Sign in to follow this  
G550flyer

Simbrief + MSFS

Greetings All,

I am sure this has been mentioned before and maybe I missed it. There seems to be an issue where the route is changed when you load a simbrief flight plan. The flight plan is fine at first load, but it starts you from the runway. When you choose a gate, it adjusts the flight plan. It appears there is no way to adjust the flight plan to correct it. The only work around I know of is to let it start you at the runway and then taxi to the gate even though you already have gotten your take off clearance. This is such a pain. Is there an easier method or setting I can use to keep it from changing the flight plan if I change the runway?

Rick

• Like 1

Which plane are you using? I never use the MSFS flight planner. If using the CJ4 or the FBW, I start at the gate and then go from there. Upload the simbrief flightplan and the runway should be the same one.

57 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Which plane are you using? I never use the MSFS flight planner. If using the CJ4 or the FBW, I start at the gate and then go from there. Upload the simbrief flightplan and the runway should be the same one.

It does it with every plane. Worked fine before the last couple of updates. I pull simbrief into the MSFS planner in order to have ATC. I have PF3 and pilot2atc, but I prefer the simplicity and voice quality of MSFS ATC. It's no fuss and more inline with my real world flying.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, G550flyer said:

When you choose a gate, it adjusts the flight plan.

Choose the gate from the drop down menu up top. Do not choose it from the zoomed in map.

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

3 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Choose the gate from the drop down menu up top. Do not choose it from the zoomed in map.

...jim

That's exactly how I do it. I choose it from the departure drop down and it changes the route.

When you select the departure. make sure it is not loading a Sid. If so, change it to direct before you start the flight/ 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

On 2/26/2022 at 11:17 AM, Bobsk8 said:

When you select the departure. make sure it is not loading a Sid. If so, change it to direct before you start the flight/ 

Tried it and it didn't work. No matter what, MSFS is destined to make a route change when a SID is involved and you select a departure gate

can confirm.  it sucks.   I use pilot2atc now, but I hear what you are saying.  

I wonder if it's possible to add gates to the plan file, so that either Simbrief or another app might eventually do this?  I understand that working title is helping fix the planner and ATC, but I can't imagine it's going to be anytime soon.

I'm bringing this back from the dead because I do many IFR flights a week, and I'm hoping for a fix.

I always create the IFR flight in Simbrief, then download the .pln. After loading the .pln, most of the time if I have to make a change to the FP, it throws the loaded FP out of wack. I find myself entering the FP manually and it's a PITA.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a solution to this time consumer?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

They broke this in SU5 and are apparently bringing the fix for this in SU10. The entire flight planner needs a re-write imo.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

apparently bringing the fix for this in SU10.

This is great news. I wonder if this is something that the folks testing the beta can confirm?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, CFIJose said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has a solution to this time consumer?

Until this gets fixed, this is what I have been doing:

1. Load my Simbrief plan into MSFS 
  2. Select my gate or parking from the scroll down menu (you can view which space you want to use by zooming to the airport detailed view and move your mouse - without clicking - on the airport map).

My plans are not affected at all.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,