Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Runway Awareness and Advisory System (RAAS) - Beta test

On 3/17/2022 at 11:16 PM, vgbaron said:

Just as a fyi - pulled onto RWY 26 at NTTP -  all announcements as expected - started takeoff run and started getting "on taxiway" messages while I was straight down the centerline.

Vic

I wanted to try your scenario, but there is no parking declared to start from in default airport.

Which custom scenery do you have? Did you run MakeRunways with your custom scenery enabled?

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the problem. It's because that runway entry is near the middle of the runway. If you don't taxi backward but want to take off immediately, then you don't reach the take off speed threshold before switching to the 08 half part. In that case RAAS think that you are taxiing to the 08, but not yet aligned of course. Not sure how I can solve that very specific case.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

This is awesome. I will rate and review after a few days of use. Instead, why not just ask questions here instead of reviewing first?

I did notice that after using it for a flight, landing, then shutting down: it still says "RAAS test etc" after I have turned the battery and avionics off. Then, when I reload to a different location and try to start, RAAS no longer works. I had to completely exit the simulator to get it to work again. Otherwise, when it works...its awesome!

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Do you start RAAS manually?

Which aircraft are you using? At least with the CRJ and the FBW, the battery status is read always ON, even when off.

Can you detail a bit the scenario:

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

then shutting down: it still says "RAAS test etc" after I have turned the battery and avionics off

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

4 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Do you start RAAS manually?

Which aircraft are you using? At least with the CRJ and the FBW, the battery status is read always ON, even when off.

Can you detail a bit the scenario:

I have it set to use on auto, as by the instructions in the manual pdf and on this forum.

I tried it with the Kodiak and Seneca but not the CRJ or FBW. I was in KPDX from KAST in the Kodiak, then back to main menu and tried from 4s2 to KPDX but it didn't work. I quit the sim entirely then tried again from KAST to KPDX and it worked.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Unfortunately, I deleted everything. Including the Makerunways and its file for now. It stopped working after multiple attempts. I will re-install maybe later.

Hi, following a user request, I prepared a beta version 3.7 with an option to get runway length announcements in meter unit instead of feet. As FSUIPC allows a single start argument, the TTS voice id parameter must be set to a negative value to switch in meter unit. 

Start line example:

Lua RAAS, -2

If you want to try this beta, here is a direct link: (contains only the lua script to copy in your FSUIPC7 main folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMM_IVUd1zl5o-uCdbMbZmNJUvNw_nsX/view?usp=sharing

Roland

45 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Hi, following a user request, I prepared a beta version 3.7 with an option to get runway length announcements in meter unit instead of feet. As FSUIPC allows a single start argument, the TTS voice id parameter must be set to a negative value to switch in meter unit. 

Start line example:

Lua RAAS, -2

If you want to try this beta, here is a direct link: (contains only the lua script to copy in your FSUIPC7 main folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMM_IVUd1zl5o-uCdbMbZmNJUvNw_nsX/view?usp=sharing

It was not my request, but it works perfectly. Merci bien! 

• Like 1

Hi, version 3.8 available:

- Added alternative logic to detect runway during Off-centre approach
(like for example at Tivat LYTV runway 32, or Nantes LFRS runway 21)

>>> Here

Roland

Really, really awesome tool 🙂

Its a shame only so few people know about it. Its giving nearly the same features as FS2Crews RAAS but for free 🙂

Thank you so much!

Best regards Andi 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your kind words. It's a classic behaviour these days, many people think payware must be better because it's ... Payware 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roland

Hi, a new RAAS version 3.9 is online:

new math to avoid unexpected runway annoucements during taxi, far from runway but in its axis vicinity on some complex airports (i.e. LEMD, KBNA...)

>>>> Available at SIMVOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roland

I've been using this for about a month and it's superb! Thank you. 

Is it possible to turn the "unstable" annos off? I'm on the glide & fully configured but I get a lot of "unstable, unstable." I understand I can change the airport elevation(s), but it would be easier for me to just switch off this one announcement. 

Thank you!