Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

No workers at airport

Hi all. I am using the SU9 beta. I am also using AIG. I have noticed that there are no airport workers when I start a new session. The pushback truck will come up to the plane with no person there. I don't see any people walking around the airport and I have the airport workers setting set to 100%.

Can anyone explain what I might have wrong that there are no workers at the airport?

Thanks.

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

Have you checked in General Options, Traffic, Worker Density?  It is a slider.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Have you checked in General Options, Traffic, Worker Density?  It is a slider.

Yes, as stated, it is set to 100%

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

I'm also on SU9 Beta (and have AIG installed) and have workers present, same as SU8. My first thought is that you have something in your community folder that is conflicting and/or bugged. Have you tried with an empty community folder?

Note: If you have a lot of stuff in your community folder, it is well worth getting the Addons Linker (if you haven't already). Makes this kind of troubleshooting a lot easier.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Hi,

It happens many times.

It is related with some add-on. In order to restore the airport services, you have to find the add-on that causes the issue. As JimBrown has said, Addon Linker is very helpful.

Regards.

What I do when I have noticed that this has happened is to go onto flightsim.to and find the last half dozen or so airports I have installed since I realised something was amiss and move them out to a temp folder. Then add them one by one back into the community folder until you find the culprit.

Edited by jarmstro

Based on what it is like at work at the moment on the ramp at EGCC, what with the massive staff shortage problem (and it's apparently a similar story at many other airports too, nearly all of them in the UK) it is in fact super-realistic to have hardly any workers at the airport.🤣

It would actually be even more realistic if, when you taxied in onto the stand, it took several hours for the ramp staff to get to you, loads of passengers bag did not travel, and you got pushed out for departure two hours later than you were supposed to. Some Loganair and BA crews have told me they have waited up to four hours at Birmingham for ramp staff to get to them.

That's why I'm going in work three hours earlier tomorrow. So it seems MSFS really is 'as real as it gets'! 😮

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 hours ago, Rob G said:

Hi all. I am using the SU9 beta. I am also using AIG. I have noticed that there are no airport workers when I start a new session. The pushback truck will come up to the plane with no person there. I don't see any people walking around the airport and I have the airport workers setting set to 100%.

Can anyone explain what I might have wrong that there are no workers at the airport?

Thanks.

To find the conflict you can do a search in your add-on for *.psb files the add-ons that contain these files if not written well, are able to eliminate the trucks and the men on the ground, I have daily reports from my "My Replacement Assistance Trucks" clients who have such conflicts and don't see trucks on ground.

Edited by Alex.C

You can also try:

Deleting all files in:

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\

and

deleting content.xml from C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Do they actually do anything? Most of the time they just stand there and look clueless get chewed up "if reality" by a propeller. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Do they actually do anything? Most of the time they just stand there and look clueless get chewed up "if reality" by a propeller. 

I think they mostly are annoying.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |