more sunset and sunrise photos from sailing). I would say there is potentially going to be an issue with variation that ends up needing tweaking (every real world sunset and sunrise is different - but always inspiring), but ive seen ones almost exactly like in the video more than once, on friday I was driving directly into more or less exactly 1min 33 secs for its entire duration.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

although I couldn't quite understand the initial "black" sequence ?

To listen to the new sounds? 

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

It's a very nice video indeed !  Loved watching it - although I couldn't quite understand the initial "black" sequence ?

It's a technique to make the viewer focus on just the sounds. Maybe a bit too long but that's how it is.

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Probobaly not that easy. Spend some time in a real sunset and sunrise with a long view distance rather than looking at other simulators. pictures do not capture them in any way (or Id post many more sunset and sunrise photos from sailing). I would say there is potentially going to be an issue with variation that ends up needing tweaking (every real world sunset and sunrise is different - but always inspiring), but ive seen ones almost exactly like in the video more than once, on friday I was driving directly into more or less exactly 1min 33 secs for its entire duration.

You don't know what i have seen and how often i see it 😛 Taking pictures of sunrises and sunsets kind of require you to use your own eyes first, to point the camera at it. And at least here in Italy that means i am able to see the sun and not just a white-ish blob of light on the horizon. I am sure it can happen, is it however the norm or what would be the most representative display of a sunset? Probably not!

Anyhow about this, we'll see once we can get our hands on it and even before once streamers and videomakers gets the go ahead.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

9 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

By the way, by making such posts you are deteriorating discussions just like they are.

He is only pointing out the obvious in their action of how they want to charge over and make the depiction outside of the contents of what Austin wants to show and turn the focus to what they want to find wrong in alpha after given a caveat in the video. Yet they prefer they choose to ignore it for the sake of having an opinion heard. However, their absent here speaks volumes that shows the lack of objectivity claiming themselves as X plane users, won’t cut it when they can’t acknowledge the progress of what LR is making in this sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

These are my favourite bits

D4VaEJa.png

8IPGpqm.png

pLXaIxj.png

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

we'll see once we can get our hands on it

Well, "nows the time" to get requests for changes in, JGregory recently made it public that I'm the kind of person you actually need to convince:

On 2/12/2022 at 6:21 AM, JGregory said:

especially for a dev alpha tester.

I don't find your "my eyes in Italy" comment particularly convincing that there is anything wrong with that second screen capture, especially as, like I said, my drive back on Friday looked pretty much exactly like that, albiet on the same continent as you rather than LA.

AutoATC Developer

There are a lot of elements to like in this video. Scenery is definitely headed in the right direction, but to be honest, it is select POIs shown in the most flattering light. Not saying it is bad, but is marketing. Lighting, though, is a definite standout. 

As a Cirrus TCI, I'm really excited at the prospect of a deeply modeled SR. Glad to see the Perspective+ layout in this plane. Hopefully the underlying Garmin NXi is well fleshed out. Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chris

14 hours ago, snglecoil said:

As a Cirrus TCI, I'm really excited at the prospect of a deeply modeled SR. Glad to see the Perspective+ layout in this plane. Hopefully the underlying Garmin NXi is well fleshed out. Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Oh is the default SR supposed to be much more in depth than usual default XP aircraft?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

31 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh is the default SR supposed to be much more in depth than usual default XP aircraft?

We’ll, maybe wishful thinking on my part. I’d love to see someone do an SR22 really well…a 22T with O2 and FIKI systems would be even better. The plane is extremely capable, but not all that mysterious or complex in terms of basic systems and operation. Cirrus’ strength is in its tight integration of the G1000 NXi and all human interface elements like the FMS panel, autopilot, audio panel, etc. that make up the Perspective+ suite. I think I saw a clip where one of the developers said the FMS panel was fully functional. That’s a great start. And in this latest video, the engine page appears to be pretty complete. The G1000 in the video has some NXi-like elements shown, but others may not yet be developed? Or weren’t shown? Hopefully won’t be omitted. 

Of course the really big question…is CAPS enabled 😁

Chris

7 hours ago, mSparks said:

I actually bought their first SR22 - the G1000 version.  I did like it but it was sort of at the end of my XP11 usage.  I might consider their Avidyne version with GTN's for XP12 assuming all that software comes to XP12.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 2/13/2022 at 7:17 AM, mtaxp said:

this is the one that got ignored

Maybe because the video shows hardly anything, that these guys don't already have. Besides the oxygen subsystem and the puddles.

1 hour ago, mrueedi said:

Maybe because the video shows hardly anything, that these guys don't already have. Besides the oxygen subsystem and the puddles.

How this claim stands based on the fact they chose instead to criticize the visuals of an outdated alpha that was showed for the new airplanes? And please don't give me the "people react to what they see" claim as those same users got a perfect explanation, multiple times, regarding the fact that the scenery they currently see in v12 IS v11 scenery as a placeholder. 

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mtaxp said:

the fact that the scenery they currently see in v12 IS v11 scenery as a placeholder. 

But more importantly - still failed to convince anyone any other sim can do better.

AutoATC Developer