Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

A32X quick start pic?

Can anyone add like 1, 2, 3 etc numbers to my pic here?  I never use Airbus and I don't have a lot of time to watch a YT video for startup.

How do I fire up this thing?  I assume I have to take the power levers out of cut off to introduce fuel?

52013212797_803060d518_k.jpgA32X start by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1) Turn on EXT Power

After that, I think the standard procedure is to work your way through each top panel (left to right) and going from top to bottom in each.

Pardon me, but I'm not entirely sure why you can't sit through any of the many startup videos out there, but expect others to spend time typing up a whole series of instructions <??>.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I don't think you can show the start up procedure just by numbering the overhead.  You'd need the centre pedestal, FMGC, FCU etc and text to explain the context of when to do what.  

Once you watch a video or two it will quickly become second nature, the A320 is very user friendly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I don't think you can show the start up procedure just by numbering the overhead.  You'd need the centre pedestal, FMGC, FCU etc and text to explain the context of when to do what. 

Yep ... I just didn't get that far 😉 .. before I realised it'd actually take quite a while to type the complete startup procedure here!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

spacer.png

Then on the center pedestal turn the white knob between to engine switches to the right. Flip one up, after start flip 2 up and you’re running. 

With all the fly-by-wire systems you REALLY need to program the FMC and understand the bizarre (if you’re coming from Boeing) autopilot. But that’ll get your engines started! 

Edited by haskell

Eddie
KABQ

28 minutes ago, haskell said:

spacer.png

Then on the center pedestal turn the white knob between to engine switches to the right. Flip one up, after start flip 2 up and you’re running. 

With all the fly-by-wire systems you REALLY need to program the FMC and understand the bizarre (if you’re coming from Boeing) autopilot. But that’ll get your engines started! 

Thanks.  That'll get me started ...and then maybe I can grab a tutorial on break tomo6at work hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's pretty involved. This is the way I do it, because the checklist is confusing. I followed it a few times and it works but it's time consuming.  I can do it in 8 mins or so. Basically, what Haskell has but I don't use Ext Power. Plus there is a lot more to it, after all of those buttons.

-Battery 2 switches.

APU Master

APU start 

Wait approx. 1 min for the noise ding ding, screens power up.  Adjust screen intensity.

then hit APU Bleed. Make sure everything is good in the APU page on the lower ECAM.

Extinguish white lights. (or the jet wont start)  They are fuel pumps.   and crew oxygen I think.

IMPORTANT: SWITCH all 3 ADIRS switches to NAV for the the 7 minutes, watch progress.  "IR ALIGN IN 6 MIN" You will not be able to navigate with out this step.

As you are waiting,  Load flight from Simbrief or manual program FMC when sim brief inevitably enters the flight plan wrong,  Hit the PERF page enter, V1, V2, V3, flaps flex to temp. I use flex to temp at 53-60 for the most part.  there are calculators, but I'm not that serious about it.

IMPORTANT: If you need fuel you must load it from the FlyPad on the second tab under fuel. You can not add fuel from the top menu for Weight and Balance.

Call for clearance, enter squawk code, turn on TA/RA on the right side of the pedestal, ten RADAR 1 and PWS weather radar switches at left bottom of pedestal panel. put in initial climb altitude up top in the FCU.

Turn engine start switches in center of pedestal to IGNITION, you'll see a green IGNITION on the ECAM.

Call for push back.  Start engine 2 first. by flipping up the fuel cutoff switch above the start switches. Then do the same for engine 1.

Once engines are running set Flaps F+1.  wait for them to set,  then Press the TO CONFIG button and follow those messages.  Ground spoiler arm, cabin, signs, flaps lights, eventually as you check them off they go green.

Once everything is green and there are no pending ECAMS messages. there's one last thing to do.

IMPORTANT: turn off APU Bleed and APU master.  watch the APU ECAM page to make sure everything turns off. Then flip the Engine switches back to NORM

Set your lights appropriately, call for taxi,  off you go.

Line up, get the N1 to 40% then keep advancing until you see MAN MCT FLEX + 53, if you don't advance it enough it starts dinging at you to advance the throttles more.

Yeah... you should really watch some videos. Cause there is still a lot more to navigating and setting up the approach or changing the approach in the FMC.  I had to watch a video on VNAV last night.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alright thank you!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

8 hours ago, level7 said:

The FBW docs are excellent by the way and easy to read

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/beginner-guide/overview/

Oh wow didn't even see that site, thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks, great -  this is really useful for me too, I’ve just decided to bite the bullet on the FBW.

As I’m on SU9 beta could anyone tell me which version of the A32Nx to install that works OK with 9 beta - ie Stable, Dev or Experimental?

much appreciated, thanks 

24 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Thanks, great -  this is really useful for me too, I’ve just decided to bite the bullet on the FBW.

As I’m on SU9 beta could anyone tell me which version of the A32Nx to install that works OK with 9 beta - ie Stable, Dev or Experimental?

much appreciated, thanks 

I haven't used anything but experimental for months, just make sure you update it before each flight since it is constantly being updated.

Good luck on learning it! I had pretty much always stuck to GA but ended up learning the WT CJ4 and then after a few months tackled the A32NX. It seemed a tad overwhelming at first but I watched a lot of YT videos and after getting a handful of flights under my belt it all became second nature. 

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Come on, it's not hard.

1) Bat 1 and 2

2) EXT power unit

3) Test APU fire

4) APU master

5) start

6) apu bleed (when it's 100% on the ECAM APU page)

7) NAV & logo

8 ) seat belt and no smoking ON

9) emmer exit lt  on Arm

10) GND CTL ON

11) Oxygen Passenger ON

12) ADIRS 1,2,3 on NAV

13) ENG 1/2 Fire test

14) Fuel Pumps ON

15) EXT Power unit OFF before pushback.

For the startup:

1) Beacon On

2) Mode Selector IGN start on the Pedestal

3) start Engine 2 and wait that it's stabilised on the N1 about 19/20% (Avail who will appear)  and same for the 1.

4) To put mode selectoc on Norm

5) To put Flaps Config 1+F  APU bleed OFF and APU master OFF

6) spoilers on armed

7) To put Flaps Config 1+F

8 ) Auto break on MAX

10) Flight control check: Full Up, Full down, full left, full right

11) Rudder: Full left, full right

12) Clear left side

13) To put Nose on Taxi

14) To put RW turn off on ON

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

I guess everything that's required to get familiar with the flows and checklists is here: 

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/SOP/

Used to be a 737-800 hardcore simmer over at XP11, I remember I was very sceptical of converting to an Airbus. Now I'm too deep into the FBW version - just too much fun!

And - I highly recommend the FS2Crew FBW edition. Perhaps after practicing a bit, getting used to the flows. It's just something else having a first officer turning on the landing lights, advicing the cabin to be prepared for takeoff, and setting the transponder to TA/RA. 

Oh - I usually keep two copies of the experimental version stored. One current - my last download. And when I download the most recent one I store that in another folder. I've encountered some issues on a rare occasion, but mostly it's been a smooth breeze. If I have any issues with the most recent version, I just go back to the previous experimental version. If that makes sense..

There are excellent tutorials on YouTube. I recommend easyJetSimPilot. No, he's not a RW pilot, but a very knowledgeable simmer with years of experience in the A320. 320Simpilot is however a RW Neo 'bus driver - but he can be a bit hasty and rushed at times. For more advanced stuff, his channel is top notch though. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
Idea + typo

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

26 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I haven't used anything but experimental for months, just make sure you update it before each flight since it is constantly being updated.

Good luck on learning it! I had pretty much always stuck to GA but ended up learning the WT CJ4 and then after a few months tackled the A32NX. It seemed a tad overwhelming at first but I watched a lot of YT videos and after getting a handful of flights under my belt it all became second nature. 

Thank you. Actually I have a little background, as I also had the FSL Airbus in P3D and A320s from Aerosoft before that, albeit it’s all a long time ago now.

Anyway I just tried installing the Experimental and loading it at KLAS, but got a freeze within a few minutes.

anyway don’t want to hijack Ryan’s thread. I’ll look on the Discord for further info.

appreciate you help.