Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

MSFS: BAE 146-100 into KPHL, Rwy 27L

A first attempt at an ILS landing with the new JF 146.

Bit of a mess, I may not have everything set correctly. Only picked up the glideslope about a mile out & I had hand flown it to there because the AP wasn't locking on for the 'S' approach.

But it did ILS the last bit quite nicely while I juggled the throttles, airbrakes & flaps.

Wanted to land next to the runway though.

Learning experience - get the speed down a long way out and stick to straight in approaches.😀

T45

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Nice! Although slightly left of the center-line. 🙂

Edited by anden145
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Nice - what's your take on the product?  Worth the price?  What sort of avionics does it have?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Any landing you can walk away from ....... 😊😊

• Like 1

Is it normal in teh BAE to leave the speedbrake out during final app?

But word not allowed nice shots!

• Like 1

Victor Roos

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Nice - what's your take on the product?  Worth the price?  What sort of avionics does it have?

I was on the same questions as in the first place I wanted to get the maddog. But the high price of the maddog for a visually not on msfs standards product (not talking about the functionality but without getting the visuals and the model ramped up I can continue to fly exactly the same dog in p3d and not spending 90 eur here including vat. Plus some design decisions to use old external load manager for parts and you even have to download simbrief flps and not able to just use them in the efb directly... some small things nagging...) drove me away from that idea. I have flown the BAe both in p3d and XP and although its high fidelity for sure its not going into the highest league. At the moment its coming with the working title fmc known from the cj4 adapted to the quirks of the BAe. Its a pilots plane. The thrust modulation system will support you in the phases of flight to manage the engines but its no autothrottle. You can wonderfully fly old style VOR/NDB for what it was build for. Historically the first BAe came only with this style of navigation and were later equipped with several nav solutions. JustFlight (as shown in dev shots) is still working on the UNS fms and will provide it later. Even GTN750 support is planned as some real world firefighting BAe are using it. Its a clockwork shop and I like it... Not everyones taste but me like it for sure. It is sounds and lighting wise nicer than the esp versions though its not upscaled and you can even with some work use old paints from the esp platforms. As you get all -100 to -300 plus mil variant and the Quite Traders the price is def ok imho. EFB with direct simbrief integrations, map, aircraft config, doors etc included. Weather radar waiting for asobo as usual. JF did two smaller updates already and smoothing things out. Some users reported oscillations on lnav with the wt fms, I had them on one flight too. Other flights were fine. Trim a bit too sensitive atm but worked on.

Cheers

T.

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Yes indeed, the speedbrake can be deployed at any time and usually used at about 500ft on approach. But depends on company procedures.

Cheers T.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torsen said:

Yes indeed, the speedbrake can be deployed at any time and usually used at about 500ft on approach. But depends on company procedures.

Cheers T.

Cool!

• Like 1

Victor Roos

Nice shots !

LOC and GS works perfect for me, other than that you have a Airportproblem or something with your NAV Data is goeing on/wrong.

And to say : Worth every penny this Addon - IMO ! Best Produkt Addon so far i bought since beginning with MSFS 2020 !!

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Yes. Primary reason is go-around performance. Those little Lycoming engines (modified version of the engine used in a Bradley Tank/Fighting Vehicle) do not spool up very fast nor do they have an abundance of power. Opening the speed brake, and compensating for the drag with extra thrust allows better go around performance because you can pretty much instantly remove the drag and you already have the engines spooled up, so you get much faster performance response.

Those engines were not very reliable. We used to joke that Bae stood for "Bring Another Engine" 🙂

• Like 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

23 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

Yes. Primary reason is go-around performance. Those little Lycoming engines (modified version of the engine used in a Bradley Tank/Fighting Vehicle) do not spool up very fast nor do they have an abundance of power. Opening the speed brake, and compensating for the drag with extra thrust allows better go around performance because you can pretty much instantly remove the drag and you already have the engines spooled up, so you get much faster performance response.

Those engines were not very reliable. We used to joke that Bae stood for "Bring Another Engine" 🙂

hahaha, that is why they need four? Those poor hair dryers.

Thanks for the explanation! 🙂

• Like 1

Victor Roos