Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

The WT CJ 4 offers easy simbrief integration - it's free
The FbW offers easy simbrief integration - it's free
The 787 HDmod offers easy simbrief integration - it's free.

None of those aircraft are programmed in WASM. It's a sim limitation with WASM aircraft.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

12 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

None of those aircraft are programmed in WASM. It's a sim limitation with WASM aircraft.

Maybe Asobo is trying to tell developers something....

On 5/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, MDFlier said:

I have never had a MSFS flight planner generate a valid route as flown by an actual airline. Yes, it will draw a line between two points that you can fly to get from airport one to airport two. It does not, however generate flight plans that would be used in the real world.

I use Simbrief because it, in conjunction with Flightaware, make finding,  planning, and importing real flight plans quick and easy. I'm not sure what is complicated.  Literally press 'Generate OFP' on Simbrief, click "OK" on the pop-up that tells me the two files were copied to the PMDG directory (optional.  I like it). Once in the airplane, type the route name, which is 8 characters consisting of both airport identifiers (Ex: KBOSKORD for Boston to Chicago) and press a button, then press a 2nd button to activate it, and one more to execute it (and that one even has a big bright white light on it to remind you to press it). Done. Flight plan loaded. Where is the complicated part?

Funny,  NAVBLUE would have something to say about your un educated claims.  FYI, NAVBLUE is owned by a company called AIRBUS, maybe you've heard of them.

NAVBLUE will provide real-world aeronautical data to Microsoft through its Navigation+ and, post launch, Charts+ services, to support the realistic experience that is the next generation “Microsoft Flight Simulator” software.

Authentic worldwide navigation data, which is currently used on all major Flight Management Systems (FMS) and Flight Operation ground support tools, will be delivered in ARINC424 format, which is the international standard format for aircraft navigation.

Realistic and accurate aerodrome and terminal procedure charts used by professional pilots across the globe will be supplied with Charts+ to allow gamers and virtual pilots to access genuine information about aviation procedures in the airports and airspace.  

On 5/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, MDFlier said:

I have never had a MSFS flight planner generate a valid route as flown by an actual airline. Yes, it will draw a line between two points that you can fly to get from airport one to airport two. It does not, however generate flight plans that would be used in the real world.

I use Simbrief because it, in conjunction with Flightaware, make finding,  planning, and importing real flight plans quick and easy. I'm not sure what is complicated.  Literally press 'Generate OFP' on Simbrief, click "OK" on the pop-up that tells me the two files were copied to the PMDG directory (optional.  I like it). Once in the airplane, type the route name, which is 8 characters consisting of both airport identifiers (Ex: KBOSKORD for Boston to Chicago) and press a button, then press a 2nd button to activate it, and one more to execute it (and that one even has a big bright white light on it to remind you to press it). Done. Flight plan loaded. Where is the complicated part?

Guess you any most others dont know how to use the features.  This video shows you how to do all you need to for accurate IFR planning, no simbrief required.

(2) Feature Discovery Series Episode 8: IFR - YouTube

12 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

Guess you any most others dont know how to use the features.  This video shows you how to do all you need to for accurate IFR planning, no simbrief required.

(2) Feature Discovery Series Episode 8: IFR - YouTube

To each his own I guess. I personally like getting the cargo load, weather, Runway, time and the other information all put together for me in one package ready to go. 

All of us actually do know how to use it. We just don't.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Update from Robert about the HUD, until Asobo is changing what simvalues, dev can or cannot read, runway edge line will not be aligned.

No confirmation if it's also including the flight path indicator yet

That sucks...

Edited by bendead

I see that some systems have been simulated correctly. In real aircraft, for example, during irs alignment process, when irs switch set to nav and then during process you accidently set to off then immediately nav again, alignment process will not complete. You should switch to off and after 10 seconds set to nav again to start new alignment process. And all these processes have been simulated at pmdg 737-700 correctly, very nice. 

Uygar

Best Regards