Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Wishful Thinking for More Business Jets

19 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

I like Flysimware's Learjet 35A a lot. Their Learjet is tempting me to 'upgrade' to another dev's Learjet, Xtreme Prototypes' Learjet 25 (XP GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0 | Xtreme Prototypes), which based in my reading their  300+ page manual is a step up compared to features described in Flysimware's 40+ page manual for the 35A. The XP 25 looks like a must-have if you're a Learjet fan.

The problem is XP's model is only available for P3D and it's not cheap. If it ever goes on sale or if the bizjets to be released in MSFS disappoints, I'll probably just end up grabbing it anyway.

Wait!

How did I miss out on that Xtreme Prototype Learjet all these years?

I don't remember that one ever releasing for FSX.

As for Flysimware, while I was never a real fan of their visual quality with FSX products, after their consistent 414A dedication and craftsmanship they have really stepped their visuals up 100%, their Learjet will be an instabuy me.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

11 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

As for Flysimware, while I was never a real fan of their visual quality with FSX products,

The nice thing about Flysimware is they keep improving their releases. They've improved the visual quality in the latest releases of their Learjet 35A and the Falcon 50. Much, much better. Check them out.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

30 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

I like Flysimware's Learjet 35A a lot. Their Learjet is tempting me to 'upgrade' to another dev's Learjet, Xtreme Prototypes' Learjet 25 (XP GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0 | Xtreme Prototypes), which based in my reading their  300+ page manual is a step up compared to features described in Flysimware's 40+ page manual for the 35A. The XP 25 looks like a must-have if you're a Learjet fan.

The problem is XP's model is only available for P3D and it's not cheap. If it ever goes on sale or if the bizjets to be released in MSFS disappoints, I'll probably just end up grabbing it anyway.

The 25 is not a step up from the FSW 35. Graphically it is nicer, but in every other way the FSW bird is far superior ymmv.

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

Thanks. But I'm not seeing anything on the Longitude. There's one for the CJ4 but not for the Longitude. Is that the correct link?

Click on the Progress channel, there are plenty of recent updates about the Longitude in there. Although most of the discussion regarding it will be in G3000 channel...

G

13 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

The 25 is not a step up from the FSW 35.

the -25 captures the *flavor* of flying a Lear25 in the 70s very, very well. Right down to the garish brown and orange decorative panels. You can almost taste the cocaine floating around the cabin. 😉

It's a heck of a fun bird to fly, but it did irritate me that for some inexplicable reason, XP added autothrottles to the thing. The real plane never had them. Fortunately, that's a fairly easy mistake to overlook - just don't use them.

FSW's birds are more closely modeled on the real thing. I had and really enjoyed both devs' planes when I still used p3d, and am looking forward to them hopefully showing up in MSFS at some point.

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

the -25 captures the *flavor* of flying a Lear25 in the 70s very, very well. Right down to the garish brown and orange decorative panels. You can almost taste the cocaine floating around the cabin. 😉

It's a heck of a fun bird to fly, but it did irritate me that for some inexplicable reason, XP added autothrottles to the thing. The real plane never had them. Fortunately, that's a fairly easy mistake to overlook - just don't use them.

FSW's birds are more closely modeled on the real thing. I had and really enjoyed both devs' planes when I still used p3d, and am looking forward to them hopefully showing up in MSFS at some point.

I assume they added autothrottle because they couldn't get "speed" mode on the autopilot to work properly. They used that as their "Get out of Jail free" card.

G

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

And the most depressing news was at 13:00.....I just KNEW when I bought my Global 7000 and the salesman tried to get me to wait and buy a 7500 I shoulda' listened to him!  Now I can't upgrade to an 8000. 😞

Anyone in the market for a poultry used Global 7000?  Only has 2 miles on it (I had it towed 2 miles from the ramp by the FBO to my remote hangar at the end of the airport as I can't afford to put fuel in it to fly it 😭, its pretty to look at though.  I did put enough fuel in it once to fire up the APU and look at all the pretty lights in the cockpit though)

Good one! Timing is everything in life! I’m sure your 7000 will hold its value as I know your aircraft are kept in immaculate condition. If I spring for an 8000, I’ll definitely take you for a spin!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

The 25 is not a step up from the FSW 35. Graphically it is nicer, but in every other way the FSW bird is far superior ymmv.

Yes, the real life 35 being a later model would have seen improvements over the 25. But what I was referring to was the detailed manual and features modeled in the 25 not available in the 35 eg. RealityXP integration, dual GTN 750s, and little details like map lights, 8-track player (I wonder if you can select your own music), etc. A concern I have about the 25 is the lack of developer community support forums like the forums FSW has in Avsim.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

2 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Yes, the real life 35 being a later model would have seen improvements over the 25. But what I was referring to was the detailed manual and features modeled in the 25 not available in the 35 eg. RealityXP integration, dual GTN 750s, and little details like map lights, 8-track player (I wonder if you can select your own music), etc. A concern I have about the 25 is the lack of developer community support forums like the forums FSW has in Avsim.

The FSW can have dual GTN's (both RXP and Flight1) among other options, never had any issues with lighting in it either. You can even buy an FMS for it, although it came out after MSFS, so I didn't get that.

Support from FSW is also top notch, I purchased it years after release and it was still being improved with no further charge. The 25 got one patch from what I remember, then the next iteration of it was a paid upgrade.

G

7 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Thanks. But I'm not seeing anything on the Longitude. There's one for the CJ4 but not for the Longitude. Is that the correct link?

Tons of Progress on the Longitude....new electrical, hydraulics, environmental, not to mention the G5000 (3000) upgrades like full VNAV from WT, combined with Dakfly's flight model mods....  match made in heaven.  Can't wait for the C700 upgrades!

WIP taken from their Discord (where you should be right now lol)

52391871021_ec5bcd106a_k.jpgC700_WT_WIP by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, eslader said:

Haven't used P3D for a while now so haven't flown the XP Lear25 for some time however from memory it was an easy fix in the .cfg file to turn the auto throttles off otherwise the TOGA switch used to activate T/O power which was annoying. The earlier version didn't have the auto throttle.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Tons of Progress on the Longitude....new electrical, hydraulics, environmental, not to mention the G5000 (3000) upgrades like full VNAV from WT, combined with Dakfly's flight model mods....  match made in heaven.  Can't wait for the C700 upgrades!

I've been away from the Longitude, so that's good news. Thank you for that info.

I hope they haven't forgotten the really important stuff... the doors and windows!! lol

It'll be nice if they do walkable interiors (cabin), the HUD and more working buttons too (the last time I counted there were at least a dozen inoperative buttons in the cockpit).  
"Official" documentation such as a checklist to resolve conflicting versions and questions would be nice too eg. should the bus tie stay open or close? What exactly does the Gravity Feed button do?

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

The FSW can have dual GTN's (both RXP and Flight1) among other options, never had any issues with lighting in it either. You can even buy an FMS for it, although it came out after MSFS, so I didn't get that.

Are you using mods for the dual RXP GTN's and the lighting (when the battery is off at night)?  I don't think I've seen a dual GTN setup on a 35. The 35 has a map light on the pilot side which works but cannot be moved and therefore unusable. I did not buy the FMS because I was already using a GTN.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

7 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Are you using mods for the dual RXP GTN's and the lighting (when the battery is off at night)?  I don't think I've seen a dual GTN setup on a 35. The 35 has a map light on the pilot side which works but cannot be moved and therefore unusable. I did not buy the FMS because I was already using a GTN.

Yeah I didn't get the FMS for the same reason, that and MSFS anyway. From memory it was one of the many options you can choose, no mods involved. Although since there was no crossfill on the GTNs my preference was a single GTN and  Milviz's Weather Radar...

G

On 9/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, Doering said:

Good one! Timing is everything in life! I’m sure your 7000 will hold its value as I know your aircraft are kept in immaculate condition. If I spring for an 8000, I’ll definitely take you for a spin!

I think your best bet to get into an 8000 (cost wise)...is to get a 7500 that another rich guy is trying to unload so they can get the shiny new 8000, and do the "conversion" they mention in the vid.  Could save you 9-10 million I figure....you can use that to gut his horrible interior and deck out your own....I mean, who wants mahogany furniture when you can get reclaimed redwood?  And 24 carat gold fixtures are a must of course....I mean, what's the point of having a luxury jet if you can't decorate it to your tastes? 🙂  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg