Sign in to follow this  
crazyferret237

How well will my PC run MSFS?

There's tons and tons of other posts asking the same question. Some with lower specs, some with higher specs. I will say however, if you're used to Xplane or P3D, you'll be happy to know that MSFS is a modern piece of software that has been optimized for modern hardware. People are getting really, really good results with specs much less than yours. 

• Like 4

You can see my specs are somewhat similar. Mine will not do 1440 satisfactorly. Will do high end on 2K, Ultra almost everything and 150 render, LOD sliders on 200.  Only stuttering is with the new Heathrow payware airport. No stutters at Fly Tampa Las Vegas or any of the Asobo bespoke airports.

I would stay with a 2K monitor. Even a big screen one is cheap. I use 34" curved 2K monitor.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, crazyferret237 said:

What kind on FPS would i get for that in MSFS? TIA

27,893 fps

5 hours ago, crazyferret237 said:

What kind on FPS would i get for that in MSFS?

that is here the question: and here is the 1 $ answer to find out yourself:

Game Pass Ultimate - Get your first month for $1.00

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/pc-game-pass/cfq7ttc0kgq8

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

At 1440p, you should be able to maintain 30 FPS at the High-End preset with maybe a few small tweaks required for some specific areas.

Here is a video with the RTX 2060 at 1440p and High-End, very few dips below 30 FPS.

And here is another one testing the RTX 2060 at many different presets and resolutions. Over rural areas, Ultra should be doable.

Keep in mind that these videos are from 2020 so your results might be slightly different nowadays. The CPU shouldn't be a concern as you'll likely be GPU-limited at all times. I would also recommend the Game Pass route if you're still feeling unsure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazyferret237 said:

I7-9700 CPU

16g ram

RTX 2060 6gb vram

I like to run games in 1440p if possible on higher end settings. What kind on FPS would i get for that in MSFS? TIA

My old rig was almost exactly that.

Basically with high/ultra settings at 1440p  it sat around 30 to 35 fps except in places like holding short at O'Hare in Chicago where it dropped a bit.  

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

You can see my specs are somewhat similar. Mine will not do 1440 satisfactorly. Will do high end on 2K, Ultra almost everything and 150 render, LOD sliders on 200.  Only stuttering is with the new Heathrow payware airport. No stutters at Fly Tampa Las Vegas or any of the Asobo bespoke airports.

I would stay with a 2K monitor. Even a big screen one is cheap. I use 34" curved 2K monitor.

You habe your LOD and render slider that high? I thought 100 for both is good enough? Do you think it adds a lot? 

Victor Roos

7 hours ago, crazyferret237 said:

I7-9700 CPU

16g ram

RTX 2060 6gb vram

I like to run games in 1440p if possible on higher end settings. What kind on FPS would i get for that in MSFS? TIA

The settings will be your best friend. Give it a try and see for yourself if you like it it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have an older rig (I7-7700, 32 GB ram, 980ti, two m.2nvme drives) that runs 1440 on high setting wonderfully. If you listen to nVidia's hype over the years, the 2060 is suppose to be on par with the 980 but then that's what nVidia always says about newer hardware.

James

9 hours ago, Victoroos said:

You habe your LOD and render slider that high? I thought 100 for both is good enough? Do you think it adds a lot? 

Yep, the fps stays high enough at Ultra almost everything and 150 render, LOD sliders on 200. One LOD slider can be set all the way to 400, but I can't really go that high.

Here's a video someone did about how someone new to the game might want to set the settings (she is using a 'crappy 4K TV monitor):

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.