Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

5 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Gents, thanks for the attempted assistance but this is my third PMDG 737 (would have been fourth if I hadn't left P3D early on in the V4 cycle).  I probably have 5,000 hours in complex 737s at this point between PMDG, iFly, and Zibo.

Someone mentioned the LNAV as an area needing improvement for some time now.  Some others, including me, posted examples that it doesn't appear it has been improved at all for the MSFS 737.  Then some people started with the "it must be your fault, you're doing something wrong" stuff.

Yes, a lot of people's issues are them not knowing the systems...I get it.  But the LNAV has room for improvement.  I took the A32NX up right after I made the above video and it flew the SID perfectly.

Hi Ryan,

3rd PMDG 737 also for me (FSX, P3D and MSFS, but do not have 5k hrs in the bird otherwise I'd be long time divorced).

Just my first flight yesterday imported from Simbrief via Simbrief Downloader (LEMD RBO2B - BLM3G LSZH) and she flew RBO2B and BLM3G with final on ILS14 via GIPOL perfectly. Real time wx.

Cannot help though, not enough samples.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

51 minutes ago, harrry said:

Add lack of documentation after they stopped all the Boeing docs and removed them from our aircraft we hads allready bought

and we all know why they were removed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's difficult if you're not a RW pilot and can compare to that. It's a relatively feature-rich program that allows you to calculate derated thrust takeoff giving several options as results - various flap settings, flex temperatures, derated thrust settings... I think you can also calculate based on an intersection departure. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, pete_auau said:

and we all know why they were removed

We  can guess.  But this was a few years ago, tine to have written more

Harry Woodrow

3 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Hi Ryan,

3rd PMDG 737 also for me (FSX, P3D and MSFS, but do not have 5k hrs in the bird otherwise I'd be long time divorced).

Just my first flight yesterday imported from Simbrief via Simbrief Downloader (LEMD RBO2B - BLM3G LSZH) and she flew RBO2B and BLM3G with final on ILS14 via GIPOL perfectly. Real time wx.

Cannot help though, not enough samples.

Yes I agree it does get most everything right!

Ryan

12 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Did the performance numbers seem pretty good?  I might have to dust off Topcat too.

Its good for giving you TO perf .e.g, TO2 SEL 32 (flex) once you enter the info into TO page if the FMS if numbers are within 2-3 kts use the FMS numbers. But the FMS only users full length etc. So using TOPCAT is really helpfull. For optimizing TO perf. 

https://www.virtualperformancetool.com/

this is great but its only for 727-800 so GC is wrong and also seems its going to cost a lot to sub it.

So like others here I am back to TOPCAT. Just enter the numbers from your simbrief fleet /REG number.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, harrry said:

well i still got the  fcoms 1 and  2 still installed  from  when i purchased  the  ngx a few years ago so guess I'am lucky  🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

We don't need to guess - I posted this in another thread but Rob from PMDG stated this back in Feb 2022:

Gents-

For a number of years we had a license which allowed us to include them. This changed back in 2015 and Boeing has become further and further controlling of information for reasons that I don't care to comment about.

It is unfortunate for the hobby of simming and occasional trial balloons to address this issue are swatted away with the usual warm and welcome tone normally set by corporate legal departments. confused.png

The issue is far larger than PMDG, or simming.

A few have suggested we simply "write our own." This is also a violation of Boeing's intellectual property, so no- that cannot happen either. We create some excellent tutorials for users, and we refer you to those.

Occasionally someone will spill into this forum and post a copy of a flight manual that is available someplace on the internet in digital format that they found using google. We are required by our license agreement and the seriousness with which we take our obligation to protect Boeing's intellectual property to remove those posts from this forum, so please do not post them here.

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/162138-manuals-for-the-upcoming-boeing-737#post162490

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Someone has posted all the documents on the PMDG forum.  I don't think I can link to it though so you'll have to go find the thread.  I'll post them here if it's permitted by Avsim.

Ryan

5 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Someone has posted all the documents on the PMDG forum.  I don't think I can link to it though so you'll have to go find the thread.  I'll post them here if it's permitted by Avsim.

whats section  havnt  found  them yet

Peter kelberg

26 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Gents, thanks for the attempted assistance but this is my third PMDG 737 (would have been fourth if I hadn't left P3D early on in the V4 cycle).  I probably have 5,000 hours in complex 737s at this point between PMDG, iFly, and Zibo.

Someone mentioned the LNAV as an area needing improvement for some time now.  Some others, including me, posted examples that it doesn't appear it has been improved at all for the MSFS 737.  Then some people started with the "it must be your fault, you're doing something wrong" stuff.

Yes, a lot of people's issues are them not knowing the systems...I get it.  But the LNAV has room for improvement.  I took the A32NX up right after I made the above video and it flew the SID perfectly.

Ah that’s maddening : hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Don’t know if it’s related, probably not, but I haven’t tried the 737 with a DME arc yet : these were never done quite correctly by PMDG on earlier platforms (unless I missed an update in P3D) (the FMC would draw a series of short straight lines on the ND connecting multiple waypoints on a “kinda” circle, rather than a nice smooth curve) - so I assume they are one of the “acid tests” for LNAV. But FBW have got them working on the a320neo - so I’ll be interested to see if there’s been improvement in this area by PMDG too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

whats section  havnt  found  them yet

PMDG 737 for MSFS in a thread called Supplied Documents.

• Like 1

Ryan

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

https://www.virtualperformancetool.com/

this is great but its only for 727-800 so GC is wrong and also seems its going to cost a lot to sub it.

Profiles for the -700 is next in line according to the FAQ section of their website. Have no idea of the pricing - seems to be subscription based. Interface seems great (tried out the demo version). Topcat is not new (think they stopped development years back), interface is certainly outdated,but it has a profile for the -700 and works well enough IMO. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Profiles for the -700 is next in line according to the FAQ section of their website. Have no idea of the pricing - seems to be subscription based. Interface seems great (tried out the demo version). Topcat is not new (think they stopped development years back), interface is certainly outdated,but it has a profile for the -700 and works well enough IMO. 

I clicked on the sub page and the lowest one say something like 9 euro for 50 cals a month....Am not subing for a cal for one airframe.

Topcat is fine, but your right it looks great and I am 100% sure its great.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 5/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, Blueline308 said:

That is where it installed, and was found by the plane on a restart of the game, so yeah, it was DL into the proper folder.

In the 'work' folder?

Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans