Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

No longer, 'as real as it gets...' Nope, simply 'is real'..

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Mitch,

It's the reason why all other sims have been deleted from my SSDs. There's has never been nothing like it and I doubt that there will be anything better as long as I'm on earth.

BTW, check out Milviz c310 for MSFS. It's also as real as it gets.

If there is a better flight simulator based on my preferences, that is also cheaper than MSFS, I will be the first to jump ship and leave MSFS behind.

But unless Google or another AAA game company jumps into the home flight simulation market, I don’t see that happening. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Mitch,

It's the reason why all other sims have been deleted from my SSDs. There's has never been nothing like it and I doubt that there will be anything better as long as I'm on earth.

BTW, check out Milviz c310 for MSFS. It's also as real as it gets.

Thanks for that tip.   I still fire up P3D and XP,  as they still provide (for myself) elements that I call the Flight Sim Trifecta (smile).   For visuals, though...that suspends 'sitting in front of a computer monitor'...hand's down...it is the current iteration of MSFS and...Map Enhancement, with my preferred map...BING (Newest and current).

2 hours ago, salasnet said:

I agree with your sentiments. MSFS is the simulator we all "wished" for from the moment any of us old timers fired up their first virtual wings.  Sure, it is not perfect, there is still plenty of growth that can happen ... but this is truly the FIRST time that I can honestly say that a flight simulator is offering that sense of "reality" that we have wished for all along... ever since I gleefully looked at a screen like the one below, I have been waiting on the promise of MSFS... and I feel it has been delivered to me at last.

spacer.png

Bonus points to anybody who can name the game above, which was some of the most fun I have ever had in a LAN party in my life (nothing like dog-fighting with a couple of drinks in you).  😂

Damon Slye's Wings over the Pacific by Dynamix ??  What do I win 😀

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Over the last many weeks, since the latest SU9 version, I have been 'grooming' SU9's Community Folder,  deleting files that were conflicting, with SU9's performance, or were in fact locking SU9 up, preventing a load out to my selected airport, world-wide.

I too have been playing with flight sims for a long time (anyone remember the Sony MSX and the SEGA SC3000H?) and agree that this incarnation is visually the best I have ever seen BUT I will not go so far as to say it cannot get any better (monster trees for example).

The quoted line does not thrill me at all. If we have to tweak and delete that community folder every time an update is released then I can see a point where I will retreat to another sim.

2 hours ago, salasnet said:

I agree with your sentiments. MSFS is the simulator we all "wished" for from the moment any of us old timers fired up their first virtual wings.  Sure, it is not perfect, there is still plenty of growth that can happen ... but this is truly the FIRST time that I can honestly say that a flight simulator is offering that sense of "reality" that we have wished for all along... ever since I gleefully looked at a screen like the one below, I have been waiting on the promise of MSFS... and I feel it has been delivered to me at last.

spacer.png

Bonus points to anybody who can name the game above, which was some of the most fun I have ever had in a LAN party in my life (nothing like dog-fighting with a couple of drinks in you).  😂

This was one of my fav:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, AOB said:

I too have been playing with flight sims for a long time (anyone remember the Sony MSX and the SEGA SC3000H?) and agree that this incarnation is visually the best I have ever seen BUT I will not go so far as to say it cannot get any better (monster trees for example).

The quoted line does not thrill me at all. If we have to tweak and delete that community folder every time an update is released then I can see a point where I will retreat to another sim.

You should use Add On Linker for MSFS.  I just disable any add ons that I don’t use for a particular session of MSFS,  It’s fast, and it’s easy.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Looking at the last D J Jose post I have to confess it was a game I first played I think it was called Choplifter (not shoplifter) and not a "real" flight simulator. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The only issue I have now is after not being able to sign onto MSFS this afternoon, now it is telling me I need a 29GB update. I am afraid to run the update, because it was working perfectly  until this afternoon. That is the downside of MSFS. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

How did I know a "I really have a good time in the sim." topic would descend into slinging mud at MSFS 😄

Sesquashtoo, I agree, its been the most realistic, and close to real life my sim has ever been, I too, have been generally loving it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvAngel said:

How did I know a "I really have a good time in the sim." topic would descend into slinging mud at MSFS 😄

Sesquashtoo, I agree, its been the most realistic, and close to real life my sim has ever been, I too, have been generally loving it!

I know..(smile) the thread got a little highjacked...but that happens.

salasnet's link "During its original run, Hellcats sold approximately 50,000 copies, making it a megahit"

I never heard of it, I suppose because I never had a Macintosh.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

( very vaguely rings a bell as a hybrid 'copter/aqua plane ? see picture )

Agree with OP generally about msfs2020 and the topography is amazing. Looking forward to more 3d geometric modelling of the terrain mesh to reduce the some 'roundness' of higher altitude hills/mountains but definately getting close

Edited by icewater5

What is this Map Enhancement addon you're speaking of?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

What is this Map Enhancement addon you're speaking of?

https://flightsim.to/file/19345/msfs-2020-google-map-replacement

I have used all the MAP choices, but find for color/sequential tile season, this n' that...that the latest BING mapping (for myself) to be the map-of-personal-choice.

Edited by Sesquashtoo