Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

What are you flying lately ?...

With XP11 ending a cycle and about to enter the new one ( although the "about to" semantics can be rather fuzzy... ), I'm curious about what you are enjoying ( aircraft and places / routes / addons ) in the current platform ?

I am mostly using XP11 standalone scenery and weather wise, sometimes alternating with Enhanced Skyscapes, and using the Toliss A319 and now also the Beluga ( well, not yet really because it has a lerning curve ... ) and the FF 757 v2 Global pro ( won at x-plane.org !!! ).

My flights are mostly short hops between LPPT and other Portuguese or European airports. I may get into transatlantic flights and try to learn the "science" of Oceanic Routes with the 757.

I am planning to invest also on the Toliss A321 NEO.

GA-wise I am enjoying a C90B MOD by @uncertifiedpilot and I have the Bell 214 and the Nimbus UH-1H whenever I am in the mood for rotary wing.

At least twice a week I log a few minutes in the SkunkCrafts P51D which I find as a very sound and satisfying ( systems and flight dynamivs wise ) of the P51D, doing most of the stuff decribed on pilot flight reports in a way I can't classify as inferior to what I experience in either IL-2 or DCS World for the same type.

What about you ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...

I’ve slowed down my flightsimming, to be honest. Anticipating Xplane 12 and so becoming less interested in Xplane 11. It had a good run but the limitations of the water, weather, clouds, lighting are becoming more and more apparent. Still love the feeling of the accurate flight modeling and the specific planes in my hangar.  If Xplane 12 wasn’t so near, I’d be thoroughly enjoying Xplane 11 as I have for the last 4 years.

• Like 2

The usual: Zibo's 737, Toliss' A321, JF's BAe 146 and Turbo Arrow.

Next to that, I've started flying helicopters in between.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I wish I had time to fly - life responsibilities including double major combined with an add-on I need to maintain means I basically had no time to do any proper flights in last few months.

If I had time though I would love to fly Hot Start CL650, iniBuilds A300, Felis 747-200 and FlyJSim 737-200 for X-Plane, along with Leonardo MD-80 and FSLabs A320 for Prepar3D. PMDG 737 for MSFS also seems to be very close to release, so I will add that to my wishlist too. Lastly as a huge MD-11 fan I would love to fly Rotate MD-11, but currently it has significant navigation system deficiencies which is rather disappointing.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Hello,

because of less time, i prefere Helicopters like the Rotosim EC 135 or the SA315A Lama by Philp Ubben, with rescue or slingload plugin.

For short flights I use the Aeroworks DC3 or the FlyJsim Dash8.

If i have a little time more, i take the Zibo 737 or the Jardesign A320.

• Like 1

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k OC5,2 GHz, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte RTX 4070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

Kriegsmarine Type VII.

• Like 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Nobody flying the best ever GA plane out there? Jrollons SF260! For me still one of the most if not THE most immersive GA in any of the three major sims out there. Plus the Thranda Beaver with rep package... Over wonderful free NZ ortho package. Some flights with 732. The Q4XP is also nice. And trying to find some time for the Beluga atm... But three sims keeping me busy... 

Cheers T.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Kriegsmarine Type VII.

Like in "wolfpack" ? 

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...

56 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Like in "wolfpack" ? 

[OFF TOPIC]

Yeah, I lost interest in flight sims at the moment, I'm playing an old MS-DOS subsim (you could say it's the Aerowinx PS1 of subsims), maybe I'll get Wolfpack next!

• Like 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

While my main interest are on  most airliners not found in P3D, I recently get the CowanSim B206 L3 and play with Helicopter Rescue Mission, That takes me back to the good old SAR4 days quite nicely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, C2615 said:

While my main interest are on  most airliners not found in P3D, I recently get the CowanSim B206 L3 and play with Helicopter Rescue Mission, That takes me back to the good old SAR4 days quite nicely.

I believe I never got to SAR4 ?  Wasn't SAR3 the last of the Saga" ?  Did play it too :-)

How's the 206 modeled in the CowanSim way ? Never had a 206 for X-Plane. My only 206s in sims were those that came with fs98 and then the Dodosim 206 with fs9 :-)

Main Simulation Rig: