Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm struggling a bit with the throttle detents. I've calibrated and I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle (it doesn't come with any detents). When taking off it's VERY finicky to hit FLX/MCT - usually I have to fumble around a bit. Anyone else got this?

Come to think of it, it was actually easier to hit FLX/MCT before I did the calibration...

Yup, all other detents fine apart from Flex

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So the problem is you cannot run the installation file? What sort of error message do you get?

You can set Norton to exclude the folder where the installation file is in. And it is possible to turn off windows defender. Just hit the start button, type "windows defender" and windows defender firewall will come up. On the left you have the option to "turn windows defender firewall on or off". 

And what do you mean you cannot delete the downloaded versions?

Nevermind.

I uninstalled Norton which is a very broken and shameless product. After deactivating and uninstalling Norton my update process is working fine. I will be switching to a new AV....finally.

• Like 3

Thought I'd post this here as its getting a lot of traffic and the more avid Fenix simmers who see this, the better chance I'll have to get the pics I need to finish this paint.

I've told myself I'd not be painting the Fenix (for at least a while) because so many great paints came with her.  But even though these will be fictional until we get IAEs, I wanted to do my part to pay tribute the the NYFD and NYPD for the honor and sacrifice they've given, a lot with their lives.

I will make this with the CFMs and release when I'm done, and of course transfer the textures to the IAE when she's released.  I need good pics or links to the 2 stickers she wore under the American flag by the L1 door.   One was an all blue one with NYFD on it, but I can't read the writing below it.  The other is a mostly white one with what looks like the twin towers.  It is amazing (and quite aggravating) that I can't seem to find one good photo someone could have taken while they we're boarding the plane, LOL.  I do this on every trip I take, for my own collection of high def stickers they put by the L1 door.   I hope someone ca come thru for me.

ANY PICs of this sticker or any of them...and especially the NYPD bird (N531JL)...she has a lot of special NYPD stickers on both sides of her....help a painter give you guys some great NY tribute paints to fly around 🙂 

9YiGOF.png

R69dor.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
spelling
  • Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

Hey! You can head over to MCDU MENU > CONFIG > CONTROL CONFIG and increase the deadzone - that basically "widens" the detent out.

Thanks! Increasing the deadzone worked a lot better!

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

30 minutes ago, specisk said:

Nevermind.

I uninstalled Norton which is a very broken and shameless product. After deactivating and uninstalling Norton my update process is working fine. I will be switching to a new AV....finally.

Good to hear you sorted it out. I'm using F-secure, pretty happy with that. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

This thing is working perfectly for me now after the patch. 40-45 smooth FPS, this feels like a dream compared to what we've been dealing with for the last 2+ years.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Nicholas Jackson said:

Out of interest what did you widen your dead zone to?

Regards

4% which seems to be working very well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nicholas Jackson said:

Out of interest what did you widen your dead zone to?

Regards

I'm not Captain Piett (I'm part of the Rebel Alliance), but I've been following this topic and I just increased my deadzone from the default 2% to 7% and it works fantastically.  No issues in getting (and keeping) the throttle in any of the detents now.

[EDIT]: Oops, Captain Piett posted at the same time.  I better get out of here in case he has a battalion of sharp-shooting Stormtroopers with him!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just now, JYW said:

I'm part of the Rebel Alliance

Rebel scum 👺

But yeah, increasing the dead zone makes it much easier hitting MCT/FLX. No more fiddling around. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Rebel scum 👺

But yeah, increasing the dead zone makes it much easier hitting MCT/FLX. No more fiddling around. 

Play nicely now boys. LOL

Thank you will give the 7% a try.

Regards

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Guys, I need some advice. I'll just put it here instead of creating (yet another Fenix) thread. 

I'm struggling with RNAV Z rwy 15 into VQPR Paro in Bhutan. I can descend on the autopilot in approach mode down to FAP which is 13800ft, but after that it seems I can't descend any further. The PFD announces "final approach". I tried once descending manually beyond that down to the runway at 7364', with the following result: 

From your description, I'm not sure: Are you trying to do a straight-in landing from that approach? That's not going to work, and the approach is not designed to be flown that way. Note that:

• The approach is labeled as a "cloud-break procedure"
  • The minima say "landing rwy 15/33", not "straight-in landing" to a single runway as you would see on a straight-in approach
  • At PR816, you're still at 13,800 feet, almost 6,500 feet above field elevation, but only nine track miles to the threshold. That would equate to a descent angle of about 7 degrees if you wanted to make a straight-in approach.
  • Anyhow, the missed approach point at PR808 is right above the airport, and your MDA for category C is 10,320 feet, still almost 3,000 feet above the airport. (This equals an altitude loss of about 3500 feet from PR816, which corresponds to the 3.5 degree angle noted on the chart.)

I believe the way this is flown in real life is that after PR808, they visually fly a series of descending turns in the valleys to lose altitude and bring them back to the airport. I don't think there's any official information on this available on the web -- in the real world, I'd assume it's taught as part of a course you need to get the "authorization required" noted on the chart. Here's some relevant sim-focused discussion however:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/a-guide-to-the-paro-approach/500927

https://simfest.co.uk/paro-special-briefing

As to your question on why you weren't able to descend below 13,800 feet, I'm honestly not sure. If you were in FINAL APPR mode (i.e. you pressed the "APPR" button), I _think_ that should take you down the glide path depicted on the chart. Maybe this is an issue with how the approach is coded in the navdata? Flying it in FPA mode is of course an alternative, but in any case, you'll have to do the visual approach after PR808.

As an aside to this rather than start another Fenix thread.

Has any one found any issues using Track IR with the new Airbus? I have the perfect setting in the FBW but always seem to be sitting way to high in the Fenix product.

I have messed with height and zoom etc. in the menus but to no avail. I can get a good position but when I need to centre to reset the camera it all goes haywire again and ends up looking at the top of the cockpit windshield as opposed to the to of the instrument coaming area,

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards

19 minutes ago, Nicholas Jackson said:

As an aside to this rather than start another Fenix thread.

Has any one found any issues using Track IR with the new Airbus? I have the perfect setting in the FBW but always seem to be sitting way to high in the Fenix product.

I have messed with height and zoom etc. in the menus but to no avail. I can get a good position but when I need to centre to reset the camera it all goes haywire again and ends up looking at the top of the cockpit windshield as opposed to the to of the instrument coaming area,

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards

Yes!

To an extent, MSFS is just funky in general where TrackIR is concerned.  Ie... the custom cameras act oddly; if you point your head in a certain direction (with TrackIR on) and save a camera, it saves that exact transient view, which shouldn't be the case.

But I have absolutely had the same problem in finding I just can't get my viewpoint quite right with the Fenixm with TrackIR.     I am either too high, or if I try to lower myself, it's as if my viewpoint rolls forward on the pitch axis and I'm looking slightly down on the panel; the outside view no longer being straight ahead.

I don't think this is a Fenix issue at all - I think it's a MSFS:TrackIR issue, and the Fenix cockpit just demonstrates it more emphatically than some other cockpits.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Noticed something weird with the MCDU display today:

spacer.png

If you look at the right hand side of the screen it's showing what looks like the edge of a previous page. Minor thing but a bit odd none the less!

Other than that and the slightly laggy fps on the PFD and ND, had some good flights in it today!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S