Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

Long Frames/Stutters

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

They are all unoptimised for v5. 

Compress the textures, turn off msaa. 

Oh, wow - did not know this, thanks!  Got a favourite bulk texture compressing tool?

7 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

JobScheduler]
;AffinityMask=4095
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4095
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

That’s what’s not helping. Change it to...

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=4053
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4053
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=2

You have the same number of cores in your CPU as mine with Hyperthreading enabled. These settings will remove the excess load on the first three virtual processors.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s what’s not helping. Change it to...

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=4053
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4053
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=2

You have the same number of cores in your CPU as mine with Hyperthreading enabled. These settings will remove the excess load on the first three virtual processors.

Thanks for this Ray.

I applied this and unfortunately it did not help.  The long frame/stutter issue remains every 1-2 seconds.

Daniel

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, Daniel Baker said:

PHNL also has crazy elevation issues after long flights (certain objects floating, on angles, etc.)  I haven't seen this behaviour at any other complex add-on airports.

That really surprises me as it should have made things considerably smoother. But picking up on what you wrote on your first post I've just positioned at PHNL in a PA12 and slewed up to 300ft. I then slewed through 360 degrees and it was totally smooth. And that's with a 1080Ti running at 4K.

I have unlimited set with VSync on, Ultra 4096 graphics plus 50 AIG Ai aircraft injected. This elevation issue suggests you have other software installed you haven't mentioned. It wouldn't be Orbx Vector by any chance would it?

It's known to impact in this way. Disable it and try again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

Thanks for this Ray.

I applied this and unfortunately it did not help.  The long frame/stutter issue remains every 1-2 seconds.

I would keep the setting Ray recommended because it will be helping your system to keep the framerate up during flight over new scenery by avoiding scenery gathering tasks sharing cores with main tasks. However it does eliminate core sharing as a possibility for your stutter, instead you need to look elsewhere for the reason for the stutter.

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

10 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Got a favourite bulk texture compressing tool?

'Ordenador - Optimizer Game'
Available here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/

Here are some limited guides on how to downscale textures in a flight sim context:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/478347-note-to-users-of-vfr-genx-englandwales-and-es-treescapes/?tab=comments#comment-3493897

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/471107-guide-to-mipmapping-and-optimising-textures/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The textures don’t need compressing, honest. If my modest 1080Ti can handle such modest scenery then a 3090 won’t even break sweat.

The problem is elsewhere and if the OP has Vector that’s where I’d be looking.

And just to clarify my monitor runs at 30Hz natively.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can confirm like others , on my system removing Vector as considerably removed stutters much smoother now after several hours testing 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Beat me too it. 

I use the nexus mod tool. 

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That really surprises me as it should have made things considerably smoother. But picking up on what you wrote on your first post I've just positioned at PHNL in a PA12 and slewed up to 300ft. I then slewed through 360 degrees and it was totally smooth. And that's with a 1080Ti running at 4K.

I have unlimited set with VSync on, Ultra 4096 graphics plus 50 AIG Ai aircraft injected. This elevation issue suggests you have other software installed you haven't mentioned. It wouldn't be Orbx Vector by any chance would it?

It's known to impact in this way. Disable it and try again.

No, I never use vector.

5 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

No, I never use vector.

You’re not giving me much help. What other software do you have installed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re not giving me much help. What other software do you have installed?

You're right, my apologies for the brevity of my reply - I'm bouncing in and out of this thread between work assignments.

Let's see:

ActiveSky P3D 8080 Build

ASCA 7884 Build

FSUIPC6 (no logging)

Linda 3.3.4

AIG (FSUIPC upper limit 60, lower 25.  FPS Target of 30) Long frame/stutter persists with traffic @ 0% or 100%

GSX

PMDG (737, 747, 777)

FsLabs (all models)

AS330

QW787

Envshade

Any concerns with any of these?

22 hours ago, SteveW said:

I would keep the setting Ray recommended because it will be helping your system to keep the framerate up during flight over new scenery by avoiding scenery gathering tasks sharing cores with main tasks. However it does eliminate core sharing as a possibility for your stutter, instead you need to look elsewhere for the reason for the stutter.

I certainly will, thanks Steve.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Any concerns with any of these?

All should be okay. Try the simple thing of deleting your Prepar3d.cfg and let P3D generate a new one. You'll need to set your preferences again.

Also delete the contents of the shaders folder. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\LM\Prepar3D\Shaders.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

AIG (FSUIPC upper limit 60, lower 25.  FPS Target of 30) Long frame/stutter persists with traffic @ 0% or 100%

I experienced this when using traffic limiter in FSUIPC ONLY when using AGIAIM AND AIGTC.

Reason: Everytime the FSUIPC Traffic limiter "eliminates" the traffic volume above your liking (set value in FSUIPC = 60), AIGTC will inject them again, and this could cause stutter.

I´m not sure if this is the stutter you describe, but try it without AIGTC for one time please and report back if this helped.

Another thing to try:

Disable Indexing via:
Control Panel

Search for:
Indexing Options
Modify
Untick every checkbox
Click "Show all locations" and untick every checkbox here too
Klick OK

Another one:

Open Powershell as Admin

Copy Paste and hit enter
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

undo via copy paste below and hit enter (only if you encounter issues with the above command)
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no

Last one:

Disable File Last Accessed Timestamping
Every time a file in Windows is read, it updates the file attribute that indicates the last time the file was read. 
Given the number of files that Prepar3D reads, this can provide a very slight boost to your scenery loading/paging performance.

Open up a command prompt window that is running as administrator (Powershell).
Type "c:" (where "c:" is the drive that contains Prepar3D and/or your add-ons) and hit enter
type "fsutil behavior set DisableLastAccess 3" (without the quotes) and hit enter.

or revert with

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0

Standard is "0"

This works with Win 7 through Win 10, perhaps with others.

NOTE!! Do this for all drives where P3D and Addons are located at

Success!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png