Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Fenix A320 PDF Walk Through

@Nyxx Thanks for the update, I have been using the previous version every flight and found it a great help. A few feedback comments on your latest version (entirely up to you if you consider these important of course).

This might be just a preference thing from me, but I usually set the lower chrono running at engine start to give me a block to block time, and also to ensure the engines have had sufficient warm up before takeoff, and that engine start isn't taking too long. I suppose that's why you have the FOs chrono instruction on your flows list but when single crewed it's a bit out of the way.

Also flight controls test, flaps set for takeoff and netural rudder trim to my knowledge are generally done during taxi, not before taxi as per your PDF (not sure how it's shown on checklists though). You don't need to bring up the F/CTL ECAM page, the Airbus knows you're doing a flight control test and automagically displays it.

QNH should be set standard passing "Transition altitude", not technically correct to say country dependent as it can vary within a country (in the UK it's between 3,000 and 6,000)

The landing roll out appears to be missing DECEL Reverse green spoilers etc, or any mention of reverse thrust (including idle reverse).

I notice there is a complete omission of the weather radar. Whilst I appreciate this is currently non-functional it is an important part of operating the aircraft, especially ensuring you don't irradiate ground crew!

A few typos did slipped in "FORCE TOGO" I presume that should be TOGA? "PACK’S OFF TAKE-OFF" has a superflous apostrophe.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

@Nyxx Thanks for the update, I have been using the previous version every flight and found it a great help. A few feedback comments on your latest version (entirely up to you if you consider these important of course).

This might be just a preference thing from me, but I usually set the lower chrono running at engine start to give me a block to block time, and also to ensure the engines have had sufficient warm up before takeoff, and that engine start isn't taking too long. I suppose that's why you have the FOs chrono instruction on your flows list but when single crewed it's a bit out of the way.

Also flight controls test, flaps set for takeoff and netural rudder trim to my knowledge are generally done during taxi, not before taxi as per your PDF (not sure how it's shown on checklists though). You don't need to bring up the F/CTL ECAM page, the Airbus knows you're doing a flight control test and automagically displays it.

QNH should be set standard passing "Transition altitude", not technically correct to say country dependent as it can vary within a country (in the UK it's between 3,000 and 6,000)

The landing roll out appears to be missing DECEL Reverse green spoilers etc, or any mention of reverse thrust (including idle reverse).

I notice there is a complete omission of the weather radar. Whilst I appreciate this is currently non-functional it is an important part of operating the aircraft, especially ensuring you don't irradiate ground crew!

A few typos did slipped in "FORCE TOGO" I presume that should be TOGA? "PACK’S OFF TAKE-OFF" has a superflous apostrophe.

Thank you, thats a big help.

I have just uploaded a new version with typos fixed.

Change to "Transition altitude" also.

Ive always used the F/CTL page but yer its an old habit, but changed that line also, so people do not forget to press it again etc.

All good and thanks again for the feed back.

The Crono thing is all over the place Ive watch the Captain use his crono and Ive seen engine start time on the Catains Crono and the middle top crono. The start time in the Fenix is not spot on I hear so am not adding times etc at this point. So thats sort of in the air 🙂

Also I watch a lot of flyboys Vid's a IRL easyjet Fo and they/he alway set flaps after pushback so that could be a SOP thing, like Easyjet start engine 1 first. 🤪

Lasty Landing, all good points but i could go through every step from 50ft, when to cut the trottle and when to "flare" and when and what amount of REV to use but, I feel thats best for everyone to use what works for them. A bit like I dont talk about Flaps 3. I feel its just turns into a book hehe. The landing of an A320 is a topic in itself and so is when to use Flaps 3. 

WX is left out becasue its INOP as you know, when its added, all will be added and updated.

It inclues a lot of stuff that I feel a lot of people would not do, like set up a engine out return etc, I add all that becasue I like to use the Fenix like the FSL, I could of made a much cleaner version for people using it like the FBW, where to stop and what to inclued is always a question.🙂

Hope you like the new version?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

After a lot of flights, this PDF walkthrough has gone through a lot of changers.

You Could call this the Release version.😉

Thank you very much, David

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

After a lot of flights, this PDF walkthrough has gone through a lot of changers.

You Could call this the Release version.😉

Enjoy!

Web page/ my work site.

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/msfs-fenix-a320-walk-through/

Direct link to file

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Fenix-A320.pdf

Excellent job, David 👍

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Update,

Sorry Guys a BA Pilot just told be what they use to notify the cabin crew

No Smoking OFF/NO

It's all updated.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Update,

No Smoking OFF/NO

It's all updated.

And you forgot to mention "GEAR UP" during the first stage of the climb 🙂 (Don't shoot me, I am only trying to help, not to criticize)

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I did spot that but didn't point it out as I thought you were privvy to information I wasn't! I just toggle one of the signs quickly to off then back to on, that releases the cabin crew after departure, seems to be standard for most types and operations. "Cabin crew seats for landing" is usually a voice PA and "cabin secure/cabin crew prepare for takeoff" is usually done on the intercom.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I recon using this for Fslabs and now having this for Fenix.....great Dave. Thanks a lot for your time and knowledge. 

Regards

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Update,

No Smoking OFF/NO

It's all updated.

Great work David, you could and in the future, single engine taxi in and out, cold weather ops, deicing procedures

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

53 minutes ago, awf said:

Great work David, you could and in the future, single engine taxi in and out, cold weather ops, deicing procedures, (plus I would add APU on in case of rain when taking off...)

Andre,

Your Killing me guys......................lol, No work done this afternoon.

Version 104,000....thats what it feels like 🤪🙂 is now up.

Ive added APU for Rain and Ive added De icing as NOTES at the end but Fenix does not have it so its maked as INOP.

Right back to work.....

Enjoy! 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awf said:

plus I would add APU on in case of rain when taking off...

Never heard of this before, what's the logic behind it?

support1.jpg

25 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Never heard of this before, what's the logic behind it?

Neither do I, maybe only when you try to land shortly on the Hudson river 😉 

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites