Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone making an A350XWB for MSFS?

Probably another favorite plane of mine. But does anyone know if there are any developers that's talked about making one for MSFS?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That's a big airplane too!

I see British Airways fly the A350 into here in the late afternoons now.

Good to see so many international carriers back since the pandemic.

For a long time, the skies were bare.

Condor is back along with KLM too.

Viva, Aeromexico, WestJet, Air Canada Rouge etc are back also.

Haven't seen any of the big Korean 777's yet.

• Like 4

Absolute huge aircraft that dwarfs A320s and 737s on the tarmac.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

the 777/787 and A350 are among my favorite large commercial jets!

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

• Like 6

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

It's kind of strange. There seems to be a blind spot when it comes to Airbus. Over the years many developers tried their hand at the A320 family with varying success. Then some did the A330 and A340 as well. But the newer generation is something they all shy away from for reasons unknown to me. Neither the A380 or the A350 have been done in high fidelity of at least the range that Aerosoft went for with their Airbusses.

As someone who likes to fly real world operations these two are really missing in the portfolio.

And can Qualitywings please hurry up a little and do something about their Dreamliners in MSFS?

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

@blueshark747 now that is one gorgeous cockpit! Would be a dream to fly that bird in MSFS one day. I hope Fenix or FSLabs will take the task at bringing this plane to the sim.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Neither the A380 or the A350 have been done in high fidelity of at least the range that Aerosoft went for with their Airbusses.

There has been a A350 developed probably over Aerosoft level but not for P3D or MSFS though. INIbuilds and FBW are doing A380's. Who knows when they will be in a sim, I say years.

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Probably another favorite plane of mine. But does anyone know if there are any developers that's talked about making one for MSFS?

Here you go 🙂

Edited by marxio09dio
  • Like 2

You never know, maybe Fenix will look into expanding the AirBus range... Now that would be something exceptional.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

You never know, maybe Fenix will look into expanding the AirBus range... Now that would be something exceptional.

i recall someone saying they used ProSim? i looked up prosim and saw they only have an a320 and 737 so if FENIX make another plane it looks like it will be the 737 ... good competition for pmdg! hopefully it'll be better than their 737 range and cheaper too

- Anthony Price

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

It's kind of strange. There seems to be a blind spot when it comes to Airbus. Over the years many developers tried their hand at the A320 family with varying success. Then some did the A330 and A340 as well. But the newer generation is something they all shy away from for reasons unknown to me. Neither the A380 or the A350 have been done in high fidelity of at least the range that Aerosoft went for with their Airbusses.

As someone who likes to fly real world operations these two are really missing in the portfolio.

And can Qualitywings please hurry up a little and do something about their Dreamliners in MSFS?

The reason behind newer planes not get directly/proper developed is the lack of engineering information for the technical systems and models. Older ones are wide spreaded or not as good protected as the newer ones

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I've been missing an A350 too. Especially in regards of its good range. Even the non-ULR version is good.

Quite a few operators are using it(non-ULR) too, so it would be plenty of real routes to fly.

11 hours ago, Farlis said:

The reason is that there is ALOT less information in the open for the A350 or A380 (or even the A220). All of the technical documentation for the A320 has been leaked and is widely available to anyone who seeks it. This is not the case for any of the newer Airbus aircraft. Developers don't have access to the in-depth technical information that is needed to produce a high-fidelity simulation.

That is the reason why you only ever see A320s being made, because all the technical manuals and all the data is widely available.

• Like 2

I wonder then like how PMDG did with Boeing, if a sim aircraft developer can enter into some sort of agreement with Airbus to get the tech data/specs on the newer buses... Fenix would be a great choice 🙂

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD