Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

PMDG Update

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Yeah its all in the options within the FMC.

Nice to know, could you give us more details on this please

4 minutes ago, bendead said:

If you don't perform maintenance when you need to, bad things will happen.

Many users won't ever see this, as they don't fly their PMDG planes as much as a real airline flies their real airplanes. So we rarely get enough hours on the plane to hit those maintenance intervals. Especially since FSX/P3d liked to destroy itself every once in awhile, and then you had to reinstall everything including the addon aircraft, which reset your maintenance trackers to 0 again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

Many users won't ever see this, as they don't fly their PMDG planes as much as a real airline flies their real airplanes. So we rarely get enough hours on the plane to hit those maintenance intervals. Especially since FSX/P3d liked to destroy itself every once in awhile, and then you had to reinstall everything including the addon aircraft, which reset your maintenance trackers to 0 again.

I think this was the idea behind the Operations Center (or whatever they call it) where a 737 tail number would be used by multiple simmers, hours totaled up and panel states saved from the last user and then the service based failures implemented.  Only problem is this is a subscription service and not really of interest to me.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

15 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

Sorry Alan,

I hate to disappoint you, BUT...

The Earth is approximately 71% Water. The oceans and rivers are uncarbonated. So, technically... The Earth IS flat.

take a little  boat into the middle of tha.t flat water in the huricane season and say that again.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

I tried to vet the 73x cockpit videos on YT to try and find the resemblance, but couldn't. Am I alone in thinking this needs to be retextured a bit?

spacer.png

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, bendead said:

I believe the options are located in the ground crew functions. Im not at my computer at the moment. I hate to be a butt head but i just got done working a red eye and flying the real thing. The last thing I want is to fire up p3d and sit in front of a fake 737. 

if i get to it today, ill report back.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

19 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I tried to vet the 73x cockpit videos on YT to try and find the resemblance, but couldn't. Am I alone in thinking this needs to be retextured a bit?

spacer.png

Whats wrong with it? It has that bumpy texture in the real airplane. Just curious.

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, eslader said:

Correct me if wrong but isnt there a “mean time to failure” option where it speeds things up so one can experience mechanical issues?

Matt kubanda

2 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Whats wrong with it? It has that bumpy texture in the real airplane. Just curious.

Looks pretty ugly, it also doesn't look this way in the real 737, at least based on what I've seen. Could be depicted a little better for this day in age is what I'm saying.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Looks pretty ugly, it also doesn't look this way in the real 737, at least based on what I've seen. Could be depicted a little better for this day in age is what I'm saying.

Ah like the resolution of the texture itself? That makes sense. I agree.

I don’t  know if i agree with you on your first point though. I think the look of it is pretty darn close to whats in the real thing.

Matt kubanda

11 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I believe the options are located in the ground crew functions. Im not at my computer at the moment. I hate to be a butt head but i just got done working a red eye and flying the real thing. The last thing I want is to fire up p3d and sit in front of a fake 737. 

if i get to it today, ill report back.

NGX

It's under OPTIONS -> SIMULATION - Service Based Failures.

From the manual:

Service Based failures will provide you with a highly realistic simulation of failures on and operational airplane. As you fly the simulator, the total flight time and system operation of the airplane is tracked. The combination of factors will be compared against known data predicting the Mean Time Before Failure for every component on the airplane.
As failures take place, you will need to use the Quick Reference Handbook to resolve the failures and your judgment as captain to determine whether it is feasible to continue on to your destination, or whether a diversion for maintenance is required.
When operating under the serviced based failures process, you may fly for many hours without seeing any mechanical unreliability in your airplane. Conversely you experience a streak of mechanical failures from the mundane to the critical.
When operating with the Service Based Failures module active, it will be necessary to occasionally have your airplane “serviced” by your line maintenance crews.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tommyh454 said:

NGX

It's under OPTIONS -> SIMULATION - Service Based Failures.

From the manual:

Service Based failures will provide you with a highly realistic simulation of failures on and operational airplane. As you fly the simulator, the total flight time and system operation of the airplane is tracked. The combination of factors will be compared against known data predicting the Mean Time Before Failure for every component on the airplane.
As failures take place, you will need to use the Quick Reference Handbook to resolve the failures and your judgment as captain to determine whether it is feasible to continue on to your destination, or whether a diversion for maintenance is required.
When operating under the serviced based failures process, you may fly for many hours without seeing any mechanical unreliability in your airplane. Conversely you experience a streak of mechanical failures from the mundane to the critical.
When operating with the Service Based Failures module active, it will be necessary to occasionally have your airplane “serviced” by your line maintenance crews.

Good stuff! Thanks for clarifying and elaborating. 

the actual servicing options are in the ground crew stuff right? 

Matt kubanda

5 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Good stuff! Thanks for clarifying and elaborating. 

the actual servicing options are in the ground crew stuff right? 

Maintenance Sub Menu 

The following functions are available to you in the maintenance page:
<CLR ACTIVE: When failures are triggered, you can use the CLR ACTIVE button to reset any failures that have already been triggered.
<CLR ALL: This will clear failures that have already triggered as well as failures that are armed to be triggered at a later time. NEXT SERVICE IN: This indicates to you the approximate amount of time until the next service period for the airplane is due.
<SERVICE ALL: This setting allows you to simulate the effect of maintenance personnel servicing the airplane in accordance with the normal maintenance schedule. It is worth noting that flight crews normally have very little interaction with the routine servicing of an airliner. The servicing process is generally managed by the airline maintenance department and is largely transparent to the crew. In this case however, you are responsible for complying with the service requirements for the airplane to ensure that the airplane remains in proper mechanical condition.

24 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

But then it won’t have acceptable frames on Xbox…!

Chris Camp

31 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I personally would like for PMDG just get the thing out the door and worry about all the nickel-dime texture stuff later 😅

• Like 3