Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How do I get to PMDG forums?

1 minute ago, David Mills said:

I'm able to sign in okay. The site recognizes my account. It recognizes my purchase of the 737. I could download it again if needed. But the moment I sign in, I get the screen posted by @ryanbatc at the top of this thread. The forum and all the blogs and articles suddenly become invisible. I'm not even sure my request for help is being sent properly. I received no "sent" confirmation and have received no message from PMDG after a week (when I know their support is outstanding).

ok  what  do  you get  when you open  this  up

https://forum.pmdg.com/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok  what  do  you get  when you open  this  up

https://forum.pmdg.com/

I get the identical screen that @ryanbatc posted at the very top of this thread -- a screen that tells you how many people are online at PMDG, but the forum is nonexistent. The moment I sign OUT, the forum suddenly appears perfectly. I can then click and read all the forum messages, but I would never be able to post anything because I'm not signed IN. This is totally bizarre, but because of @ryanbatc's post at the top of this thread, I know I'm not the only one with this issue. And I can't sign IN to send them a help request!

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

39 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I get the identical screen that @ryanbatc posted at the very top of this thread -- a screen that tells you how many people are online at PMDG, but the forum is nonexistent. The moment I sign OUT, the forum suddenly appears perfectly. I can then click and read all the forum messages, but I would never be able to post anything because I'm not signed IN. This is totally bizarre, but because of @ryanbatc's post at the top of this thread, I know I'm not the only one with this issue. And I can't sign IN to send them a help request!

ok  strange  i posted  a topic  and  linked  this  thread  to it  see  how  that goes 🙂

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you, Pete. I really appreciate your help. I do realize this is an odd problem.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, ryanbatc said:

Am I missing something here?  I don't see anything.  I am logged in though.

pmdgForums by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

I'm having the same problem.  I contacted their support about the issue.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Mister Randazzo would not believe my name is Mister Peanut !

Would you believe Mister Magoo ?

How about Mister Ed 😞

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I happen to know an inside man at the company. 😉

I can get in the forums fine but it might be my access level.   I'll put a note in the Beta channel and let Chris know folks are having issues.

I'll report back if he finds something to inform you guys of.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Still no luck with getting on the PMDG forum. I'm actually starting to laugh at myself and the situation. My tickets for help are ignored or, more likely, never received. My requests for a password reset are never emailed to me. (I had no problems at all purchasing and downloading the 737.) I can code in Assembly, but I can't figure out how to get on the PMDG forum. 🙂

I can see the PMDG forums perfectly until I sign into my account -- the account I created to buy the 737. Then the screen says "no forums found" (see OP for screen capture). Two other users on this thread, both highly experienced, have suffered this identical issue. So it's not just me. The problem appears to be that signing into my account not only makes the forum disappear, but also seems to disable my ability to communicate with the help desk. But the help desk won't help you (understandably) until you've signed into your account! My next stop, The Twilight Zone. 

Some mail providers, Arxix is one, block confirmation mails from AMAZON and others including PMDG.  I had this problem with them and AMAZON were a pain in the backside and did not seem to know what was gong on.  PMDG when they changed to the new site did this to me to and on a ticket within 30 minutes they had checked they received mine and had sent the conformation letter, ther go me to repeat then told me to try  another provider suggesting gmail accounts work.  I did this and was logged in in no time and then was able to use this knowledge to get back to wasting money on Amazon too.  

This was not PMDG though i was blaming them it was my mail host to blame.  Apparently  their spam bot blocks such messages as spam before they enter the system though normal mail from the same organizations work well

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

Could the forums require a different login or registration? I can't log into the forums using my PMDG credentials.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Still no luck with getting on the PMDG forum. I'm actually starting to laugh at myself and the situation. My tickets for help are ignored or, more likely, never received. My requests for a password reset are never emailed to me. (I had no problems at all purchasing and downloading the 737.) I can code in Assembly, but I can't figure out how to get on the PMDG forum. 🙂

I can see the PMDG forums perfectly until I sign into my account -- the account I created to buy the 737. Then the screen says "no forums found" (see OP for screen capture). Two other users on this thread, both highly experienced, have suffered this identical issue. So it's not just me. The problem appears to be that signing into my account not only makes the forum disappear, but also seems to disable my ability to communicate with the help desk. But the help desk won't help you (understandably) until you've signed into your account! My next stop, The Twilight Zone. 

David, log in the PMDG website (where you bought the 737). Once in, scroll to the bottom of the page of your account and find the community forum link. See if that works.

edit. Clicking the link brings me into the forum but I need to register in order to post. So I guess it's 2 separate logins.

Edited by airlinejets

Just now, airlinejets said:

Could the forums require a different login or registration? I can't log into the forums using my PMDG credentials.

I was wondering the same thing. You make the 4th person in this thread to have this problem, along with me, @ryanbatc, and @Dillon.

Just now, David Mills said:

I was wondering the same thing. You make the 4th person in this thread to have this problem, along with me, @ryanbatc, and @Dillon.

Read my follow-up. This worked for me.

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

Read my follow-up. This worked for me.

It did not work for me.