Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

1 hour ago, DanBirasi said:

Can confirm all of what Sonosuto said. And i know it's a matter of personal taste, but i like some more scratches on the windscreen.

Many like clean windows, there is a mod already https://flightsim.to/file/30046/cessna-414-aw-clean-windows

Maybe have an option on the EFB to select clean / default with scratches & fingerprints?

------------------------------------------------------------

Error in Pilot Manual Version 1.5:

On page 32 with external view pointing at "Left Heat Exchanger Inlet" shows "See page 13 for control knobs" but does not show on page 13 that shows only "Magnetos & Starters" switches.

I'm guessing it's on page 9 or 10? 

----------------------------------------------------------

No mention in fixes 1.4.0 and will test.

Can you still open side windows with scroll wheel even when locked and or EFB in the way?

In VR using an HP Reverb G2

Opening the man cabin door from internal view, switching to external view it shows open briefly but then is closed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When main cabin door is open and you taxi it closed automatically and can't be openen at all afterwards. 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

I can no longer use the GNS530 liveries in hotfix 1.4.0, in the cockpit view I now see a GTN750 with a blank white screen rather than the Garmin GNS530 and this is true with all GNS530 variants. I’ve reinstalled hotfix 1.4.0 and the same issue occurred. If I roll back to hotfix 1.3.2 it correctly displays the GNS530.

7 hours ago, ark said:

I see now what you mean. Due to a bug that slipped in during the update, I think all the 3-way switches may be "backwards". FSW may put out a hot fix for this tomorrow.

Al

I confirm that in beta 1.4.0 landing lights stay in the wing & off if switch is on and they come out the wing & on when switch is Off 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

14 hours ago, Sender46 said:

As per the POH, I checked the Gear Warning Horn but that wasn't working at all, not even with the test button.  I would have thought that should at least still be working on test but maybe I'm wrong.

Oops, I now realise I wasn't testing correctly.  I should have retarded the throttles one at a time while pressing the test button. (Unable to edit previous post to correct this.)

Edited by Sender46

I am having the same issue as Virtual Reality Pilot with the GNS530 version. Just seeing a white GTN750 screen?

Before Beta 1.4.0 I could set the desired FPM in VS mode on the ground before activating the autopilot, to be ready for when I activated the autopilot it in the air.  Now with Beta 1.4.0 I can't set the FPM on the ground, even with the autopilot activated.  (Using PMS50 GTN 750)

EDIT:  Took off, AP on in VS mode, 1500 FPM climb set but VS mode not working.  HDG and ALT modes not working either 😞

Edited by Sender46

1 hour ago, Virtual Reality Pilot said:

I can no longer use the GNS530 liveries in hotfix 1.4.0, in the cockpit view I now see a GTN750 with a blank white screen rather than the Garmin GNS530 and this is true with all GNS530 variants. I’ve reinstalled hotfix 1.4.0 and the same issue occurred. If I roll back to hotfix 1.3.2 it correctly displays the GNS530.

Same issue here.

The HSI compass card still cannot be adjusted.  It moves a little initially but then flicks back to where it was.

Edited by Sender46

Just tried to take off on runway 11 at Inverness (EGPE) with a tailwind of 13 knots (272/13) and I was totally unable keep the plane on the runway, it basically veered off to the right in a 30 degree turn. Then turned around and tried runway 29; again an aggressive turn, this time to the left. Started already at around 25 knots of speed.

Turned around again and took off from runway 23; perfect takeoff. It seems to me that the wind has an overly exaggerated effect on the airframe. Not sure if this was already mentioned here but I didn'nt want to read through 46 pages of beta findings.

Jack

Edited by jschaper

4 minutes ago, jschaper said:

Just tried to take off on runway 11 at Inverness (EGPE) with a tailwind of 13 knots (272/13) and I was totally unable keep the plane on the runway, it basically veered off to the right in a 30 degree turn. Then turned around and tried runway 29; again an aggressive turn, this time to the left. Started already at around 25 knots of speed.

Turned around again and took off from runway 23; perfect takeoff. It seems to me that the wind has an overly exaggerated effect on the airframe. Not sure if this was already mentioned here but I didn'nt want to read through 46 pages of beta findings.

Jack

FWIW I have witnessed such behavior but it is not isolated to the 414. In all cases, when a plane veers of RWY I restart the scenario and the majority of the time the plane performs as expected the second time around. While I too see this as a bug I believe it is more platform related and less specific plane related. 

YMMV. TANSTAAFL 

-B

3 hours ago, SparkySven said:

Many like clean windows, there is a mod already https://flightsim.to/file/30046/cessna-414-aw-clean-windows

Maybe have an option on the EFB to select clean / default with scratches & fingerprints?

------------------------------------------------------------

Error in Pilot Manual Version 1.5:

On page 32 with external view pointing at "Left Heat Exchanger Inlet" shows "See page 13 for control knobs" but does not show on page 13 that shows only "Magnetos & Starters" switches.

I'm guessing it's on page 9 or 10? 

No mention in fixes 1.4.1 (Tested)

Can you still open side windows with scroll wheel even when locked and or EFB in the way.

No mention in fixes 1.4.1 (Tested)

In VR using an HP Reverb G2

Opening the man cabin door from internal view, switching to external view it shows open briefly but then is closed. (see my video) Latest GTN 750  RELEASE V2.1.25 works perfect with approach procedure, see full full flight in video, works perfectly. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

No mention in fixes 1.4.1 (Will test it)

When main cabin door is open and you taxi it closed automatically and can't be openen at all afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Sender46 said:

The HSI compass card still cannot be adjusted.  It moves a little initially but then flicks back to where it was.

My understanding is the HSI card is controlled by a fluxgate which automatically resets the card.

Al

2 hours ago, Sender46 said:

Before Beta 1.4.0 I could set the desired FPM in VS mode on the ground before activating the autopilot, to be ready for when I activated the autopilot it in the air.  Now with Beta 1.4.0 I can't set the FPM on the ground, even with the autopilot activated.  (Using PMS50 GTN 750)

EDIT:  Took off, AP on in VS mode, 1500 FPM climb set but VS mode not working.  HDG and ALT modes not working either 😞

I don't have this problem, at least not in the TDS GTN750 ver of the plane. In what ver are you seeing this?

Al

3 hours ago, Virtual Reality Pilot said:

Same here issue. Hopefully this is on top priority as it makes it impossible to fly with the GNS530.

Tried removing the PMS 750 and still same issue.

Edited by Booms